11:00am Zane Trace Girls vs. Berne Union Girls
12:45pm Grandview v. Westfall
2:30 Amanda CC v. Piketon
4:15 Circleville v. Adena
6:00 WCH v. VC
7:45 ZT v. Berne Union

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Pfloyd's 2015-16 Preseason Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Let'sGoPSU: The schedule for the Trojans can be found at www.trojanhoops.org.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

I like that schedule. I will have the day off so I may have to travel over and catch a couple of games.

Live Like A Champion!
FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Minford No idea on scrimmages for the Falcons.

4 Dec Waverly
5 Dec at North Adams
11 Dec South Webster
12 Dec at Alexander
15 Dec at Green
18 Dec at Northwest
22 Dec Wheelersburg
23 Dec at Jackson
28 Dec Wendy's Classic at Portsmouth vs. Ironton
8 Jan at West
9 Jan at Chesapeake vs. Trimble
12 Jan at Oak Hill
15 Jan Valley
19 Jan at Waverly
22 Jan at South Webster
23 Jan Warren
26 Jan Northwest
29 Jan at Wheelersburg
2 Feb West
5 Feb Oak Hill
9 Feb Huntington Ross
12 Feb at Valley

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Thx dave..My link isnt working Ill get it on my cell

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Pfloyd, great to start reading about SEO hoops. Being in Arizona high school basketball is good but not SEO good. Looking forward to trojandave and others for updates on The Portsmouth Trojans!

Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Post by Henry Jones, Jr. »

wipala wrote:Pfloyd, great to start reading about SEO hoops. Being in Arizona high school basketball is good but not SEO good. Looking forward to trojandave and others for updates on The Portsmouth Trojans!
It would be nice this winter if we could get an occasional weather update from out in Arizona!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… Saturday tips off MY hoops season !!! heading to LHS at 10am to catch some of the Purple vs Eastern Pike scrimmage … both Eastern Pike and the Purple are under new leadership with longtime Wheelersburg HS head man Coach Barrick now leading Eastern Pike … Logan now under Coach Kellough … looks like Isaiah Smith & Co. will play coming off of last weeks football finale vs Warren - not much rest for the FB guys but it will be fun to get a feel for what each team brings to the table this season … I'm excited - let's do it !!!

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Henry Jones, Jr. wrote:
wipala wrote:Pfloyd, great to start reading about SEO hoops. Being in Arizona high school basketball is good but not SEO good. Looking forward to trojandave and others for updates on The Portsmouth Trojans!
It would be nice this winter if we could get an occasional weather update from out in Arizona!
Well, today we are having Ohio weather, around 73, cloudy and rain! We will take it for a day or two! lol

Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Post by Henry Jones, Jr. »

wipala wrote:
Henry Jones, Jr. wrote:
Well, today we are having Ohio weather, around 73, cloudy and rain! We will take it for a day or two! lol
It was 80 and Sunny here today!! It was just like Arizona in February!

Greenbobcats3
Waterboy

Post by Greenbobcats3 »

Green will prove a lot of people wrong this year

IWacthFromTheStands
Waterboy

Post by IWacthFromTheStands »

Greenbobcats3 wrote:Green will prove a lot of people wrong this year
Who do they have?

Tonto
Waterboy

Post by Tonto »

Green had a nice 8th grade team last year. Will they make the transition to Varsity? That's asking an awful lot. But sometimes a year makes a lot of difference.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan takes on Eastern Pike in their first scrimmage of the season at 10am … Fairfield Union entertains Coach Duckworth's Marietta Tigers to open the preseason action …

Who else has scrimmages and with whom this weekend ?

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

Westfall, Lynchburg, Vinton County, Teays Valley today.

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

Good day for Westfall. 2-0 against VC and 1-1-1 against LC
Last edited by Wffan on Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Manchester, Notre Dame, and South Gallia on Thursday at ND.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Watched my Logan Purple under Coach Kellough scrimmage vs Coach Barrick's Eastern Pike squad this morning … both teams are in good hands with their respective coaches running the show … I watched 2 mentors who have 814 high school coaching "Ws" under their belts … Coach Kellough and Coach Barrick were "teaching" both players and assistant coaches the game of hoops today - as a cheap seat guy THIS is what scrimmages are all about - teaching the game …

