Minford @ Valley SOC II Championship

has_been
Waterboy

Re: Minford @ Valley SOC II Championship

Post by has_been »

Congratulations to both schools on a share of the title and an exciting game.

Both schools exhibited teamwork and sportsmanship on the court tonight. The same couldnt be said about each school's fans.

Valley posters on this site support their team through wins and losses and are supportive of other teams, including rivals.

Anyone reading this site this week has had to read the garbage coming from minford posters.
They bash the coach.
They bash the pg rowe.
They bash rowe and kelley.
They bash a KID that just came back from surgery (IMO, whoever flock 92 is should be ashamed. The sad thing is that your son is most likely shepherds teammate. And you get on the internet and bash dillon shepherd. You were probably one of the fans that congratulated dillon after the game).
They bash the starters because parents with agendas cant stand to see their kid sit the bench.
They argue over who is the 3rd best player.

Calling out or bashing a coach is fair game. Calling out or bashing a player is ignorant. Minford fans Calling out or bashing their own players shows selfish stupidity.

has_been
Waterboy

Post by has_been »

Congratulations to both schools on a share of the title and an exciting game.

Both schools exhibited teamwork and sportsmanship on the court tonight. The same couldnt be said about each school's fans.

Valley posters on this site support their team through wins and losses and are supportive of other teams, including rivals.

Anyone reading this site this week has had to read the garbage coming from minford posters.
They bash the coach.
They bash the pg rowe.
They bash a KID that just came back from surgery (IMO, whoever flock 92 is should be ashamed. The sad thing is that your son is most likely shepherds teammate. And you get on the internet and bash dillon shepherd. You were probably one of the fans that congratulated dillon after the game).
They bash the starters because parents with agendas cant stand to see their kid sit the bench.

Calling out or bashing a coach is fair game. Calling out or bashing a player is ignorant. Minford fans Calling out or bashing their own players shows selfish stupidity.

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

has_been wrote:Congratulations to both schools on a share of the title and an exciting game.

They bash the coach.
They bash the pg rowe.

Well said...I had a feeling all week that Minford would win this game and I'm an unbiased outside observer. That's the problem with society sometimes; we forget that these players are kids. They mess up, make mistakes, and won't always play their best; I wasn't there but I'm sure it was a great atmosphere. Again, thanks for the post it was spot on.

Flock_92
Freshman Team

Post by Flock_92 »

Congrats Minford and Valley on sharing the SOC 2 title. Great game played by both teams as was expected. Lots of respect for all players from both teams. Good luck in the tournament.

Flock_92
Freshman Team

Post by Flock_92 »

has_been wrote:Congratulations to both schools on a share of the title and an exciting game.

They bash the coach.
They bash the pg rowe.

OK let's iron this out a little bit. Yes I feel that we have been out coached in a couple of games. Yes I do think that Rowe and Kelley are great players. Yes I do admit that other posters on here were catapulting Shepherd to a position on the team that hasn't been earned. Yes Shepherd had a great year last year. Yes shepherd is a good player. Yes I did state who I thought was the 3rd best player on the team because another poster had overlooked a player imo. Does any of that mean I have a kid on the team or that I just have watched Minford basketball for the last several years? Yes we are just talking about kids and they will make mistakes and have good/bad games and most will never play the game beyond these high school years.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Congratulations to Coach Shoemaker, Copley and rest of the Minford staff, and ofcourse the kids! 2nd to none when it comes to class and X's and O's!! Keep doing a great job!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Ukfanatic wrote:Rolfe is the best player on the floor. Rowe may not be even the best player on his team. Of course I have only watched him twice against Waverly when Rowe hasn't been very good.
I would have to disagree. As a outsider looking in, if I had to choose between the 2 I would pick Rowe. Both are great players but I would take Rowe. JMO.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

From an outsider watching the game last night on VSN, here is my perspective.

Rowe is a gamer...period! The young man made some big plays when his team needed it and without them....the game would have had a different outcome. Rolfe is very smooth and one heck of player, but comparing them isn't really a good assessment as they both have different attributes and are both outstanding players.

I was impressed with Alley from Minford. He handled the ball pretty well and hit some big shots as well.

Spud
Riding the Bench

Post by Spud »

The referees cheated! I don't know which team they cheated, but the referees ALWAYS cheat, don't they?

White Horse
Waterboy

Post by White Horse »

Streetwise wrote:
White Horse wrote:Minford is going to have to play on a different level than they did against Burg,Oak Hill and Webster if they think they will compete tonight. Minford played a good game first time these 2 teams meet and Valley couldn't hit the ocean that night and Minford only came away at home with a 2 point win. And for the record Rolfe is imo is the best player in county ...!!![/quote

I think the Falcons rose to the ocassion. And for the undisputed record Minford did beat Valley twice this season. And that is not my opinion. It's a fact. Valley got beat twice by Minford
Valley was the only quality win that Minford has had when Minford beat's teams like portsmouth,Trimble and Fairland then we will talk

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

I would think many would consider Wheelersburg, Ironton, and Warren quality wins.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Warren is the #2 seed in the Logan D2 sectional. Not much of a quality opponent I guess?

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

I wouldn't include Wheelersburg

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

callie15 wrote:I wouldn't include Wheelersburg
The team that beat them? Makes sense.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I'm not sure why a 17-4 Burg team isn't getting much respect. Very good team...IMO.

buckcc
Freshman Team

Post by buckcc »

What's Valleys and Minford finial regular season records thanks

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Minford was 17-4
Valley was 18-3

Return to “Boys Basketball”