Monroe Central (9-8) @ Caldwell (14-4) 2/5/16

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Monroe Central (9-8) @ Caldwell (14-4) 2/5/16

Post by J_Manziel2 »

PVC Title on the line in Caldwell. Who's everyone got? Caldwell handled Monroe Central easily early in the year but I'm guessing this will be a good close game. I will take Caldwell 68-60 as the Skins clinch the title

redskinwitness
Varsity

Re: Monroe Central (9-8) @ Caldwell (14-4) 2/5/16

Post by redskinwitness »

Caldwell beat them soundly in Woodsfield but that was early. Monroe is one of those teams that are dangerous and hard to figure out. They lose to a really bad Barnesville team and then go to Fort and get a win. The way they play with all the threes they shoot makes them scary. If they are hitting shots they can beat anyone on a given night, if they aren't then they can lost to anyone. Caldwell has defended pretty well all year. Looked back over their scores and they've only allowed 2 teams to reach 60 points against them, a win over Marietta and a loss at Warren. I know Caldwell only has one league title in their history, someone told me it was in the 1970's, is that true?

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

redskinwitness wrote:Caldwell beat them soundly in Woodsfield but that was early. Monroe is one of those teams that are dangerous and hard to figure out. They lose to a really bad Barnesville team and then go to Fort and get a win. The way they play with all the threes they shoot makes them scary. If they are hitting shots they can beat anyone on a given night, if they aren't then they can lost to anyone. Caldwell has defended pretty well all year. Looked back over their scores and they've only allowed 2 teams to reach 60 points against them, a win over Marietta and a loss at Warren. I know Caldwell only has one league title in their history, someone told me it was in the 1970's, is that true?
Heard 1977 was the only time at old Nole McFarland's Barbershop last week but could be wrong. I would imagine that the crowd Friday will be rocking with everything on the line

sbam
Waterboy

Post by sbam »

REDSKINS PVC CHAMPS!

Return to “Boys Basketball”