Wheelersburg @ Valley 2/8 SOC Title on the line

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Wheelersburg @ Valley 2/8 SOC Title on the line

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Where's the Parents and what are they doing about the kids behavior is what I want to know??

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

The sad reality is what's being said. If he was short and no talent is there any doubt he'd be gone? It's just one of those "but can you help ME?" situations.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

You're 100% correct burgpirater..... And I was wondering the same thing ohbuckeye2.....

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Good HS basketball game. Valley needs to figure out how to close out a basketball Game. The Pirates never quit. Kept it interesting to the very end. Congrats on SOC.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

rxburgfan wrote:Good HS basketball game. Valley needs to figure out how to close out a basketball Game. The Pirates never quit. Kept it interesting to the very end. Congrats on SOC.
Valley is 18-2, have clinched at least a share of the league title, and are a #1 seed. They gave up a lead last night, but they closed out the game and won. Their two losses they trailed by double figures in the 4th quarter, but had shots to win and tie at the horn in each.

markymark1969
Freshman Team

Post by markymark1969 »

How did this turn into a thread on one kid? The game was great. Both teams played well at times. Give Wheelersburg credit for battling back to have a chance to win and also credit to Valley for doing what they had to do. Rolfe is a tremendous player, Romanello played outstanding and Valley shot the three-pointer extremely well. As far as Lotspeich is concerned, it's real easy for us to spout off about somebody else, hiding behind a username - a word to the wise: be careful how you plow somebody's else field, because your field could be plowed someday.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Valley hit a 3 at the buzzer at the end of the first 3 quarters, that turned out to be a big 9 points.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

biggdowgg wrote:Valley hit a 3 at the buzzer at the end of the first 3 quarters, that turned out to be a big 9 points.
Yeah and two of those were banked in.

Burg proved they can play with just about anyone.

Saw someone complaining about the Burgs last shot and why they shot it with 5 seconds left. I liked the shot and I'm guessing it was shot when it was so that Burg could crash the boards, which the other 4 did and they just didn't get the bounce. The ball fell straight to the floor which then a Valley player grabbed.

Great game by two great teams who could possibly meet again. I'm not sure Valley would want to play them a third time.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Awesome game by two very good teams. I'd say it was a good tune-up before the dance. The Burg seems to have righted their ship after they got their basketball legs.

Personally, I'd never give up on a kid! Maybe the coach has more information about his individual players than those on a chat site. Perhaps he has a plausible reason for nurturing this kid. Most assuredly, it isn't anyone's business but the coach and administration as to why he continues to play. A chat site isn't the place to beat down a kid that may be suffering from other issues. Just my opinion. I can't recall a time where burg fans threw one of their own under the bus. That's very unusual.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:Valley hit a 3 at the buzzer at the end of the first 3 quarters, that turned out to be a big 9 points.
Yeah and two of those were banked in.

Burg proved they can play with just about anyone.

Saw someone complaining about the Burgs last shot and why they shot it with 5 seconds left. I liked the shot and I'm guessing it was shot when it was so that Burg could crash the boards, which the other 4 did and they just didn't get the bounce. The ball fell straight to the floor which then a Valley player grabbed.

Great game by two great teams who could possibly meet again. I'm not sure Valley would want to play them a third time.

Yep two was banked in ,I have seen more bank threes this year then ever , burg also had a bank 3 ,we was joking about it in the rafters ,said valley was one up on bank 3s lol.

DirtyBalls1
Waterboy

Post by DirtyBalls1 »

Great game by both teams, real nail biting stuff!
This thread has in a way pointed out one individual in a bashful way. I have close ties with the Lotspeich/Romanello family and watched Austin grow up from birth. This kid has been through more adversity than some of you will ever experience in a lifetime. It's obvious he needs an attitude adjustment and some growing up but who didn't at 16? Bashing him on SEOPS is about as immature as you say he is.

123xxx
Freshman Team

Post by 123xxx »

Very surprised to hear the game come down to the final possession. Valley is a senior laden team that has experienced a lot of recent basketball success, where Wheelersburg is very young. Would have thought Valley by 10-14, Wheelersburg must be playing very well. Looks like the tournament for both could be a successful one. However, D3 is very good. A lot like NCAA, not that one dominant team, but a lot of depth in terms of winning records. It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out. I look for a few "cinderellas" if you will!

Return to “Boys Basketball”