Alexander (19-5) vs Valley (19-3) - D3 district semi-final

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Alexander (19-5) vs Valley (19-3) - D3 district semi-final

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thoughts?
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coop
SEOPS

Re: Alexander (19-5) vs Valley (18-3) - D3 district semi-final

Post by coop »

Should be a great ballgame. Valley defeated Alexander earlier in the season.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

coop wrote:Should be a great ballgame. Valley defeated Alexander earlier in the season.
On the contrary, Valley and Alexander have not played this season. Valley did beat Alexander last year. Alexander did beat one of the two teams, Minford, that beat Valley this year twice.

Valley has been very good for several years. Alexander will play a defense that most teams do not play. I think this is a pick'em game. Of course, I am picking Alexander.

Go Alex. Go TVC!

Flock_92
Freshman Team

Post by Flock_92 »

Should be a great ball game. Valley had better run and gun to beat them, let Rolfe run the floor and keep the tempo up. Alex's big boys may not handle the running game as well as they do the half court slow set game. Will be rooting for the SOC, ROLL TRIBE!!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

This should be a great game filled with big, strong, quick athletes.

I see an absolute barn burner but I think the final will be:

Alexander 62
Valley 59

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think this will be a pretty good game.
I'll be rooting for Alex!
GO TVC!!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

spartans_fan wrote:
coop wrote:Should be a great ballgame. Valley defeated Alexander earlier in the season.
On the contrary, Valley and Alexander have not played this season. Valley did beat Alexander last year. Alexander did beat one of the two teams, Minford, that beat Valley this year twice.

Valley has been very good for several years. Alexander will play a defense that most teams do not play. I think this is a pick'em game. Of course, I am picking Alexander.

Go Alex. Go TVC!
Heck I thought they had played earlier in the year, but it was Trimble that Valley beat. I knew it was a TVC team, just couldn't remember which one. Hard to keep up from so far away.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

2/28 (Sunday) 5:30p @ the Convo (Athens)

Post by Crab's Brother »

Valley is actually 19-3

I expect this to be a very close game on Sunday. Having watched Alexander's last 6 quarters of play, they are a very good team. They do what they do and they do it really well. I think man per man, Valley has better basketball players, but Alexander can definitely match you athlete per athlete.

One advantage Valley should have is experience at the Convo. Unless Albany has played in a tournament or classic there this will be there first trip.

Alexander has a couple of really nice players, but I think Valley will have the best on the floor in Bryan Rolfe. This will be Rolfe's 7th game on the Convo floor (3-3), so it won't be strange for him.

This is Valley's 5th straight trip to the Districts. They have captured a Regional runner-up and District Runner-up in those trips,

Coach Scott Rolfe and his staff now sit at 97-23 in their 5 years (9-4 in tournament play/4-4 at the Convo) so this is nothing new for them.

I think this one is decided late with Valley's seniors making a few plays down the stretch.

Valley 58
Alexander 53

spartans_fan
Varsity

Re: Alexander (19-5) vs Valley (19-3) - D3 district semi-final

Post by spartans_fan »

I am not sure how much Alexander has seen of Valley. I am sure Alexander will be prepared.

Convo experience is huge. Alexander has 8 seniors on the team, so these boys have seen a lot. They have not been this far in the basketball tournament. I just don't think the stage will be too big for them since most of them have experienced success in both football and baseball too.

Woodwards brother
Waterboy

Post by Woodwards brother »

Crab's Brother wrote:Valley is actually 19-3

I expect this to be a very close game on Sunday. Having watched Alexander's last 6 quarters of play, they are a very good team. They do what they do and they do it really well. I think man per man, Valley has better basketball players, but Alexander can definitely match you athlete per athlete.

One advantage Valley should have is experience at the Convo. Unless Albany has played in a tournament or classic there this will be there first trip.

Alexander has a couple of really nice players, but I think Valley will have the best on the floor in Bryan Rolfe. This will be Rolfe's 7th game on the Convo floor (3-3), so it won't be strange for him.

This is Valley's 5th straight trip to the Districts. They have captured a Regional runner-up and District Runner-up in those trips,

Coach Scott Rolfe and his staff now sit at 97-23 in their 5 years (9-4 in tournament play/4-4 at the Convo) so this is nothing new for them.

I think this one is decided late with Valley's seniors making a few plays down the stretch.

Valley 58
Alexander 53
You sure think you know a lot about Valley sports, don't you? :lol: I think the score will be the other way around. If Rolfe is not on it then Valley really struggles to score the basketball. Alexander's defense is very good. Its going to be a barn burner in Athens!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

spartans_fan wrote:I am not sure how much Alexander has seen of Valley. I am sure Alexander will be prepared.

Convo experience is huge. Alexander has 8 seniors on the team, so these boys have seen a lot. They have not been this far in the basketball tournament. I just don't think the stage will be too big for them since most of them have experienced success in both football and baseball too.
It should be packed with red and black clad fans so I think the Spartans will feel right at home.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

Orange and Brown wrote:
spartans_fan wrote:I am not sure how much Alexander has seen of Valley. I am sure Alexander will be prepared.

It should be packed with red and black clad fans so I think the Spartans will feel right at home.
One advantage the Spartans will have is they will be used to hearing their names called out by Sweet Lou Horvath. The "2-minutes" call will not bother them at all. Also, Randy Dillinger will be keeping the book. So familiarity will be all over the place.

I am pumped up to see this team play in the Convo. They have worked so hard to get there.

Go Alex.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Woodwards brother wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:Valley is actually 19-3

Valley 58
Alexander 53
You sure think you know a lot about Valley sports, don't you? :lol: I think the score will be the other way around. If Rolfe is not on it then Valley really struggles to score the basketball. Alexander's defense is very good. Its going to be a barn burner in Athens!

I know enough. :D

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley 40
Alexander 33

1:40 to play

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley 47
Alexander 39

Indians will play for a District Title next Saturday night!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Congratulations Valley

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Alex didn't rebound well at all. It made a difference in the game.
Hats off to Valley!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Congrats to Valley and good luck!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Orange and Brown wrote:Alex didn't rebound well at all. It made a difference in the game.
Hats off to Valley!

You couldn't be more right. Indians win the battle on the boards 42-22 and win the game.

Valley did a great job on the two stars of Alexander (Richardson and Chapman). Those two combined to go 5-20. The Indians got a great performance out of Bryce Romanello. He was a man on the glass and lead them in scoring. Blake Howard was absolutely outstanding on both ends of the floor.

All and all a very good win for Valley. Alexander is a very good basketball team.

Indians improve to 20-3 on the year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”