Notre Dame @ Eastern Pike 2/12

beaverlover
SE

Notre Dame @ Eastern Pike 2/12

Post by beaverlover »

Another good Soc 1 matchup at The Nest on Friday..ND comes in playing very well, they got a very impressive win at Clay and held on to beat a much improved Symmes Valley team.
Eastern coming off a tough county rivalry loss to Western that pretty much took them out of Soc race..hoping they can bounce back strong as they have NDame Friday then another tough test Saturday vs Clay.

GO EAGLES!!!

asb
Freshman Team

Re: Notre Dame @ Eastern Pike 2/12

Post by asb »

I'm taking Eastern at home by 2

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

The Eagles will be prepared to defend the nest and notch a victory.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

the eagles are gonna have to come out with some fire which I havnt seen from this team in a few games we havnt played real well I'm hoping all that changes starting with this game. all of us eagles fans have watched this team and we all know how good this team can be we got some good players we need to find our game changer the guy we turn to who takes our offense over when we need him too we have this type of player I know we do. not sure if maybe our offensive sets keeps this guy from being a factor or what but I know we have the talent for a guy like this we have had guys in the 20s but we need a guy who can drop 30 or more when we need them too we have always had a scorer like this and have kids on this team who can do it. I think we beat ND by 8 I just hope we start playing good ball from this game on I think we get a sectional championship in barricks 1st year I just want to make an impact at the convo and I know we have the talent to do it.

GO EAGLES
Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Last game was a 3 point win at ND. Looking for another hard fought game that goes down to wire!! These two always seem to play with a little more energy when playing each other. Can't wait!

dls
Waterboy

Post by dls »

I think it will be ND by 6.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

I like DLS' prediction. I think ND comes in with something to prove and caps off a great season with a win. As mailman stated, these two teams seem to feed off the energy that this game brings and the last 5-6-7... meetings have all been within 3-4 points. Two great coaches will have both teams ready to go.
Last edited by js7_22 on Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

we are finally having school today so we get to watch basketball tonight I'm still taking the eagles by 8 I'm sure coach barrick will have the boys ready to go. congratulations to coach mader from ND seen where he picked up his 100th win.

GO EAGLES
Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

ND may come in a little more fired up after a terrible first half in a loss to North Adams. I'm sure the Titans would love to go into the tournament with a big win at Eastern instead of losing two in a row. Should be a great game!!

eagle country
Freshman Team

Post by eagle country »

Be another great game at nest tonight ND coming in off a tough loss to north Adams 1st half they played awful 2ND half I believe they held north Adams to 14 pts Eagles coming off a tough one in latham last Friday maybe a week off they will come ready to play
Last game with these two I hit score correct see if I can again
Eastern 52
N.Dame 50

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Titans beat Eastern 44-41. Titans battled with foul trouble the entire game. I believe 3 guys had 4 fouls for 5-6 minutes in the 4th and didn't foul out.

eagle country
Freshman Team

Post by eagle country »

Well once again eagles didn't show up offensively I understand defense wins championships but you have to have a little offense to go with it eagles have fell off over last 3 weeks hope coach barrick figures out an offense for the eagles before the tourney starts otherwise they will be in the bleachers at convo

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

A good man to man defense hurts Eastern. It doesn't allow their shooters to get a good look they need. For the first time in a long time, Eastern did not have a single 3 point shot made in a game vs Notre Dame that I can remember. I'll credit the ND guards that covered 23 and 22, they didn't make any shot easy. Fouls were an issue for ND, somewhere around 19-4 at one point.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

At the half Eastern had 19 points. 15 came from free throws. They had 2 made shots the entire first half. Amazing!!

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

js7_22 wrote:A good man to man defense hurts Eastern. It doesn't allow their shooters to get a good look they need. For the first time in a long time, Eastern did not have a single 3 point shot made in a game vs Notre Dame that I can remember. I'll credit the ND guards that covered 23 and 22, they didn't make any shot easy. Fouls were an issue for ND, somewhere around 19-4 at one point.
Fouls 19/4 and ND still won?

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Congrats to ND on a good win, they have a really good team and are well coached .
For eastern , to say our offense is struggling , would b a massive understatement , eastern has scored 58 points in the last 6 quarters , and I would say we have hit 20-25 foul shots during that span, eastern is playing with no energy, passion or sense of urgency, our boys look to me like they are just going through the motions, I am not sure what the problems are , but if they don't improve offensively , it will b a quick exit from the tourney, but tomorrow is another day, and eastern has a really good clay team coming into the nest for senior night , I hope coach barrick and the boys can regroup and b ready to play tomorrow night .

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

asb wrote:
js7_22 wrote:A good man to man defense hurts Eastern. It doesn't allow their shooters to get a good look they need. For the first time in a long time, Eastern did not have a single 3 point shot made in a game vs Notre Dame that I can remember. I'll credit the ND guards that covered 23 and 22, they didn't make any shot easy. Fouls were an issue for ND, somewhere around 19-4 at one point.
Fouls 19/4 and ND still won?
Yeah lol, it was 12-3 in fouls at half (all 6 of ND's players had 2 fouls each). ND ended up with 3 players with 4 fouls playing the last 5-6 minutes of the game and somehow didn't foul out a single person. Eastern didn't hit a single 3 the entire night. They called timeout with 9 seconds remaining and couldn't get a decent 3 off to try and tie the game. Just from my perspective, Eastern does not screen very well, or ND did a great job fighting through them.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

44-41 let's call it a defensive battle neither team looked good on the offensive side. eastern don't look like they even get fired up to play basketball anymore not sure what is going on but we need to snap out of it before we finish the season with 4 straight losses and sitting in the stands at the convo. we got clay tomorrow night so I hope the eagles get rolling. nice to see 6'5 sophomore dalton Tomlinson back and ready to play was hoping he would get some mins we need a steady post man.

GO EAGLES
Beaver92
Waterboy

Post by Beaver92 »

Looks like that change that everybody wanted isn't workin to good right now. Imo coach Fitch would have the boys playing better then they are right now!

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

Really Eagle92 COME ON MAN? I'll take the Coach we got sitting on our sideline any day. For only returning 1 starter from last years team I think he's done a hell of a job! I guarantee when them boys hit the floor down in Northwest they will be ready to play some basketball!

Return to “Boys Basketball”