Cinderalla teams Div 3 to Convo

mrwonderful
Varsity

Cinderalla teams Div 3 to Convo

Post by mrwonderful »

Ironton South Point or Minford out of the Jackson Bracket.......... Zane trace Westfall or Portsmouth out of the Waverly Bracket......... 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Cinderalla teams Div 3 to Convo

Post by bbjunky81 »

mrwonderful wrote:Ironton South Point or Minford out of the Jackson Bracket.......... Zane trace Westfall or Portsmouth out of the Waverly Bracket......... 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

How is Minford, Westfall, or Portsmouth considered "Cinderella's"?

They are all very good teams and should make the Convo.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Yeah, Westfall and Portsmouth will be the favorites in their respective pods.

Look out for Paint Valley. They are a matchup problem for whomever they face and if they can knock down the 3 ball, watch out!

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

well I guess I messed this up...lol

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Well it's not my fault I screwed this up...It's the refs fault!!! plus I was beaten as a child!!!

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

You're right bjjunky those 3 are really good teams and not really Cinderalla's

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Piketon, Zane Trace, Oak Hill, North Adams, Eastern Brown could all shake things up by making a sneaky run to the Convo. (Not saying they all will, but would be very shocked if 1 or 2 of these teams do not make it, going to be very interesting tournament)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

bbjunky81 wrote:
mrwonderful wrote:Ironton South Point or Minford out of the Jackson Bracket.......... Zane trace Westfall or Portsmouth out of the Waverly Bracket......... 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Minford will have to get past Alexander, who already beat the Falcons once this year.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

93Bulldog wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:

Minford will have to get past Alexander, who already beat the Falcons once this year.
I understand that.... But Minford is one of the top 3-4 teams in D3 district from a talent perspective, they've just had some let downs. I can't call them a "Cinderella" solely because they've underachieved.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Spud
Riding the Bench

Post by Spud »

Eastern Brown is not a very good team, but, they have a great coach. I wouldn't be surprised at anything.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Piketon up 2 and loses on a 30 footer banked in at the buzzer.

Greenbobcats3
Waterboy

Post by Greenbobcats3 »

Don't count out them green bobcats :mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I would say that these Cinderella teams have a chance to make the trip to Basketball Thirty - would it be a surprise ? absolutely as they would need to have taken down an "on paper" favored team to earn their "golden ticket" :

Either Paint Valley or Eastern Brown would be a Cinderella appearance in the Convo as they would have to 1) get by each other 2) more than likely get by Portsmouth to earn their ticket ... Paint Valley has Dylan Swingle inside (6-8+) with his double/double game and Anthony McFadden's streaky outside shooting ... should PV get by EB the size inside could get them to the Convo with a one game win over Portsmouth ... Eastern Brown is your on court definition of TEAM (TJ Stivers/Marcus Day/ Nick Kelch/ Heath Unger/Mickey Hundley/Austin Doss/Charles Bellamy/Blake Rigdon) ...no stars but a collection of good high school basketball players who are coached by one of the best in the business in Coach Beucler ... it will be a difficult task to beat the size of PV to get to a game with Portsmouth that would give them a chance to get to the Convo BUT if they do survive the PV "big man" ... they will be all PHS can handle (PHS beat EB by 8 ... 64-56 in their midseason matchup) in the "play in game" to the Convo trip ...

Oak Hill ... the Oaks have Coach Persin at the helm - need I say more ? , they already eliminated South Point (which I had as a surprise winner in their matchup on paper) ... now the Oak Hill gang needs to get by a loaded Fairland team ... when you have Coach Persin courtside with his towel - a win over the Dragons would be a BIG surprise but not out of the question ... a win would make them a Cinderella story though in my book ...

Southeastern ... Coach Cox already guided the Panthers over the first hurdle with a W over Zane Trace in round 1 of the Waverly sectional ... Rd 2 has Southeastern taking on Lucasville Valley ... Valley IS a top 5 team Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line BUT they lost to Minford this past weekend while SE has won their last 2 outings (a double OT win over McClain to end the regular season , then last night's win over Zane Trace) throw in that they played the SEOhio #1 team Unioto to a very close 66-63 loss ... lots of confidence on the SE side of the court right now - seniors Justin Dye/Austin Kohn/Tyler Carroll would like nothing better than to make the trip to A'town ... would a Southeastern W be an upset ? absolutely BUT this IS the high school hoops one & done season ... no one gets style points , the goal is to survive and advance ... Southeastern definitely has an opportunity to move on to Basketball Thirty imo ...

... imo those are the teams that have a legitimate chance at Cinderella status/underdogs BUT good enough to win their way to the Convo as well ...

HoopsGenius
Waterboy

Post by HoopsGenius »

Minford won the SOC and just thumped Warren. Nothing they do would surprise me in the tourney!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Chillicothe?

They are a 5 seed and just beat Unioto. Brutal schedule

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chillicothe is D2 ... this thread is asking about D3 teams ...

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

pfloyd wrote:Chillicothe is D2 ... this thread is asking about D3 teams ...
I didn't even see that lol

Return to “Boys Basketball”