TOURNAMENT DRAW SUNDAY!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: TOURNAMENT DRAW SUNDAY!

Post by Raider6309 »

RebelZone wrote:Anyone have the D4 bracket yet?

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Falcon01 wrote:Central district had a writer in the meeting. Real time info, that was fun to follow. Wish the SE was like that. Would be fun on here.
There is no meeting because seeding was done on line. And radio has been at seed meetings last several years

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Pol pot wrote:
Falcon01 wrote:Central district had a writer in the meeting. Real time info, that was fun to follow. Wish the SE was like that. Would be fun on here.
There is no meeting because seeding was done on line. And radio has been at seed meetings last several years
Yes I realize this... doesn't change that it was fun to follow and the online seeding is stupid.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Do the coaches get a printout as to who voted how in the seedings ???

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

pfloyd wrote:Do the coaches get a printout as to who voted how in the seedings ???

It's online for the coaches to see. Once the draw is out, you see who voted for who.

IndianChop
Riding the Bench

Post by IndianChop »

So who is clay ??? Lynchburg Clay ?

IndianChop
Riding the Bench

Post by IndianChop »

Never mind lol

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

IndianChop wrote:So who is clay ??? Lynchburg Clay ?
Portsmouth Clay. Between lucusville and Portsmouth.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Falcon01 wrote:
Pol pot wrote:
Yes I realize this... doesn't change that it was fun to follow and the online seeding is stupid.

On-line seeding is done in all the other districts.

And the hold up of a super sectional like some other Districts is the emerge travel that could happen in this very large District.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

ma77ox wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Glad to see head to head means nothing. I thought the #4 seed beat the #2 seed at their place. I guessed I dreamed that

Yah and Athens beat Meigs, so does that mean that Athens is above Warren? Oh wait, Warren won that. You can't play that. I told you guys this would go like this.
All bandit wants to do is run his mouth....He isn't ready to accept Warrens dominate days are OVER. They won't make it to the Convo, They will get knocked out of the tourney by another TVC-Ohio team!!! So This season it will be TVC-Ohio 3 Warren 1.

I guess we shall just have to wait and see, funny, Meigs win a couple games for the first time in a decade (in a sport besides baseball, always solid in baseball), and a couple people get all full of themselves.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

93Bulldog wrote:
Falcon01 wrote:I hate all of you who get to watch the Logan sectional, not really. I wish there was a way to stream the game so I could watch them. Even worse is the fact that Logan gym has terrible cell phone reception so there will probably be no updates during the games. Definitely not cool
You will be able to stream if FU plays Marietta. 100.9 out of Marietta will have it on.

If you win and Meigs beats LE ... that game will stream via 92.1 or 103.7 out of Pomeroy.
Hey!

:x :x :x :x

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Pol pot wrote:
Falcon01 wrote:
Pol pot wrote:

And the hold up of a super sectional like some other Districts is the emerge travel that could happen in this very large District.
No offense, but that excuse is old and really a cop out.

Keep the neutral sites, like SE, Logan, Athens, Waverly, etc. Place the games at the best site.

For example, SE could host Logan Elm vs. Waverly and Washington Court House vs. Vinton County. Jackson could host Hillsboro vs. Marietta and Westfall vs. River Valley and on down the line.

Also, this is already done in other sports. Two years ago we had South Point travel to Circleville for a girls soccer sectional game. Keeping the neutral sites will keep travel manageable.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

bman wrote:
Pol pot wrote:
Falcon01 wrote:

No offense, but that excuse is old and really a cop out.

Keep the neutral sites, like SE, Logan, Athens, Waverly, etc. Place the games at the best site.

For example, SE could host Logan Elm vs. Waverly and Washington Court House vs. Vinton County. Jackson could host Hillsboro vs. Marietta and Westfall vs. River Valley and on down the line.

Also, this is already done in other sports. Two years ago we had South Point travel to Circleville for a girls soccer sectional game. Keeping the neutral sites will keep travel manageable.

There are a few more logistics to have than in the girls soccer tournament where you have 20 teams total, this has been quizzed and looked into and is being worked though, it's just not ready at this time. And the Super sectional has home games to the highest seeds, not a plethora of games at 4 different sites, where do you draw a line in who gets to host Minford v Burg and Burg gets that Home Court advantage, but on the other side it's Alexander v Eastern Brown and it goes to Waverly because it's over 100 miles, you don't think there would be hell raised over that? Minford mad because Burg is getting an advantage and Eastern Brown is mad because they are not getting an advantage of being the higher seed. No worries though, when this happens, there will be plenty on here stating how silly that is. Just like the online voting, a lot clamor end for it, now that it's here just troll the threads and take count of how many do not like it.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Pol pot wrote:
Falcon01 wrote:
Pol pot wrote:

How do they do online voting in the districts where you pick where you want to be on the bracket? I'd think that would be impossible?

4out1in
Waterboy

Post by 4out1in »

Any chance someone from sedab might get the brackets up on the OHSAA site? Little slow this year. Districts around the state that don't start for 2 weeks are up already.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

4out1in wrote:Any chance someone from sedab might get the brackets up on the OHSAA site? Little slow this year. Districts around the state that don't start for 2 weeks are up already.
They do not control that website,

Seodab.org

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

93Bulldog wrote:
Pol pot wrote:
Falcon01 wrote:

How do they do online voting in the districts where you pick where you want to be on the bracket? I'd think that would be impossible?

The online voting is done the exact same way, they just have more teams to vote on.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm still a bit confused, if you get to pick where you want to be on the bracket, how can you vote from your computer? I guess you can vote online for the seeding or picking order, but after that, you'd have to be all together before filling out the bracket.

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

I still don't get why all the other districts do the seeding so that teams can pick where they want to go. Why not keep it like the Southeast or NCAA tournament styles where it's a normal tournament?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

93Bulldog wrote:I'm still a bit confused, if you get to pick where you want to be on the bracket, how can you vote from your computer? I guess you can vote online for the seeding or picking order, but after that, you'd have to be all together before filling out the bracket.
With the open draw in the Central District, voting is done on-line and the coach is given a print out on that Sunday with his seed and who voted for who. The meeting in the Central District on Sunday is for coaches to place their respective teams on the bracket.

Return to “Boys Basketball”