Clay 55
Peebles 42
final

SHACFan
Freshman Team

Re: D-IV Northwest Sectional Finals

Post by SHACFan »

Rodeo1 wrote:
SHACFan wrote:Fairfield played well, just could not match-up with Brown.
Putnum had to have at least 40 points tonight also for Fairfield. Good job Fairfield. Good luck to East at the Convo.
I mean defensively.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

SHACFan wrote:
Rodeo1 wrote:
Putnum had to have at least 40 points tonight also for Fairfield. Good job Fairfield. Good luck to East at the Convo.
I mean defensively.
I agree. When Fairfield put #10 on Brown in the first half,I thought he played good defense on Brown. Why didn't the Coach put him back in after halftime. He was able to force Akia left which worked well.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Rodeo1 wrote:
SHACFan wrote:
Rodeo1 wrote: Putnum had to have at least 40 points tonight also for Fairfield. Good job Fairfield. Good luck to East at the Convo.
I mean defensively.
I agree. When Fairfield put #10 on Brown in the first half,I thought he played good defense on Brown. Why didn't the Coach put him back in after halftime. He was able to force Akia left which worked well.
Brown can go left or right, trust me. 43 points(without a single 3 point basket ) I don't think #10 could've slowed him down at all(He has been zoned, face guarded, double and triple teamed all year and still avg about 20 plus) . When Brown plays like he played tonight for 4 periods with a sense of urgency there's not too many that will slow him down. Fairfield played a great game, East is on to the convo...hopefully their other players step up like they have been lately. I guess that's what happens when you don't have 1 senior.
Last edited by asb on Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Rodeo1 wrote:
He had 29 points..17 in first half..kid can stroke it

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

Thought the Clay team played well tonight. We saw good defense,rebounding and balanced scoring. I was one of a few that knew they were capable of winning. Not bad for all those juniors, not one senior dressed. Lower seed as I stated.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

rosemount guy wrote:Thought the Clay team played well tonight. We saw good defense,rebounding and balanced scoring. I was one of a few that knew they were capable of winning. Not bad for all those juniors, not one senior dressed. Lower seed as I stated.
Yes they did...hopefully they can knock off trimble as well. It doesn't matter where you're seeded because the bottom line is you just have to win. I'm going for all S.O.C. 1 schools.

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

Best basketball I've seen Clay play all year. Defense was swarming, if Clay can play like that at the Convo than they may be able to make some noise. I thought Peebles would of tried to get out and pressure more than what they did.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Two very exciting games last night! As expected in this loaded sectional.

Looking forward to two more exciting ones tonight with South Webster vs. Eastern followed by Notre Dame vs. Western.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Today's games getting ready to start. Should be fun.

Spud
Riding the Bench

Post by Spud »

As a fan who had never seen EITHER Fairfield or East, I was extremely impressed with Fairfield. Everybody I talked to in Scioto County said East would coast through this game. Fairfield is a VERY well-coached team. They were just unable to stop the one kid, and he IS a good one. But, Fairfield certainly has nothing to be ashamed of.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Spud wrote:As a fan who had never seen EITHER Fairfield or East, I was extremely impressed with Fairfield. Everybody I talked to in Scioto County said East would coast through this game. Fairfield is a VERY well-coached team. They were just unable to stop the one kid, and he IS a good one. But, Fairfield certainly has nothing to be ashamed of.
Fairfield played lights out. They shot the ball extremely well but I will say this, East didn't play one of their better overall games. Plus when your the top seed everyone wants to beat you. Thats just added incentive

Bugatti
Riding the Bench

Post by Bugatti »

Eastern 33 South Webster 23 HT

Bugatti
Riding the Bench

Post by Bugatti »

Eastern 55 South Webster 40 5:19 in the Fourth

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Eastern getting it done.

Their talent and IMO the top coach in the district = a very tough out

hoops37
Waterboy

Post by hoops37 »

bbjunky81 wrote:
brown22 wrote:
Bucknuts15 wrote:East by 11
Webster by 5 with what I think is not a upset
Western by 2
Peebles by 3
if Webster beats eastern it's a upset there is a reason they have lost that many games. I know they beat east that is all everybody says but hell akia may have had a migraine or a ear infection that put him off his game that night nobody knows. I seen them play against white oak and that's what they looked like a #7 seed. white oaks guards took it to the hole all night got all kinds of penetration just couldn't make a shot and white oak played sloppy D. just saying if they win it's an upset.

Correct, there is a reason they've lost so many games.

Playing Wheelersburg twice, who would win the SOC 1.
Playing Minford twice, who would win the SOC 1.
Playing Valley twice, who would win the SOC 1.
Playing Waverly twice (and beating them by 15) who in my opinion would win the SOC 1
Playing Oak Hill twice who, in my opinion, would have a legit chance at winning the SOC 1.

So you're right, there is a reason they've lost that many games. And it's probably because all of those teams listed are drastically better than Green, New Boston, and Symmes Valley, which is 6 guaranteed wins for the top SOC 1 schools.
One thing everyone forgot about... Tom barrick!!! He just dominated the big bad soc 2 (like he did for years!). Keep giving the ole ball coach motivation though. So many haters! Eastern has a hall of gamer at the helm like it or not. Im just glad the ovc doesn't have to play him anymore at the convo since he's d4

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

hoops37 wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:
brown22 wrote:
if Webster beats eastern it's a upset there is a reason they have lost that many games. I know they beat east that is all everybody says but hell akia may have had a migraine or a ear infection that put him off his game that night nobody knows. I seen them play against white oak and that's what they looked like a #7 seed. white oaks guards took it to the hole all night got all kinds of penetration just couldn't make a shot and white oak played sloppy D. just saying if they win it's an upset.

Correct, there is a reason they've lost so many games.

Playing Wheelersburg twice, who would win the SOC 1.
Playing Minford twice, who would win the SOC 1.
Playing Valley twice, who would win the SOC 1.
Playing Waverly twice (and beating them by 15) who in my opinion would win the SOC 1
Playing Oak Hill twice who, in my opinion, would have a legit chance at winning the SOC 1.

So you're right, there is a reason they've lost that many games. And it's probably because all of those teams listed are drastically better than Green, New Boston, and Symmes Valley, which is 6 guaranteed wins for the top SOC 1 schools.
One thing everyone forgot about... Tom barrick!!! He just dominated the big bad soc 2 (like he did for years!). Keep giving the ole ball coach motivation though. So many haters! Eastern has a hall of gamer at the helm like it or not. Im just glad the ovc doesn't have to play him anymore at the convo since he's d4
Who is hating? Most discussion was the semantics of an upset or not.

I'm rooting for Eastern more than any team in D4 that's moving on.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Who is hating? I don't recall anything negative being said about Eastern.

Eastern won the game from start to finish. They shot lights out first half and Webster was lucky
To cut it to 10 at half. Second half they just couldn't seem to get over the hump. They'd make a run, and Eastern would answer right back.

Eastern undoubtedly deserved the win. Zimmerman couldn't throw it in the ocean, and that's all credit to Eastern's D. When Zimmerman isn't hitting shots, Jeeps struggle big time.

In lighter news, the freshman for Webster #4 Shiloah Blevins had a heck of a game. He was the best player for the Jeeps tonight.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Dunn97
Riding the Bench

Post by Dunn97 »

Western 54
ND 44
Final
Onto the Convo, Good Luck Indians!!

LAIndian
Waterboy

Post by LAIndian »

And they said it couldn't be done! Coach Miller did a great job adjusting at half time, and came away with the win. Kudos to him and the Indian players for a well played game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”