Battle For TVC-Ohio Tonight!!!

ma77ox
Varsity

Battle For TVC-Ohio Tonight!!!

Post by ma77ox »

Meigs travels to Vinton County tonight in hopes to gain a share of the TVC-Ohio with Vinton County and Alexander...29 years ago was the last time Meigs had this accomplishment...Can they upset the much favored Vikings on their Home Court.

I just hope for an injury free game for both teams with tournament games this week.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Battle For TVC-Ohio Tonight!!!

Post by Dundas »

Senior night for the Vikings. Should be a fantastic atmosphere and a packed house!

SkiPopLover
Riding the Bench

Post by SkiPopLover »

VC - 65
Meigs - 50
Ready to see VC win another TVC Title!

Athens_Bulldogs
Waterboy

Post by Athens_Bulldogs »

Meigs wins 62-59, Vinton County is gonna catch a Meigs team with a lot of fire

panthers77
Riding the Bench

Post by panthers77 »

Good luck meigs

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Good luck to Coach Combs and the Vikings tonight!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Packed house. Starting lineups being announced!

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Meigs has the case of can't make a shot.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

ma77ox wrote:Meigs has the case of can't make a shot.
That's the thing with this team. When we can't hit perimeter shots, we struggle. At least one of our guys has to be on. If not, we are in trouble. Honestly, I'd like to see us go back to getting Lilly down in the post a little more with Christian running point, especially if we come out shooting cold.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I talked to Lilly after the game. Great kid! I congratulated him and a couple teammates on a great year and told them to beat LE. Maybe not in those exact words..this is a public forum though. :)

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

BlizzardMan wrote:
That's the thing with this team. When we can't hit perimeter shots, we struggle. At least one of our guys has to be on. If not, we are in trouble. Honestly, I'd like to see us go back to getting Lilly down in the post a little more with Christian running point, especially if we come out shooting cold.
Christian struggled tonight, I can tell he was trying to hard and his frustration got the best of him...We have a very finesse team and when teams are rough with us we struggle...I am glad we played this game just before going into the tournament...I think we will beat LE because of this game. Iknow that sounds odd, but rather play this kind of game instead of dominating a game like we did last night.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Dundas wrote:I talked to Lilly after the game. Great kid! I congratulated him and a couple teammates on a great year and told them to beat LE. Maybe not in those exact words..this is a public forum though. :)
Yes Lilly is a great kid, It has been a great year, never thought we would only have 4 losses in a tough TVC-Ohio....We need to toughen up our non conference games though if we want to get better. This rough game tonight should help us going into the tourney...LE was there and we honestly didn't show them too much.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

ma77ox wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:
Christian struggled tonight, I can tell he was trying to hard and his frustration got the best of him...We have a very finesse team and when teams are rough with us we struggle...I am glad we played this game just before going into the tournament...I think we will beat LE because of this game. Iknow that sounds odd, but rather play this kind of game instead of dominating a game like we did last night.
As a Unioto fan, I completely know what you're saying. Sometimes a struggle late in the year is just what you need to wake up for tournament time!

Congrats to Coach Combs and the Vikings on another TVC Title!

Kennyk
Riding the Bench

Post by Kennyk »

Meigs scored the first 5 points of this game. VC went on a 19-4 run to finish the first quarter and this game was over. Why do people say they would like to see their team play like that before the tournament when this game was for the TVC title. VC wanted it and played like it!! Had a 23 point lead at halftime and 30 in the third. Those are the types of games I want to see my team play before the tournament.
Last edited by Kennyk on Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Kennyk wrote:Meigs scored the first 5 points of this game. VC went on a 19-4 run to finish the first quarter and this game was over. Why do people say they would like to see their team play like that before the tournament when this game was for the TVC title. VC wanted it and played like it!! Had a 23 point lead at halftime and 30 in the third. Those is the type of game I want to see my team play before the tournament.
Agree Kenny, losing my 30 is always how I like to prepare for a tourney run .

Anyways congrats to VC on yet another TVC title
VC was by far the best team in the TVC this season
VC is the cream of the crop in the TVC as stated earlier with 9 titles in 12 seasons
A trend I don't see stopping in the next 2 seasons
Good luck in the tourney

Hard_Truth
Waterboy

Post by Hard_Truth »

ma77ox wrote:
Dundas wrote:I talked to Lilly after the game. Great kid! I congratulated him and a couple teammates on a great year and told them to beat LE. Maybe not in those exact words..this is a public forum though. :)
Yes Lilly is a great kid, It has been a great year, never thought we would only have 4 losses in a tough TVC-Ohio....We need to toughen up our non conference games though if we want to get better. This rough game tonight should help us going into the tourney...LE was there and we honestly didn't show them too much.
I don't think getting destroyed in the biggest game of the year by like 30 helps anyone's confidence.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Hard_Truth wrote:
ma77ox wrote:
I don't think getting destroyed in the biggest game of the year by like 30 helps anyone's confidence.
I didn't say anything about confidence, I said a physical game, and it can be a big motivator...I know if someone whips me that bad, your darn right i'm gonna be mad and want to come back out and make a statement the next game I play.

Hard_Truth
Waterboy

Post by Hard_Truth »

Kennyk wrote:Meigs scored the first 5 points of this game. VC went on a 19-4 run to finish the first quarter and this game was over. Why do people say they would like to see their team play like that before the tournament when this game was for the TVC title. VC wanted it and played like it!! Had a 23 point lead at halftime and 30 in the third. Those are the types of games I want to see my team play before the tournament.
Did Meigs come out of their zone down 20+?
Just curious.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Final score?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

jottings wrote:Final score?
Vinton 77