Vinton County (19-4) vs Unioto (23-1) - district semi-final

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Vinton County (19-4) vs Unioto (23-1) - district semi-final

Post by 93Bulldog »

thoughts?
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Vinton County vs Unioto - district semi-final

Post by Orange and Brown »

Could be another close game.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Is CC playing for the U or is he done. Saw where he was in pregame warmups on another thread. Is he cleared to play?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

He's close, totally up to the doctors, but I think he feels good enough. He looked like he was floating last night with how happy he was to be out there in warmups.

Both coaches are going to be extremely familiar with one another. I think Unioto's experience on the Convo floor could be a major factor when things get going on Friday.

Going to be a fun 32 minutes, lots of quality basketball players will be on the floor and it should be a great game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VC's guards will keep them in it

bobsaget
Riding the Bench

Post by bobsaget »

Dani- He looked good in warm-ups and it looked to me like he only had a cast on one arm..(might be wrong) I thought him being out there just lifted the spirits of the U crowd and players. Everyone seemed to have an extra bounce in their step. As a CHS fan, I will definitely be rooting for the U the rest of the way!

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

The cast on the left wrist was still on.
I don't think Unioto is putting a lot of stock in him being effective until regionals. Keep in mind, this kid just broke both wrists 6 weeks ago. To think he's going to come back and be what he was pre injury is a little far fetched. The deeper they go, the closer he can get to 100%.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

I look for this to be a very close game. These are the two best teams in SEO IMO. Would've loved to see this matchup in the District finals. I feel that the winner of this game will beat either of the other two teams on the other side of the bracket and be moving on to regionals.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Last I have heard, CC doesn't see the doctor again until next week. Hoping for good news for him whenever he does go back, even if the Shermans are eliminated.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

hateraid wrote:I look for this to be a very close game. These are the two best teams in SEO IMO. Would've loved to see this matchup in the District finals. I feel that the winner of this game will beat either of the other two teams on the other side of the bracket and be moving on to regionals.

wait, so Miami Trace beats VC, AT VC.. yet you say VC v Unioto is the game with the two best teams.. how do you figure that?

Kennyk
Riding the Bench

Post by Kennyk »

The night VC lost to Miami Trace was probably was the worst shooting night of the season for the team. Plus they missed over 10 free throws. VC is a very good free throw shooting team. Just not that night. Looking forward to a good game Friday night and let's see who plays in the finals.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Usually teams don't play their best when they lose. Almost always part of it.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Falcon01 wrote:
hateraid wrote:I look for this to be a very close game. These are the two best teams in SEO IMO. Would've loved to see this matchup in the District finals. I feel that the winner of this game will beat either of the other two teams on the other side of the bracket and be moving on to regionals.

wait, so Miami Trace beats VC, AT VC.. yet you say VC v Unioto is the game with the two best teams.. how do you figure that?
Umm..... Because that's my opinion...
VC also lost at home to Athens during that stretch a team they destroyed by 40 in Athens.
These are 15-18 year old kids they WILL have off nights. Mark it down winner of this game wins the next one as well.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

I know nothing about VC. I want to know more how they play. Are they young? Seniors? what makes up this team?
I have seen Unioto many times. Most recently taking out my Cavaliers in the sectional finals.
My Cavaliers beat them the first time around and i think the key to success was....well, playing the best game they could. They beat them on the boards, made what seemed like every big shot, and wanted it more. I think thats the key for VC. Youre going to have to want it more and beat them at almost every aspect of the game....no brainer right? lol.

(Even when we played the way we did the first time we only won by 3 :shock: ).

IF they can somehow keep wheeler and hosley off the boards things will be close. easy put backs and the offensive rebounds swing to the U then i think they win by 10+.

SkiPopLover
Riding the Bench

Post by SkiPopLover »

As a basketball fan, this is going to be an awesome game to watch.

- It'll be a very close game IF VC can keep Unioto's posts off the boards. If not.. Well VC be in for a long night.

- Unioto's guards are pretty good and very athletic, but VC's guards are some of the most fundamental sounded players in SE Ohio. Plus the boys can just shoot.

- Unioto's depth will hurt VC. Especially if Caudill and McIntire are out still.

- At the Chillicothe / Unioto game, Chillicothe's guards did not attack Unioto's zone and that ultimately that hurt them. VC's guards are aggressive and are not afraid to get blocked a few times. They're going to try to get Unioto's posts in trouble.

- The Tristan Bartoe and Logan Swackhammer matchup will be very fun to watch. Both are great young basketball players.

- Two of the best coaches in SE Ohio.

- Two of the most passionate fan bases in SE Ohio.

- They're all winners that just find ways to win.

- Winner of this game will win the district.

Good luck to both teams and let's pray for an injury free game.

But most importantly.. GO VIKES!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

GO VIKES!
GO TVC!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Does anyone know the status of McIntire for VC? I pretty sure Caudill is out for the rest of the year.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

hateraid wrote:Does anyone know the status of McIntire for VC? I pretty sure Caudill is out for the rest of the year.
... from talking to one of the VC coaches before the game vs Warren he said Caudill was done for the year, while McIntire was a toss up to go or not go vs Warren ... with the week of rest and I'm sure work with the trainer he should be able to go on Friday - just my thought based on the "wording" used to describe the injury ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

pfloyd wrote:
hateraid wrote:Does anyone know the status of McIntire for VC? I pretty sure Caudill is out for the rest of the year.
... from talking to one of the VC coaches before the game vs Warren he said Caudill was done for the year, while whether McIntire was a toss up to go or not go vs Warren ... with the week of rest and I'm sure work with the trainer he should be able to go on Friday - just my thought based on the "wording" used to describe the injury ...

I hate to hear Vinton County is having such issue with injuries. Their depth was one of their strengths this year.

Go TVC!

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Bo McIntire is out. His MRI results came back with a torn ACL.

Here is latest episode of the Viking Roundball Podcast, recorded this afternoon with Coach Combs. Click on the link and you'll hear everything going on with the Vikings as they prepare for their district semi against Unioto.

http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpress/vrbh022316

Return to “Boys Basketball”