Waterford 69 Beaver Eastern 57 final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Waterford 69 Beaver Eastern 57 final

Post by pfloyd »

Waterford 69
Beaver Eastern 57 final

... D4 nightcap on Monday evening ... one of the games between 2 teams I didn't have the pleasure to see during the regular season - my loss as I found both teams to be well coached Simms (WHS) & Barrick (Eastern) ... I thought Eastern was very disciplined at both ends ... offensively not as explosive as Waterford - EHS returns 4/5 starters next season 2 years under Barrick will have the Eagles that much better ... Waterford controlled the game from the outset leading at all stops 14-9 , 32-24 , 54-46 Eastern did tie the game at 46-46 ... EHS outscored WHS 22-14 in the 3rd before Waterford closed out the quarter 8-0 led by junior Jordan Welch's 8 point to end the quarter 2 treys sandwiched around a deuce ... the 4th period had Jordan putting the nail in the Eagles coffin by hitting back to back to back threes to help Waterford get separation that was too much for Eastern to overcome ... Waterford 69 Beaver Eastern 57 a final ...

... Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Beaver Eastern

Scoring ... Clay Martin 16, Ethan Leist 12, Evan Leist 10, Tyler Hale 8, Ben Hessen 8, Willis Wells 2, Gabe Gambill 1

3-pointers ... 4/11 ... Clay Martin 3, Ethan Leist 1

FT's ... 7/15

TO's ... 11

... Coach Barrick has done an excellent job - no surprise right - with the Eastern "Program" ... Evan Leist is an excellent PG , heady , makes good basketball decision with the ball, you can tell he's had a ball in his hands "a lot" AND ONLY A FRESHMAN ... the junior returnees will be another year older/physically next season - Ethan Leist, Clay Martin, Quentin Alley, Tyler Hale ... sophomore Gabe Campbell ... good things to come next season for this group ...

... Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Beaver Eastern

Scoring ... Jordan Welch 23, Bryce Hilverding 17, Issac Huffman 7, Wyatt Lang 7, Tyler Mccutcheon 5, Cody Harris 4, Andrew Theiman 4, Riley Burns 2

3-pointers ... 10/16 ... Jordan Welch 5, Bryce Hilverding 3, Issac Huffman 1, Tyler Mccutchen 1

FT's ... 9/11

TO's ... 14

... as 93dog pointed out on another thread Waterford as a TEAM showed the least amount of "getting used to the shooting backdrop" of the CONVO hitting 2 of their game high 10 triples in the opening period ... 4/5 starters found the bottom of the net in the first quarter as well ... Waterford has size, inside outside scoring - what's NOT to like !?! ... the only weak area I could see is on the ball handling part of the game with a tendency to turn the ball over ... 9/10 players who saw action last night are returning for the 2016-17 season 100% of last scoring returns next season ... Waterford won't be starting out of the top 20 in the preseason poll next season - very nice ball club ...

Lovebball42
Freshman Team

Re: Waterford 69 Beaver Eastern 57 final

Post by Lovebball42 »

Bryce Hilverding had one of those 3 at the end of the 3rd quarter

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

I like my eagles chances of having another good year next year. I think coach did a good job with this team and I for one am glad to call myself a eagles fan. Ethan leist was named first team all district, clay Martin 2ND team,tyler hale honorable mention and got the little leist boy back next year and the rest of our role players we are in good shape. Pfloyd hope we get the chance to see u at the district's next year.

GO EAGLES
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... absolutely brown22 ... I have sat in the same spot practically every year I have attended Basketball Thirty - a few early years I wandered LOL ... but as I met more and more folks I decided to sit in the same location so anyone who came to the Convo during the 3 Weeks of the Convo and wanted to talk hoops, or just say hello to pfloyd wouldn't have to look hard for the purple hippo ... I've had the pleasure to meet many posters, coaches know where I sit, officials know where I sit, Lou makes sure he throws a hello up to the 2nd deck as well ...

I totally agree Eastern will be better than this season in the 2016-17 campaign - Coach Barrick is outstanding, another offseason with Coach Barrick gets everyone on the same page/and learning the nuances of their positions ... looking forward to seeing the Eagles !

Return to “Boys Basketball”