Re: Wednesday 2/10 Games and Updates

Post by Ironman92 »

Clarity wrote:Waverly needs a coach!
How so?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I put Valley and Portsmouth as the two top teams tonight and Burg had both of them on the ropes and couldn't come up with the knockout punch. I think Burg will be a tough team for anyone in the tourney and I don't think I would want to play them right now.

Tough loss Burg but put this one behind you and take care of Waverly on Friday and then get ready for the tourney and go out and land that knockout punch the rest of the way.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:I put Valley and Portsmouth as the two top teams tonight and Burg had both of them on the ropes and couldn't come up with the knockout punch. I think Burg will be a tough team for anyone in the tourney and I don't think I would want to play them right now.

Tough loss Burg but put this one behind you and take care of Waverly on Friday and then get ready for the tourney and go out and land that knockout punch the rest of the way.

Burg is a tough team and you are right. They will be a tough out In the tourny. A potential second round match up with Ironton will be a dandy.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Jackson 61/47 Waverly
Caldwell 55/54 Toronto OT

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Mailman wrote:@ NA 50-45 NA wins. ND down 17 at half. Missed layup with 25 sec to take lead.
North Adams had three in foul trouble end of game. Their coach pulled point guard anderson,Gingrich,andCole Meade during three and a half minute streach that allowed Notre Dame back into the game. Almost backfired. Good game.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

TheSportsGuy wrote:
SHACFan wrote:The SHAC is a tough conference, I think some of these posters on other tournament threads better be careful in predictions.
Most years, yes. This year, no it is not. Give me evidence other than 1 game comparisons. What are some of the SHAC schools out of conference records? Key wins?

The NA-ND game was where tonight?
Key win- beat Lynchburg Clay at Lynchburg, oak hill game.What were big games out of league for your team.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Clarity, The HC can't shoot the ball and play defense for them. FT shooting was way below 50%, missed at least 8 in the first half and at least 12 for the game and couldn't throw it in the ocean from the outside. Chapman picked up 2 fouls in the first minute and half of the game and had to sit. Tigers had jumped out 6-0 but everything totally changed when he had to sit. He did go back in to try to stop the bleeding and picked up his 3rd on a terrible call in which he took a charge. Tigers had 3 fouls at that point, all on Chapman. Another big man starter was out for the game so that really hurt.
Tigers were down 11 at halftime 38-27 after trailing 17 at 37-20.
Tigers cut it to 7 in the 3rd but Jackson answered and lead 49-35 at the end of 3.
Last edited by smurray on Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

Rodeo1 wrote:
TheSportsGuy wrote:
SHACFan wrote:The SHAC is a tough conference, I think some of these posters on other tournament threads better be careful in predictions.
Most years, yes. This year, no it is not. Give me evidence other than 1 game comparisons. What are some of the SHAC schools out of conference records? Key wins?

Key win- beat Lynchburg Clay at Lynchburg, oak hill game.What were big games out of league for your team.
I said out of league, Lynchburg would still be in league. For the conference collectively, I don't recall a ton of quality wins. The Oak Hill win is solid, and this win against ND is good.

My argument remains. This is/was a down year for the SHAC. Maybe they will prove me wrong in the coming weeks.

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

TheSportsGuy wrote:
Rodeo1 wrote:
TheSportsGuy wrote:

I said out of league, Lynchburg would still be in league. For the conference collectively, I don't recall a ton of quality wins. The Oak Hill win is solid, and this win against ND is good.

My argument remains. This is/was a down year for the SHAC. Maybe they will prove me wrong in the coming weeks.
Questioning big game wins for out of league. Not sure if you're an East fan that you want to open up that can of worms. East only good wins are in league play this year, don't recall big out of league win. Correct me if wrong.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

rosemount guy wrote:
TheSportsGuy wrote:
Rodeo1 wrote: Key win- beat Lynchburg Clay at Lynchburg, oak hill game.What were big games out of league for your team.

Questioning big game wins for out of league. Not sure if you're an East fan that you want to open up that can of worms. East only good wins are in league play this year, don't recall big out of league win. Correct me if wrong.
North Adams is small school shac. Regardless , I'm looking forward to some great games Love watching all the fine young cagers getting after it. Good luck to all. Have a safe tourney.

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

Rodeo1 wrote:
rosemount guy wrote:
TheSportsGuy wrote:

North Adams is small school shac. Regardless , I'm looking forward to some great games Love watching all the fine young cagers getting after it. Good luck to all. Have a safe tourney.
Same here!

SHACFan
Freshman Team

Post by SHACFan »

I think the SHAC Small Schools division was decently strong this year, I would agree that the big school division was down compared to what it has been in the past.

