All Conference

Re: Wednesday 2/17 Tournament Games

Post by baseball16 »

stinkin refs!! LOL

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Falcon01 wrote:Saw a guy from woub said a kid from Meigs for hurt. He alright?
Radio said the Musser boy hurt ankle and was on bench with ice on it. Hope he'll be ready for next game

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:Washington 72
Hillsboro 37

6 fans ejected
..... because when you're down near 40 to a higher seed, well, it's the refs fault!!!

Pathetic.

I don't know for sure which fan base or any details of it. I was at the Hillsboro/Jackson game and Hillsboro fans hardly made a peep. (Though I think they only had 7 fouls called on them during the game and 2 more purposefully to force inbounds at end)....could've very well included Washington fans

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

baseball16 wrote:stinkin refs!! LOL
You suck :twisted:

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Symmes/Green?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Symmes won 81-74

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Congrats to Meigs

Would love to see a game 1 rematch

TravisHill22
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill22 »

This is 2 years in a row now that LE has failed to get out of the sectional and may be 3 years with just Ridge Young returning

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Very tough battle, I must confess, I thought it would be tough to get past LE despite us being the higher seed. You could tell the game was going to be won by the team that pretty much had the ball last. Luke Musser came up huge with the outside shots.

Looking forward to Saturday and hope we can pull off the upset.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

ma77ox wrote:Very tough battle, I must confess, I thought it would be tough to get past LE despite us being the higher seed. You could tell the game was going to be won by the team that pretty much had the ball last. Luke Musser came up huge with the outside shots.

ma77ox ... what is the extent of Musser's injury ? it didn't look like he was able to put any weight on his foot/ankle when he left the court ...

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

pfloyd wrote:
ma77ox wrote:Very tough battle, I must confess, I thought it would be tough to get past LE despite us being the higher seed. You could tell the game was going to be won by the team that pretty much had the ball last. Luke Musser came up huge with the outside shots.

ma77ox ... what is the extent of Musser's injury ? it didn't look like he was able to put any weight on his foot/ankle when he left the court ...

He told my boy on the bus that he would be playing Saturday, but that's kid to kid talk. I messaged his parents to see how he was and haven't heard back yet. He has had some ankle issues from the end of last year and a few games this year, but went and got some special braces that help out tremendously. I'd say he will play though.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Good ... He had a tremendous game for Meigs tonight... As did the whole team ... I was very impressed with the 1-3-1 defense ... It pushed LE out on the floor offensively, took away the penetration AND nullified the LE inside game of Smith while taking away the offensive boards ... Not sure they could have played D any better ... Forced LE to execute from the perimeter- they didn't going 4/21 from behind the three point line on the night ...

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Tonight was one of those nights the 1-3-1 worked...It doesn't work so much against teams like Vinton County where they have so many outside weapons...Tonight we just got to the spots quickly and it worked. Offense wasn't to impressive tonight, but that could be because they just put it in the last few days...I was really surprised that LE didn't apply more pressure on our guards. I was too into the game to keep track in my head, but I think we shot a decent percentage...We will have to be on all cylinders Saturday.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Congratulations to Meigs on the victory. Very solid team. Sheets with the game-winner and Musser had the big three whenever Meigs needed it. Lilly was also solid. Nice 1-3-1 zone defense.

Congratulations to Logan Elm and its eight seniors on a 17-6 season and a co-championship in the MSL-Buckeye.

Been tough the last couple of nights seeing both Circleville and Logan Elm going down. Enjoyed watching kids like Camp and Manson and the other seniors from Circleville, and Smith, Schultz, Saxton, Paul and the other seniors from Logan Elm.

Good luck to Fairfield Union on Saturday night. Should be a good game. Represent the MSL.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote:
Hillsboro 37

6 fans ejected
..... because when you're down near 40 to a higher seed, well, it's the refs fault!!!

Pathetic.
Fans from both teams were ejected

thecommonwealth
Riding the Bench

Post by thecommonwealth »

Ironman92 wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:
Hillsboro 37

6 fans ejected

Pathetic.
Fans from both teams were ejected

Not that it really matters but I think it was 5 fans. Two men unrelated from Hillsboro in late 3Q/early 4Q and a whole family of 3 from WCH late 4Q. Makes no sense to me why anyone on Gods green earth would argue with refs, let alone up or down 35 :shock:

Return to “Boys Basketball”