Wheelersburg vs. Lynchburg Clay

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Wheelersburg vs. Lynchburg Clay

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Game is this Sunday at 3:45.

Burg beat Lynchburg Clay last year 52-48 as the 11 seed and LB the 6th seed in the sectional semi-finals.

Burg was mediocre at best last year and has greatly improved this year. Anything different about Lynchburg? Do they have any size or are they a shooting team?

If they don't have any size Burg needs to pound it inside to Coleman and Lotspeich and let them control the paint. Holden and Davis running the guard spot hopefully can knock down some three's to open up the middle. If they three ball isn't falling they need to drive to the basket and either get the basket, assist or foul.

Good luck Pirates!! Looking forward to watching some b-ball on Sunday at the Convo.

BigPoppa77
Waterboy

Re: Wheelersburg vs. Lynchburg Clay

Post by BigPoppa77 »

Lynchburg has all facets, if enough turn up it could get ugly for Burg

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Yes, a lot has changed. You know the kid that didn't play vs Wheelersburg last year that averaged 25+ a game? Pierson is his last name. Well he's back.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Looks like they put up a lot of points so look for Burg to try and slow it down.

Only common opponent was Waverly which Burg split with and LB beat by 13.

BigPoppa77
Waterboy

Post by BigPoppa77 »

Pierson, Goirdano, Mullins, McLaughlin...any or all could go 15+, add that to a deep bench putting up 4-8 each, if all are clicking, look out

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I'm excited about this one ! I have not had the opportunity to see Lynchburg Clay this season ... it had nothing to do with NOT wanting to - it's all about location location location ... obvious they have had a great season ... I want to be able to see with my own bifocals what they bring to the table ... compare "their" game to the other top teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... and even eat some crow for NOT having them in the Elite 8 at the end of the season ... as I said I'm looking forward to seeing them from the "NEW" Cheap Seats !!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg will for sure have to control the tempo and not let them get that many shots. If Burg tries to get in a run and gun game with them they will be in trouble.

IMO, Burg needs to pump the ball into Coleman and get Lotspeich to post up more down low. Coleman is a load under the basket and gets the majority of his shots from offensive rebounds.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I seen LC at waverly ,and yabbadabbadoo is right at least from what I seen on that night a running game could pose some problems for burg .

I think this will be a great game

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... sounds like the team who can control the tempo so the game is played to fit the makeup of their team will have the advantage in this one ... LC uptempo vs Wheelersburg half court game to limit the LC "shots on goal" deliberate offense designed to shorten the game time wise ... we'll see which team can "git'r done" and play THEIR game ! - should be fun !

HoopsGenius
Waterboy

Post by HoopsGenius »

I have not seen Lynchburg, but know they won their league and have a great record. I seen Burg play Portsmouth and they have some athletes and some size. Should be a good game?

Ballboy09
Riding the Bench

Post by Ballboy09 »

LC definitely has an exciting brand of ball. Really fun to watch. If all cylinders are firing, watch out. Carson is using this week to get ready. Boys are going to be jacked. Convo will be rocking come Sunday afternoon!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg by 5

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Lol I win either way

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Pirates are athletic enough to get back in transition. If they can, they will come out on top.

MyOpinion
Waterboy

Post by MyOpinion »

I believe the length of Wheelersburg will bother LC on the offensive end. I would expect to see Wheelersburg extend the floor on defense. Not to speed them up but to slow down their fast break.

I think Wheelersburg will try to play keep away on the offensive end and force LC into a half court game. In my opinion the team that rebounds the ball the best will win and that should be Wheelersburg.

It should be a great game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

MyOpinion wrote:I believe the length of Wheelersburg will bother LC on the offensive end. I would expect to see Wheelersburg extend the floor on defense. Not to speed them up but to slow down their fast break.

I think Wheelersburg will try to play keep away on the offensive end and force LC into a half court game. In my opinion the team that rebounds the ball the best will win and that should be Wheelersburg.

Agree with this one

markymark1969
Freshman Team

Post by markymark1969 »

Ironman92 wrote:
MyOpinion wrote:I believe the length of Wheelersburg will bother LC on the offensive end. I would expect to see Wheelersburg extend the floor on defense. Not to speed them up but to slow down their fast break.

Agree with this one

I agree as well.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Slowing tempo is fine but you must be productive scoring on your possessions. Should be fun to watch.

Return to “Boys Basketball”