Western @ East tomorrow (make up game)

asb
Freshman Team

Western @ East tomorrow (make up game)

Post by asb »

Hearing East will be without Blain Scott tomorrow. (College Visit ), What's everyone's thoughts on this one. East has already won the League so the game really has no huge emphasis. Does Western come in and give East their first home lose? Should be a great game!!!

LAIndian
Waterboy

Re: Western @ East tomorrow (make up game)

Post by LAIndian »

I just hope no one gets hurt. Western had a good outing for their first game of the tourney, and have a tough game with ND next Wed. Im sure East fans feel the same way. I almost think that when the League title is not on the line that they shouldn't even play these games. Lets hope for the best.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

LAIndian wrote:I just hope no one gets hurt. Western had a good outing for their first game of the tourney, and have a tough game with ND next Wed. Im sure East fans feel the same way. I almost think that when the League title is not on the line that they shouldn't even play these games. Lets hope for the best.
Couldn't agree more. I believe Western has a shot of making it to the district finals and possibly sneak into the regionals...at that point ad hard as they play if shots are falling you never know. I absolutely love their coach. Great hire out there.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Kyle Miller is like the Brad Stevens of Southern Ohio. He does a tremendous job of getting the absolute most out of his kids and their skill sets. My question is, how will these coaches play it? I mean you have to know that Notre Dame and Fairfield are both going to be in attendance scouting for the sectional final contests. Are you afraid of injury and set guys out, or are you afraid of chemistry issues if you set your rotation guys? Should be a interesting game in Sciotoville.

Blue33
Freshman Team

Post by Blue33 »

It's fun for the kids but I don't like it. I say go out and have fun and just let them play. Once the SOC was decided and tournament play starts they should just let games be that don't account for anything.

!!!
Waterboy

Post by !!! »

East- 34
Western- 36
Half

Very scrappy and exciting first half

!!!
Waterboy

Post by !!! »

East-71
Western-63
Final

Nail biter until 1-2 minutes left
Congratulations East on the well-earned win

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

What a heck of a game, back and forth the whole game until about 2 minutes left. Although East was without their second leading scorer and leading rebounder (Blain Scott) and Brown being face guarded and doubled all night they were able to pull this one out verse a very very dangerous Western ball club. I'm telling you teams better look out for Western, their coach is excellent and his team responds very well to him. This game was played exactly like a playoff game, it had a playoff atmosphere. I'm glad it was played and no one got hurt. Brown finished with close to 30 and #33 for Western had to be close to 20 (he can shoot it). Good luck to both teams in tournament.

buckcc
Freshman Team

Post by buckcc »

What's there finial regular season records East and Western

!!!
Waterboy

Post by !!! »

buckcc wrote:What's there finial regular season records East and Western
Western final regular season record is 10-12 I believe. Not sure of East, but I think they only lost about 4 total and 1 conference game

LAIndian
Waterboy

Post by LAIndian »

I think the game turned out like it should have. I personally was glad to see Kyle take out his starters with a couple minutes left. I know that some did not like it. But, he had nothing to prove at this point in the season. East, and Western have bigger fish to fry.
I want to give a shout out to the East fans on what they did for Jeremy McCloud at the game. That was a class act from a rival school. It will not soon be forgotten. Those are the times that you hope that the kids are paying attention.
Good luck to both in their respective tourney games.

buckcc
Freshman Team

Post by buckcc »

I not from down you guys way,but I get mess with some these teams names, there's two eastern and western then there's East are they the same team as ports. Sciotoville community.back In my day some these teams name change. They use to be called eastern Pike then there was Western Pike, then I remember there was Ross southwestern, then also is reedsville eastern, help me out some of these teams nams

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

buckcc wrote:I not from down you guys way,but I get mess with some these teams names, there's two eastern and western then there's East are they the same team as ports. Sciotoville community.back In my day some these teams name change. They use to be called eastern Pike then there was Western Pike, then I remember there was Ross southwestern, then also is reedsville eastern, help me out some of these teams nams
still called eastern and western pike and east is the sciotoville community all soc 1 schools.

GO EAGLES

Return to “Boys Basketball”