TUESDAY SCORES & UPDATES - 2/2

enigmaax
All State

Re: TUESDAY SCORES & UPDATES - 2/2

Post by enigmaax »

Rebel Mafia wrote:
osumufan wrote:
Rebel Mafia wrote: Yes we're going down this road. Refs need to be paid after their performance. They should be scored by the state board and then paid after they see how they did. They would've owed money last night. I know people don't want to hear about the refs but that was truly horrible. Those refs had South Point shirts on under those stripes.

Not one of those refs were from South Point, actually I have only seen one of the 3 ever do a game at SP. Whining after a loss is just childish. Come on grow up!
No not childish just letting people know facts. Clearly you're a SP fan and if that wasn't a bad called game then you don't know basketball and you should be on a sports forum. They called kick ball on the offense. There's no such thing lol. People can dribble off their feet and get the ball back.
I don't think "facts" means what you think it means.

Rebel Mafia
Waterboy

Post by Rebel Mafia »

enigmaax wrote:
Rebel Mafia wrote:
osumufan wrote:

Not one of those refs were from South Point, actually I have only seen one of the 3 ever do a game at SP. Whining after a loss is just childish. Come on grow up!
No not childish just letting people know facts. Clearly you're a SP fan and if that wasn't a bad called game then you don't know basketball and you should be on a sports forum. They called kick ball on the offense. There's no such thing lol. People can dribble off their feet and get the ball back.
I don't think "facts" means what you think it means.
Oh no I know what facts mean. There is no way you could despute that the refs were horrible. It's simple or I can keep spelling it out for whoever needs me to. THE REFS IN THE SOUTH POINT VS. SOUTH GALLIA GAME WERE HORRIBLE PERIOD.

Use to be Rebels on 3 but my name was stolen so from here on out I'll go by Rebel Mafia!!!!
Rebel Mafia
Waterboy

Post by Rebel Mafia »

If you call kick ball on the offense then you don't know the rules to a basketball game nor do you need to be a ref for a basketball game.

Use to be Rebels on 3 but my name was stolen so from here on out I'll go by Rebel Mafia!!!!
enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Rebel Mafia wrote:If you call kick ball on the offense then you don't know the rules to a basketball game nor do you need to be a ref for a basketball game.
Oh man, the dreaded "15 point kick." Hate when that happens.

Rebel Mafia
Waterboy

Post by Rebel Mafia »

enigmaax wrote:
Rebel Mafia wrote:If you call kick ball on the offense then you don't know the rules to a basketball game nor do you need to be a ref for a basketball game.
Oh man, the dreaded "15 point kick." Hate when that happens.
Oh man the guy that never played basketball but post about things he doesn't know, I hate when that happens. There was the offensive kick ball, or maybe it was the guard for South Point carrying all night then they call him for it about 5 times with 4 minutes left like he hadn't been doing it all night. Or maybe it was the mutiple over the backs the just seemed to be missed. Like I said before if you can honestly say that game was poorly called then you clearly DO NOT know the game of basketball so you should just do everyone a favor and not comment anymore.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Not that I (anybody) took you seriously anyway, but your crying about "over the backs" tells everyone what they need to know considering that isn't even a real foul.

To help you out a little: http://www.infosports.com/basketball/arch/2287.htm

Hash tag FACTS

Rebel Mafia
Waterboy

Post by Rebel Mafia »

enigmaax wrote:Not that I (anybody) took you seriously anyway, but your crying about "over the backs" tells everyone what they need to know considering that isn't even a real foul.

To help you out a little: http://www.infosports.com/basketball/arch/2287.htm

Hash tag FACTS
Funny you have to google something to get an answer. What game have you ever been to that over the back hasn't been called? It's a foul in every leave of basketball that's rinky dink. Or you can go the the other topic that was just posted about how bad the refs were. So google how to delete your account and do us all a favor.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Didn't have to Google it for my own knowledge. I found and posted the link so you could inform yourself, you know, supporting my facts. I have NEVER seen "over the back" called in a high school basketball game and neither have you because "over the back" isn't a rule. I'm sorry that you misunderstand the rules of basketball to this extent. Knowing that you want a completely made up foul called and that you willingly expose your lack of knowledge to this extent, I doubt you will convince anyone that the rest of your opinion has any merit. Anyway, I'm done, your team lost and all the whining in the world isn't going to change it.

