Alexander Spartains Basketball 08-09

BuckeyePride09
Waterboy

Alexander Spartains Basketball 08-09

Post by BuckeyePride09 »

So who all is returning who will the starters be and how you think they will do?

freethrow
Varsity

Re: Alexander Spartains Basketball 08-09

Post by freethrow »

Loaded, Loaded, and more Loaded....

alexanderspartan
Waterboy

Post by alexanderspartan »

I would really be surprised if we didn't win the league this year. Vinton County graduated a ton of good players. Belpre's best player, Sims, transferred. Meigs will be decent, but they won't be as good as Alex, VC or Belpre. They say Derrow has been recruiting again, so Wellston will have some new players. That happens all the time, though, and Wellston is still never any good. I couldn't imagine Nelsonville and Athens being anywhere near the top of the league, either.

BuckeyePride09
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyePride09 »

No disrespect to you AlexanderSpartan but you don't wanna be eating your words about Nelsonville now this year would you?Just saying don't count out Ny this season i happen to know for a fact that we to will be pretty loaded to

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

alexanderspartan wrote:They say Derrow has been recruiting again, so Wellston will have some new players. That happens all the time, though, and Wellston is still never any good.

You can't say that.....wait, you're not even from Vinton County :shock: . Must be an epidemic in opinions :122246 . I guess where there's smoke there must be fire. There must be an explanation :roll: .

Alex is the team to beat this year. Great coach...strong, classy program 8) .

Best of luck to the Spartans this year.

tazman
Riding the Bench

Post by tazman »

Im with freethrow... LOADED!
Don't even begin to rule the Spartans out for the TVC win...they will be one of the toughest on the hardwood for the upcoming season. Good Luck Boys and Coach Gabriel!

stillballin
Waterboy

Post by stillballin »

I think I am representing Wellstons fans coaches and players when I speak this one time to you.I will not respond to you or give you the satisfaction of acknowledging anything you do or are a part of. I want you to think about the comments you wrote about and I hope you will realize how off base you both(Alexander Spartan) are on your comments.You just seem to open your mouth without thinking about anyone's feelings or understanding that people who really don't know the situation read this forum and believe things that they read. The situation you are referring to is just exactly as I will explain it - Wellston had a player enroll at their school after he decided not to play at his school anymore but you say he was recruited, but you failed to mention that Alexander had a player quit his team(Meigs) in the middle of the season and transferred to Alexander but you failed to mention this situation. Do you see the similarities. But, you Ty Webb, made a comment that Alex is classy program with a great coach and strong program. I do not dispute those facts at all Great kids - Great Coach- Etc. -but when you addressed the poster (Alexander Spartan), I believe the comment was something to the nature of there must be an epidemic in perception and where theres smoke theres fire. Ty what a real professional comment that was. You are involved with the area youth as a sponsor and commentator. For you to comment on this site about one team and gloat about another that was just described as the exact same circumstance that is real classy on your part. You are two-faced - unprofessional and extremely biased toward every school in the TVC Ohio but one and you know who that is. And please do not get back on here and say you wish nothing but the best for the kids, its just the unethical coach or staff that you are concerned about. Bullcrap, this comment will come back to haunt you in the future. Your cute humor is not real funny from where Wellston fans sit. This is not the first time you have done this and I expect it to come back to bite you. You have taken numerous cheap shots at Wellston as a whole and as far as I am concerned you are very unprofessional and a two faced cheap shot artist. I will not get into a pissing contest with you or your buddies. I just felt I needed to respond to the truly biased comments from you about Wellston. I do not know why, but I guess I just expected more from you. To finalize, I have personally have heard you comment your support for Oak Hill, 2 or more transfers, Alexander, one or more transfers, Vinton Co, (EH) huge in the 20-0 season, Jackson has 3 of Wellstons freshman this year, but you continuously make the same recruiting comments about Wellston and I think most people are tired of your comments. PS - Name one school in the area that has not had at least one transfer in the last 5 years. Good Luck,
and please don't say but Wellston has had more than anyone else. One, two, three, One Hundred, its all the same. If you steal something once does that make it any better than the other guy who stole twice? I do not hardly think so. It is not selective transferring,or when it benefits you, it is all the same.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

stillballin wrote: Your cute humor is not real funny from where Wellston fans sit.

"Wellston fans sit?" Exactly how many Wellston fans would you say there are? I am willing to bet that Ty has more "buddies" than Wellston has fans!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Alexander will be have a very nice ball team in 08-09...They may very well win the TVC...Vinton County has been the class of the league for a few years and even though they graduated some excellent players the cupboard is by no means bare...I promise that no team in the TVC including Alex is going to sleep on the Vikes in 08-09...Having said that it should make for a very interesting year and some fun nights of TVC basketball!!...Go Vikings!!!!

