Symmes Valley vs Waterford

H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Re: Symmes Valley vs Waterford

Post by H2O4RD »

And just for the record I think this group of players isn't the normal. They have put in a lot of work on their own. They are looked up to by the younger kids. Hopefully it breaks the cycle.

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

nice group of kids at waterford

H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Post by H2O4RD »

That's what I said the problem is with the parents. Not all..but we like to write letters. I mean what did Don Miller do? It's the parents.

Blackhawk
Waterboy

Post by Blackhawk »

I agree don Miller was a good coach and did not show favoritism but you can not take anything away from laken Adams look at what she has done.

Tomcat70
Waterboy

Post by Tomcat70 »

I did not know that Blackhawk, all I know is my experience with Simms was not good by no means.. Some people love him though so I guess it's all in your personal experience that you have had with the man

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Tomcat70 wrote:I did not know that Blackhawk, all I know is my experience with Simms was not good by no means.. Some people love him though so I guess it's all in your personal experience that you have had with the man
I just wish he would volunteer to start hiring his favorite officials for Southern home games. :mrgreen:

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

H2O4RD wrote:That's what I said the problem is with the parents. Not all..but we like to write letters. I mean what did Don Miller do? It's the parents.
I don't disagree with a lot of what you say even though the "kids today" thing is sometimes a lazy copout. Leaders also need to take accountability at times.

I won't get into personal feelings here because it isn't the place, but I will say Tomcat's experience makes perfect sense from what I know and he far from the only one to ever be treated in that manner. People can do good things and at the same time handle certain situations poorly. I don't know Tomcat, but I don't get the feeling he is just making stuff up. But again, this probably isn't the place to have brought it up.

I think there has been some underachievement, but at the same time, Waterford has won a few league titles and Simms has been voted COY by his peers (twice?), so it is difficult to argue that, especially considering Waterford's history of futility. Others may have been able to get more out of certain groups of kids, but I don't know that there has been anyone willing to take on the task that would provide the stability (at least you know what you are getting). So there's good and bad and I'm happy that they finally figured out how to beat Roger Kirkpatrick this year.

sportsfan87
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan87 »

Probably same parents who have ran off the football and baseball coach in less then 12 months so that a parent or relative can coach their kid...make sure they get the spot they want...guess this must be the way you guys are trying to make it three for three in one year.

Coach luck to Coach Simms and the players of Waterford boys basketball team tonight.

Oh btw Coach Simms and this team now hold the best regular season record in school history. Congrats on that accomplishment. Hope the success continues in the tournament.

Waterford by 10+ tonight.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

sportsfan87 wrote:
Oh btw Coach Simms and this team now hold the best regular season record in school history. Congrats on that accomplishment.
Minor point, but I am not sure that is true. I think the 81-82 team was 17-3 before winning a Sectional title and finishing 19-4. If I'm right about that, the margin is percentage points but that is still the best regular season record.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Blackhawk wrote:Have you not seen our baseball and football records and as for simm getting coach of the year anybody could of got that it's the tvc not the pic he wouldn't have got a smell in the pic and as for beating roger he has 3 ball players on the team the rest are fill ins. Did roger even have a winning record.
I was alluding to the fact that it seems like Frontier has beaten Waterford regularly despite being terrible for the last few years (I believe a couple years ago Frontier got half its 4 wins on the season against a Waterford team that probably should've won 14 or 15 games).

H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Post by H2O4RD »

This anti coach stuff is borderline insanity. Whenever you point your finger at someone else you have three pointing back at you. Id say that most teachers and coaches have made a lot of enemies if they have been around as long as Simms has. At least have the decency to wait until they are losing to complain. It is making you guys look like the girl who couldnt get a date to the prom. Enjoy the ride, dont be a hater.

H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Post by H2O4RD »

Nm
Last edited by H2O4RD on Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Stick to basketball guys stop blasting a mans character on a blog. Tom Simms is great man and I'm not going to listen to you guys come at him personally. Stick to basketball lets all be adults.

H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Post by H2O4RD »

Agree..I think I get Simms opinion on them.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

score?

H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Post by H2O4RD »

37-18 Waterford half.
Last edited by H2O4RD on Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

37-18 Waterford at Half

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thanks!

H2O4RD
Freshman Team