Warren vs. VC DII Sectional Championship

Whs95fan
S

Warren vs. VC DII Sectional Championship

Post by Whs95fan »

Friday's matchup in Logan Friday in what should be a dandy features two evenly matched teams fighting for the right to move on to the convo, thoughts? On a side note Warren will be going for their 9th consecutive sectional Championship.

Go Blue
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Warren vs. VC DII Sectional Championship

Post by Raider6309 »

Hall vs Bartoe should be fun to watch

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Warren is a little down
This is team VC has been waiting on
I will give edge to VC

Also a little Seoal / TVC bragging rights on the line

Is the TVC really the toughest basketball conference around or will the forgotten Seoal suprise them ??

My forcast has some cold drinks and a Radio in my future

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Should be a very good game, if healthy I expect the Big Blue to roll over the Vikings.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Will they be bringing in extra seats for this one? It could be a sell out.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

8 straight Sectional Championships says it all. Coach Maddox knows how to get his team ready to play especially at Logan. From 2011 when Austin Cunningham was breaking the Athens Bulldogs collective hearts to beating a very good Logan Elm team last year the Warriors have been dominate in Jim's Gym during the last decade Sectional play in Logan Ohio.
Coach Maddox does a fantastic job of making sure the Warriors are playing their best basketball at tourney time. In addition 5 trips in 6 years to the Convo and the SE District Championship game only add to the historic run of the Big Bad Blue under Coach Maddox.
I'm quite sure the Comb's led Vinton Co Vikings are a wonderful team. But without the benefit of TVC officials and playing at home I don't see the Vikings getting this W.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Dundas wrote:Will they be bringing in extra seats for this one? It could be a sell out.
Not sure but if presale called for it I would sure hope so. Traditionally Warren and Vinton County have always brought large crowds. Wasn't at the game last night so not sure on the crowd Warren brought though.

Go Blue
SEOALlives
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOALlives »

WarriorBlue wrote:8 straight Sectional Championships says it all. Coach Maddox knows how to get his team ready to play especially at Logan. From 2011 when Austin Cunningham was breaking the Athens Bulldogs collective hearts to beating a very good Logan Elm team last year the Warriors have been dominate in Jim's Gym during the last decade Sectional play in Logan Ohio.
Coach Maddox does a fantastic job of making sure the Warriors are playing their best basketball at tourney time. In addition 5 trips in 6 years to the Convo and the SE District Championship game only add to the historic run of the Big Bad Blue under Coach Maddox.
I'm quite sure the Comb's led Vinton Co Vikings are a wonderful team. But without the benefit of TVC officials and playing at home I don't see the Vikings getting this W.

Yea saw where Warren put another SEOAL whoopin on Athens. Has Athens ever beaten Warren? Did the coach blame the refs and chase them off the floor this time?

I look for Warren to continue the SEOAL dominance over the TVC and beat VC too. I wonder if the VC coach will chase the refs off the floor? Seems to be a TVC thing. :lol:

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

How many times has Warren made it out of districts?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'm gonna go with the Vikings in this one. This should be one heck of a game. I think I'm going to head up to watch it.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Bird Dog wrote:How many times has Warren made it out of districts?
Warren once in 2013
Vinton once in 2008

To make the regionals now you have to best D2 in our area. Used to get 2. In 2013 it was Athens and Warren. 2008 was Chillicothe and Vinton

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Warren will have no answer for Bartoe and Co,
VC by 10.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

hateraid wrote:Warren will have no answer for Bartoe and Co,
VC by 10.
If this game was in Vinton I'd say you're correct on the 10 point cushion from the refs but this one is in Logan so mark one down for the big bad blue.

Go Blue
baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Whs95fan wrote:
VC by 10.
If this game was in Vinton I'd say you're correct on the 10 point cushion from the refs but this one is in Logan so mark one down for the big bad blue.
Why does everyone always throw the Refs into it!? LOL

I have reffed vinton co. this year and I am from Oak Hill. They won by 20 and 30 both times. Was that because of me? Or was it because their players played well?

Can we give "it's the refs" a break, PLEASE! :x :lol: :roll:

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

baseball16 wrote:
Whs95fan wrote:
VC by 10.

I have reffed vinton co. this year and I am from Oak Hill. They won by 20 and 30 both times. Was that because of me? Or was it because their players played well?

Because the Refs are 39-0 this year in SEOP territory.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

baseball16 wrote:
Whs95fan wrote:
VC by 10.

Baseball, lucky for you this game is in Jim Gym's so nothing to worry about :D :D :D

Go Blue
Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

baseball16 wrote:
Whs95fan wrote:
VC by 10.

It's a crutch for fans who's teams arent really that good

SportsRule
Freshman Team

Post by SportsRule »

Go Vikings!!

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Must have been those dirty old TVC refs in Minford last week. That could be the only reason The big bad blue got destroyed right? :roll:
Did Meigs, (a team VC has beT twice by an average of 25 points) bring the refs with them when they beat you your home floor?

warriornation123
Waterboy

Post by warriornation123 »

hateraid wrote:Must have been those dirty old TVC refs in Minford last week. That could be the only reason The big bad blue got destroyed right? :roll:
Did Meigs, (a team VC has beT twice by an average of 25 points) bring the refs with them when they beat you your home floor?
hateraid:

Minford beat Warren last Saturday because they were the better team THAT NIGHT. In their first game of the season, an inexperienced Warren team with only one returning Varsity starter lost by 2 points to a more experienced Meigs team. And during the season, didn't both Meigs (17 games into their season) and VC (on their home court 15 games into the season) lose to an Athens team that Warren beat easily TWICE by an average of 27 points? So what? Pat yourself on the back and feel really good about making snarky comments about Warren in response to what others may have posted regarding refs in the TVC but believe it or not, your comments will have absolutely NO impact on how well this team will play going forward. Enjoy your sarcasm; because if you don't, I doubt anyone else will.

Return to “Boys Basketball”