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

stillballin wrote:I think I am representing Wellstons fans coaches and players when I speak this one time to you.I will not respond to you or give you the satisfaction of acknowledging anything you do or are a part of. I want you to think about the comments you wrote about and I hope you will realize how off base you both(Alexander Spartan) are on your comments.You just seem to open your mouth without thinking about anyone's feelings or understanding that people who really don't know the situation read this forum and believe things that they read. The situation you are referring to is just exactly as I will explain it - Wellston had a player enroll at their school after he decided not to play at his school anymore but you say he was recruited, but you failed to mention that Alexander had a player quit his team(Meigs) in the middle of the season and transferred to Alexander but you failed to mention this situation. Do you see the similarities. But, you Ty Webb, made a comment that Alex is classy program with a great coach and strong program. I do not dispute those facts at all Great kids - Great Coach- Etc. -but when you addressed the poster (Alexander Spartan), I believe the comment was something to the nature of there must be an epidemic in perception and where theres smoke theres fire. Ty what a real professional comment that was. You are involved with the area youth as a sponsor and commentator. For you to comment on this site about one team and gloat about another that was just described as the exact same circumstance that is real classy on your part. You are two-faced - unprofessional and extremely biased toward every school in the TVC Ohio but one and you know who that is. And please do not get back on here and say you wish nothing but the best for the kids, its just the unethical coach or staff that you are concerned about. Bullcrap, this comment will come back to haunt you in the future. Your cute humor is not real funny from where Wellston fans sit. This is not the first time you have done this and I expect it to come back to bite you. You have taken numerous cheap shots at Wellston as a whole and as far as I am concerned you are very unprofessional and a two faced cheap shot artist. I will not get into a pissing contest with you or your buddies. I just felt I needed to respond to the truly biased comments from you about Wellston. I do not know why, but I guess I just expected more from you. To finalize, I have personally have heard you comment your support for Oak Hill, 2 or more transfers, Alexander, one or more transfers, Vinton Co, (EH) huge in the 20-0 season, Jackson has 3 of Wellstons freshman this year, but you continuously make the same recruiting comments about Wellston and I think most people are tired of your comments. PS - Name one school in the area that has not had at least one transfer in the last 5 years. Good Luck,
and please don't say but Wellston has had more than anyone else. One, two, three, One Hundred, its all the same. If you steal something once does that make it any better than the other guy who stole twice? I do not hardly think so. It is not selective transferring,or when it benefits you, it is all the same.

You know, I have read this like three times and I am not sure as to the meaning. It seems to me to be a drunken tirade with its never ending paragraph. Boy, just maybe, I just "need to grow up, this poopy has gone on for too long."

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Before this thread heads south, and any thread involving hawkeyepierce tends to at some point, I will attempt to steer it back on track and out of the path of Hurricane Removal. It's at a category 3 and gaining strength with the last few posts. New Orleans and the Gulf Coast facing Gustav isn't as fortunate.

I look for the Spartans to do very well this year, with a good nucleus returning, and challenge for the TVC-Ohio title.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

First, I'd like to apologize to any and all posters, mainly the Alexander ones, as the title of this thread was to discuss the Spartans upcoming boys season. Like Keyser Soze78 said, I certainly hope this thread doesn't turn into another zinger fest, but feel, after Stillballin's tirade, a rebuttal was appropriate.

hawkeyepierce wrote:
stillballin wrote:I think I am representing Wellstons fans coaches and players when I speak this one time to you.I will not respond to you or give you the satisfaction of acknowledging anything you do or are a part of. I want you to think about the comments you wrote about and I hope you will realize how off base you both(Alexander Spartan) are on your comments.You just seem to open your mouth without thinking about anyone's feelings or understanding that people who really don't know the situation read this forum and believe things that they read. The situation you are referring to is just exactly as I will explain it - Wellston had a player enroll at their school after he decided not to play at his school anymore but you say he was recruited, but you failed to mention that Alexander had a player quit his team(Meigs) in the middle of the season and transferred to Alexander but you failed to mention this situation. Do you see the similarities. But, you Ty Webb, made a comment that Alex is classy program with a great coach and strong program. I do not dispute those facts at all Great kids - Great Coach- Etc. -but when you addressed the poster (Alexander Spartan), I believe the comment was something to the nature of there must be an epidemic in perception and where theres smoke theres fire. Ty what a real professional comment that was. You are involved with the area youth as a sponsor and commentator. For you to comment on this site about one team and gloat about another that was just described as the exact same circumstance that is real classy on your part. You are two-faced - unprofessional and extremely biased toward every school in the TVC Ohio but one and you know who that is. And please do not get back on here and say you wish nothing but the best for the kids, its just the unethical coach or staff that you are concerned about. Bullcrap, this comment will come back to haunt you in the future. Your cute humor is not real funny from where Wellston fans sit. This is not the first time you have done this and I expect it to come back to bite you. You have taken numerous cheap shots at Wellston as a whole and as far as I am concerned you are very unprofessional and a two faced cheap shot artist. I will not get into a pissing contest with you or your buddies. I just felt I needed to respond to the truly biased comments from you about Wellston. I do not know why, but I guess I just expected more from you. To finalize, I have personally have heard you comment your support for Oak Hill, 2 or more transfers, Alexander, one or more transfers, Vinton Co, (EH) huge in the 20-0 season, Jackson has 3 of Wellstons freshman this year, but you continuously make the same recruiting comments about Wellston and I think most people are tired of your comments. PS - Name one school in the area that has not had at least one transfer in the last 5 years. Good Luck,