Jackie Moon
Riding the Bench

Post by Jackie Moon »

Rosemount Guy,
Why are you constantly bashing East? What great victory out of conference did Clay have this year? Here is the bottom line; East did what they had to do, won all their home games, well so far, and they have gone on the road and won the games they were suppose to win and stole a few that were toss up games, ie... Western and Eastern. Thus that is why they are guaranteed at least a share of the SOC.
The night that Clay beat East, Clay shot about 60% from the floor and East shot about 25%, it is high school athletics, it happens. The coaches in the Northwest Sectional thought that East was deserving of the #1 seed. Let it rest man!
Yep, East has a definite home court advantage, so what, I like to think that all teams should have a home court advantage. You can't tell me that Symmes Valley or Western doesn't have a home court advantage due to the drive and playing with more energy at home?

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

Jackie Moon wrote:Rosemount Guy,
Why are you constantly bashing East? What great victory out of conference did Clay have this year? Here is the bottom line; East did what they had to do, won all their home games, well so far, and they have gone on the road and won the games they were suppose to win and stole a few that were toss up games, ie... Western and Eastern. Thus that is why they are guaranteed at least a share of the SOC.
The night that Clay beat East, Clay shot about 60% from the floor and East shot about 25%, it is high school athletics, it happens. The coaches in the Northwest Sectional thought that East was deserving of the #1 seed. Let it rest man!
Yep, East has a definite home court advantage, so what, I like to think that all teams should have a home court advantage. You can't tell me that Symmes Valley or Western doesn't have a home court advantage due to the drive and playing with more energy at home?
Not bashing, he was questioning the SHAC team for no out of league big wins.To answer your question. Clay beat A good South Webster team, A pretty decent South Point that beat some good teams. I never brought up home court or the one seed. Just looking for answer to one simple question he was throwing at the SHAC team being weak with no out of conference big wins. As said, I would not go there.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

my eagles are 2-0 vs the shac beating peebles at their place and beating north Adams at home in a game they didn't play real good north Adams is up and down u can see they have talent I think shac is like the SVC top heavy we are 2-0 vs SVC teams too.

GO EAGLES
brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Clarity wrote:Waverly needs a coach!
I think it would be good for Waverly to make a change bring somebody in with no ties to the school a fresh system for every tiger player and fans I'd like to see piketon make a change as well I'd like to see both teams good again and at the top of their divisions.

GO EAGLES
Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

biggdowgg wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:I put Valley and Portsmouth as the two top teams tonight and Burg had both of them on the ropes and couldn't come up with the knockout punch. I think Burg will be a tough team for anyone in the tourney and I don't think I would want to play them right now.

Burg is a tough team and you are right. They will be a tough out In the tourny. A potential second round match up with Ironton will be a dandy.
I was impressed with Burg's athleticism. Holden can get to the basket and his length creates matchup advantages for Burg. I see them making a run in the tourney..
Next year they will be right with Fairland as one of the top teams in SE Ohio.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

No worries brown22, Waverly is going to be very very good for the next 3-5 years. You better get them next year if you want to beat them. JV team only lost a couple and freshman team is undefeated and loaded. 8th grade is very good as well. Travis is building a program and will be very successful in the future. No doubt you would love for us to blow it up and get someone new. Not in our best interests however.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Ukfanatic wrote:No worries brown22, Waverly is going to be very very good for the next 3-5 years. You better get them next year if you want to beat them. JV team only lost a couple and freshman team is undefeated and loaded. 8th grade is very good as well. Travis is building a program and will be very successful in the future. No doubt you would love for us to blow it up and get someone new. Not in our best interests however.
well that's great glad to hear Waverly has a great group coming up be good to see them up at the top of the soc2 again.

GO EAGLES
Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Post by Catchup13 »

brown22 wrote:
Ukfanatic wrote:No worries brown22, Waverly is going to be very very good for the next 3-5 years. You better get them next year if you want to beat them. JV team only lost a couple and freshman team is undefeated and loaded. 8th grade is very good as well. Travis is building a program and will be very successful in the future. No doubt you would love for us to blow it up and get someone new. Not in our best interests however.
well that's great glad to hear Waverly has a great group coming up be good to see them up at the top of the soc2 again.
I believe that Jackson often plays with a freshman and 4 sophomores on the varsity level. Jackson has had a rough go of it lately. But truth is, this wasn't much of an upset. Jackson has 6 losses to teams that are better than any team on Waverly's schedule. If Jackson were to play Waverly's schedule, they would have a similar record or better. If you get upset and think I'm crazy, have Waverly AD put Unioto, Vinton Co, Warren and Athens on the schedule, then call me after those games. Most teams in SEO would be 0-6 in those games.

Return to “Boys Basketball”