Rebel Mafia
Waterboy

Post by Rebel Mafia »

enigmaax wrote:Didn't have to Google it for my own knowledge. I found and posted the link so you could inform yourself, you know, supporting my facts. I have NEVER seen "over the back" called in a high school basketball game and neither have you because "over the back" isn't a rule. I'm sorry that you misunderstand the rules of basketball to this extent. Knowing that you want a completely made up foul called and that you willingly expose your lack of knowledge to this extent, I doubt you will convince anyone that the rest of your opinion has any merit. Anyway, I'm done, your team lost and all the whining in the world isn't going to change it.
If the offensive player is boxing out and goes for a rebound and the defensive player jumps up over the offensive players back and creates contact with the offensive player it is called a foul in every level of basketball other than at south point games. Its called as a body control foul. That is a fact. Over the back is just a common used name for that foul. Like I said before clearly you never played or you would know that it is a foul.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

lol I needed a good laugh today!

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

There is NO such foul as "over the back". Quit making up your own rules, which then gives you the narrative to say you got cheated

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

New theme song and fight song for S. Gallia DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA!!!! lol

NeutralField
Waterboy

Post by NeutralField »

SG Fans, SG has a good thing going, don't put all your chips into one pot because of one game. You got the rest of the season and hopefully a Hocking Championship to fight for, people can say what they want about the TVC but your in contention for a league title and 80% of the teams in Southeastern Ohio are not. Put the emotion of this loss and use it in making sure no other team ( or ref) has the opportunity to change the outcome of the game. Moral of the story don't let one game define your season.

Galliaguy
Riding the Bench

Post by Galliaguy »

Rebels move on!! There is a bigger fish in our pot coming Sat. night!!! WE have a great chance of winning the league....soooo focus!! play hard!!

SEOALlives
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOALlives »

thebarlowbandit wrote:There is NO such foul as "over the back". Quit making up your own rules, which then gives you the narrative to say you got cheated
I think he meant to say "over and back."

I'm Right
Waterboy

Post by I'm Right »

enigmaax wrote:Didn't have to Google it for my own knowledge. I found and posted the link so you could inform yourself, you know, supporting my facts. I have NEVER seen "over the back" called in a high school basketball game and neither have you because "over the back" isn't a rule. I'm sorry that you misunderstand the rules of basketball to this extent. Knowing that you want a completely made up foul called and that you willingly expose your lack of knowledge to this extent, I doubt you will convince anyone that the rest of your opinion has any merit. Anyway, I'm done, your team lost and all the whining in the world isn't going to change it.
So I've always just read post and never said anything on this site but as I was reading this I just had to say something. I have been a ref for many years now and no it isn't called over the back in high school basketball but yes it is most definitely a foul. Where some of you guys say it's not I don't understand. Anytime on a rebound if the player with he disadvantage jumps over and makes contact with the player with the advantage it is called a foul. Some people say over the back but like I said that not the term used but it is most definitely a foul. Simple basketball knowledge.

I'm Right
Waterboy

Post by I'm Right »

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_UPD_Xj0HDg
Simple video so show a "over the back" foul.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

I'm Right wrote:
So I've always just read post and never said anything on this site but as I was reading this I just had to say something. I have been a ref for many years now and no it isn't called over the back in high school basketball but yes it is most definitely a foul. Where some of you guys say it's not I don't understand. Anytime on a rebound if the player with he disadvantage jumps over and makes contact with the player with the advantage it is called a foul. Some people say over the back but like I said that not the term used but it is most definitely a foul. Simple basketball knowledge.
Did you notice that you said "makes contact"? Also, tell me about the part where the player must be displaced and the name of that foul.

You admit that "over the back" is not a foul but then say "it most definitely is a foul." Have you, as a referee EVER walked over to a scorer's table and called "over the back"? If so, why did you call a foul that isn't in the rule book?

Return to “Boys Basketball”