You know, I have read this like three times and I am not sure as to the meaning. It seems to me to be a drunken tirade with its never ending paragraph. Boy, just maybe, I just "need to grow up, this poopy has gone on for too long."

In a nutshell, your little one paragraph run-on is about the biggest pile of horses**t I've ever read on this forum. Granted, you're certainly entitled your opinion, and as a gentlemen, hope you too would show me the same amount of respect. The purpose of this forum is for fans to exchange information, opinions, and banter regarding, in particular, high school athletics throughout Southeastern Ohio.

At no time ever.....EVER have I taken a personal shot at ANY individual kid enrolled in the program at Wellston. My comments, as you indicate, have presented thoughts and/or questions regarding a continual pattern of transfers that predominately seem to have a consistent theme involving a certain individual within the program. And trust me, Stillballin, as much as you'd like to believe that you "represent Wellston fans, coaches, and players"...there is certainly many within the district that completely disagree with your opinion. I have spoken to many within the Wellston community that feel things ARE spiraling out of control and do agree that there are apparent improprieties. I would agree with you, however, that many of the rumors circulating over the years are merely that.....unsubstantiated gossip that no one can or is willing to take the effort to prove. My point though, as indicated in an earlier post, was that under normal circumstances when one hears enough "rumors" that, upon careful investigation, some or all of the rumor can and will be substantiated

I guess that is where you and I must agree to disagree. You seem to be very defensive about any of my(or any other posters) comments regarding this situation. I can honestly tell you that if, say, VC's head coach entered into a pattern of actions that I felt were unethical I would discuss it with the coach, AD, and principal. You see I DO care about our youth....not just in Vinton County, but everywhere(even Wellston); and that ultimately it is the self-aggrandizing pattern from adults that hurts our youth. In the long-term, this "adult behavior" is a complete contradiction of the principals that truly mold the success of our youth.

So far as your intimidative comments regarding me being "two faced..unprofessional and biased".....I could care less because I'm not. I am, and will continue to be, consistent about my opinion regarding this topic, and will not let this affect any professional or philanthropic responsibility. In fact, if you're so sure as to my identity, contact me and I'd be more than happy to communicate our differences.

Anyhow....good luck to the Alexander Spartans in the upcoming season.

CAT@MOUSEBBBALL
Waterboy

Post by CAT@MOUSEBBBALL »

How did tolar and up at alexander? how tall is he,what are is strenghts of his game?

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

Not real sure on that one and I am sure there is someone more qualified than me to speak on this subject. But from what I know, he and his family were not happy at Meigs. So they made the move last year. He actually had to sit out last season and watch from the bench at Alex. He should be a nice addition to the team for the Spartans.

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

If you are going to create a new topic, learn how to spell first. It is SPARTANS, not Spartains. And oh yeah, they are going to be pretty good.

Catch One
Freshman Team

Post by Catch One »

Watch some of the Alexander boys play last weekend at P-burg South. They looked good. In the first game, the 2 Alex, boys was playing with 2 Fed Hock boys, looked like they have played together for a while. They moved the ball around good. Played well together. 2nd Game the Alex boys looked good also but played a weak Team. Good Luck to The Boys from Alex & Fed Hock at P-Burg South in the Fall League.

llabteksab
Waterboy

Post by llabteksab »

How did the sophmore point guard from warren do? with the alexander boys

Catch One
Freshman Team

Post by Catch One »

I only seen one warren player, he also played a nice game. He is a player and a good kid. (Wild Hair)

Catch One
Freshman Team

Post by Catch One »

Seen the boys play at P-Burg agian this Sunday, They make it fun to watch. Frist game two boys from Alex (Bobo & Tolar) Two from Warren and 1 from F.F.
That 5 won there game. All 5 played a nice game. Tolar is strong and Bobo smooth under the basket. Was a better ball game this week for them.
The other team 2 Alex 2 Fed H. 1 Marietta, The are fun to watch to. Down 14 in frist half, but won buy 10 I think. The Fed boy down under did a great job setting picks and getting open, the guards on that team make it happen, they can all put the ball in the hole, and the one from Alex the other from FH can just plain pass. Good to see all these kids play togeather. Alex & Fed Should have a good year. All the boys from Alex playing togeather should be tough, And I think these 2 from FH and the rest of them boys should be good to.

Return to “Boys Basketball”