… it is so early in the campaign I paid little attention on the offensive end of the floor … I looked at defensive effort/fundamentals … where do these teams stand and where did it look like they were going under new leadership … it is all upside for both teams … Eastern Pike lacks size - although they are "strong" across the board … they play hard, will put a body on you … Coach Barrick worked hard on getting "bodies" on the floor , in the positions they needed to be on the floor at both ends of the floor … I saw lots of talented athletes on the Eastern side of the court - looking forward to seeing EHS live when the season opens … The Logan Purple has many many positives … Lane Little (PG) may be the quickest/playmaker guard I will see ALL season … Isaiah Smith (6-3) is pure and simple an athlete … he was a stud on the football field/ he will be outstanding this season on the court at both ends … Kory Henthorne (6-5) post player … has to fill the roll of "big man in the middle" under Coach Kellough , KH will have a great season in the paint … big/strong and can shoot the FT , more importantly he is very coachable … Sam Evans at 6-4 is a question mark - he CAN BE a difference maker if he buys into the program, Evans is long, has basketball talent can be a major help on the boards at both ends … 5th starter will come from the newcomers in my mind - Bo Meyers or Kalib(?) Bell both talented freshmen … Bell is a solid defensive player/ has length / can shoot the 3 ball consistently … add to the mix Kayden Landis (6-3) soph, soph guard Bradie Walsh , senior backup point man Cole Baron quick/strong/100% in your face at both ends … senior Chase Walter (6-4) will spell Henthorne in the paint …

… this group of Purple is the deepest squad for many years …

… Coach K, is preaching defense, teaching defense, instructing on the "true" fundamentals of playing D … keeping players "in play", hustling with a purpose - not taking themselves out of the play by overplaying … getting everyone to be in position to hit the boards, getting a body on people, getting players to stop using their hands, moving their feet - I know ALL of these are basics BUT if you have athletes YOU as the coach can improve TEAM the most by making sure these athletes know/use the fundamentals … games are won by doing ALL of the little things better than your opponent … offensively - not giving up your dribble, stop the "as soon as you get the ball put it on the floor - pass it ! … get in the triple threat position (basics) … square up to the basket … can't make a play with your back to the basketball … bigs inside - getting under control before going up strong … seems simple enough BUT youngsters want to get the ball out of their hands and up too soon - ending up with an unbalanced shot in the paint/when you get the ball inside TEAM needs to score or get to the line … one of the areas I see as one that Coach K will work on is "feeding the post" … seems easy BUT there is a skill in getting the ball into the paint, to your BIGS in a position so that your BIGS can be effective with the ball - score /fouled or both … Coach Kellough expects fundamentals out of EVERY player on the court - from the seniors on down … best player on down the line … no one gets a free pass … do it Coach Kellough's way or you won't be doing it … THIS is discipline … THIS is how you create an atmosphere of respect for TEAM, coaches, officials etc.

… Coach K does it the way I personally like to see it done … DEFENSE , DEFENSE and more DEFENSE …the Chiefs will pressure the opposition for 32 minutes … teams better be in shape playing the Purple as there will not be much drop off in the pressure when subs enter … fans will like the product on the court this season … FUNDAMENTALS at both ends BY EVERY PLAYER ON THE COURT - if you are the best player on the court YOU will be as fundamentally sound as anyone - in the end THAT alone makes THIS team better top to bottom - I like it ! … it's how you make the best athletes even better … it's how you make TEAM the best it can be … your athletes are always going to make "the plays" on the court that people aren't supposed to make - as a coach you count on that - we're talking about 2-3 plays like that a game BUT as a coach in order to be a "good team" you have to count on solid fundamentals out of EVERY player on EVERY play …the pay off is "Ws" …

… I'm excited about this season for the Purple !!! looking forward to seeing the improvement from today to my next "eye test" of the Purple in the scrimmage season … Best of luck to Coach Barrick & Eastern Pike , I will see EHS down the road I'm sure …

brown13
Waterboy

Post by brown13 »

Seen the eastern pike eagles scrimage at logan today thought it was a good scrimage both teams u have rated pretty fair this preseason alot of good ball players on the floor eagles get the post man in there they be real good team could be a top 15 team barrick doing great job as figured but 20 is fair. logan was tough at times too want to say what a beautiful campus they have too.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… Thanks brown13 - I feel lucky to be able to call the LHS campus home everyday … I agree - it was a good first outing for both squads … I saw a couple Eastern Eagles not dressed … I didn't know where they fit into the mix … they too looked "strong" , not especially tall - in the 6-2 area is my guess, but they had some width to them … Coach Barrick will put a quality "product" on the court - guaranteed …

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”