Minford Basketball

bluedude62
Varsity

Re: Minford Basketball

Post by bluedude62 »

Minford beat Crooksville last night 75-60.. Scoring was spread out between 6 players. Rowe 13, Gullet 12, Dalton 11, Shepherd 15, Kelly 12, and Alley 8.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Kelley had 16. As I said on another thread, great balanced scoring. Kelley with 4 three pointers and Gullett with 3.

bluedude62
Varsity

Post by bluedude62 »

Box Score

Crooksville 12 20 12 16 — 60

Minford 12 18 18 27 — 75

Individual Statistics

Crooksville — French 2-1-5, Landon 3-5-11, Dustin 2-0-4, Tamnen 12-5-32, Eric 2-3-8.

Minford — Rowe 5-3-13, Gullett 4-1-12, Dalton 3-5-11, Shepherd 7-1-15, Kelley 6-0-12, Alley 2-4-8

Three-point field goals — Crooksville 4 (Tamnen 3, Eric); Minford 7 (Gullett 3, Kelley 4).

Records — Crooksville N/A; Minford 16-4

Portsmouth Times is wrong again...

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

bluedude62 wrote:Box Score

Crooksville 12 20 12 16 — 60

Minford 12 18 18 27 — 75

Individual Statistics

Crooksville — French 2-1-5, Landon 3-5-11, Dustin 2-0-4, Tamnen 12-5-32, Eric 2-3-8.

Minford — Rowe 5-3-13, Gullett 4-1-12, Dalton 3-5-11, Shepherd 7-1-15, Kelley 6-0-12, Alley 2-4-8

Three-point field goals — Crooksville 4 (Tamnen 3, Eric); Minford 7 (Gullett 3, Kelley 4).

Records — Crooksville N/A; Minford 16-4

Portsmouth Times is wrong again...
Imagine that!

They proofread the grammar but not the math!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Minford takes on Alexander for a trip to Athens tonight. Good luck to Coach Shoe and the Falcons!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

It's a good thing Minford came from behind at Valley to secure a piece of the SOC, otherwise this REALLY would have been labeled a disappointing season.

Alexander was clearly the more disciplined team. Better players talent wise? No. Better discipline? Clearly.

I'm only saying this because I recall a Minford poster saying "oh we were D2 the last two years, we'll make more noise in D3!"

Well, not quite.

Congrats to Minford on a share of the SOC.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
JustListenHere
Waterboy

Post by JustListenHere »

[quote="bbjunky81"]It's a good thing Minford came from behind at Valley to secure a piece of the SOC, otherwise this REALLY would have been labeled a disappointing season.

Alexander was clearly the more disciplined team. Better players talent wise? No. Better discipline? Clearly.

I'm only saying this because I recall a Minford poster saying "oh we were D2 the last two years, we'll make more noise in D3!"

Well, not quite.

Congrats to Minford on a share of the SOC.[/quo

Hey bbjunky,

You're an a**!
These kids just lost their season. The least you could do is keep your mouth shut until tomorrow! These kids have played their hearts out, some of them for the last four years and they are upset. So instead of being a spineless coward sitting behind a keyboard why don't you give it a rest!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Why in the world would they log on to SEOPS after their season just ended? That's the craziest thing I've ever heard.

I said nothing negative about the kids.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

That's probably a parent response. Bball even said the falcons had better players. He was frustrated, I'm sure. Great season minford. D3 is tough this year.

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

Congratulations on a nice season . So many of these kids now play basketball year round, with the AAU and open gyms. They spend a lot of time doing something they enjoy. Sure this is the last chapter for many and others will start a new one. These high school coaches go into the locker room with these kids after that last game and always ask themselves if there was more they could have done, as they look at the tears in their eyes of the players. I believe most coaches do their very best and should be commended. Are some coaches a good fit for a program, maybe not but I believe they all have best interest for the kids. I always believe it is easy to be critical of others but takes a bigger person to give a compliment. Congratulations to the team and coach Shoemaker. Good luck to the seniors .

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

DS to East if you guys don't want him... he would fit in great with that Jr. Class and they would make a State run next year

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

asb wrote:DS to East if you guys don't want him... he would fit in great with that Jr. Class and they would make a State run next year
State run. :lol:

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

SWJeeps22 wrote:
asb wrote:DS to East if you guys don't want him... he would fit in great with that Jr. Class and they would make a State run next year
State run. :lol:
Yep state run....you guys worry bout getting out sectional :lol: :lol: :lol:

MyOpinion
Waterboy

Post by MyOpinion »

This is a post about Minford Basketball. Congrats on a good year. I believe they were a #5 seed that got beat by a #4 seed. The coaches in their Sectional must have thought Alex was a better team than Minford or they wouldn't seated them that way. So no shame in for tying beat by a higher seed.

As far as East and a State Run? Time will tell but I think that might be a little much.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

My apology this is a Minford post. I was just responding to SWJEEPS22 own disbelief. I don't believe it's far fetch and I'm sure those kids would never let the impossibilities of others determine what they can do. It may seem impossible in others eyes but not theirs and DS would just make them that much better. Good Luck in tourney

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

asb wrote:My apology this is a Minford post. I was just responding to SWJEEPS22 own disbelief. I don't believe it's far fetch and I'm sure those kids would never let the impossibilities of others determine what they can do. It may seem impossible in others eyes but not theirs and DS would just make them that much better. Good Luck in tourney
I would like to think DS's parents value education more than athletics. And after seeing Sciotoville's test results and state grades over the years, I have absolutely no clue why a parent would transfer their child into a bad academic situation.

But, then again, several parents out there thank Little Johnny is a superstar and academics don't matter.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

If he's a great student there then he would be a great student at east. The kid doesn't change. As a whole they may have a bad grade but there are great students that would go to any school and still be a great student. It's not just about Lil Johnny being a superstar and athletics. If you read the paper much or go online there's one Kid from there at OSU on a full ride and another kid (just a soph) being heavily recruited by major D1 colleges. If a student chooses to put school and grades first and he/she are exceptional athletes then they will get the same opportunities as anyone else rather they attend the smallest High school or the largest high school in the country. What you must overstand is colleges don't recruit schools they recruit individuals. You can knock East or any other school you wish but dont be ignorant to facts. DS would still be a great kid and do well in school and get to play with great players at east and have the same opportunities he would've had at Minford. How many Lil Johnnys are being recruited at Minford right now?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

asb wrote:If he's a great student there then he would be a great student at east. The kid doesn't change. As a whole they may have a bad grade but there are great students that would go to any school and still be a great student. It's not just about Lil Johnny being a superstar and athletics. If you read the paper much or go online there's one Kid from there at OSU on a full ride and another kid (just a soph) being heavily recruited by major D1 colleges. If a student chooses to put school and grades first and he/she are exceptional athletes then they will get the same opportunities as anyone else rather they attend the smallest High school or the largest high school in the country. What you must overstand is colleges don't recruit schools they recruit individuals. You can knock East or any other school you wish but dont be ignorant to facts. DS would still be a great kid and do well in school and get to play with great players at east and have the same opportunities he would've had at Minford. How many Lil Johnnys are being recruited at Minford right now?

It's quite humorous that you say "don't be ignorant" when your entire post is filled with ignorance.

It's not only about "being a good student." It's about being challenged academically. It's about preparing young adults for college. High school degrees are important, but in today's world it's about the college degrees that gets the (majority) of good jobs.

What AP courses does East offer? How many kids take classes at East that receive college credit? Minford offers those things.

If you're a "good student" that's one thing, but if you're not being challenged and prepared for your next step in life, what does it matter?

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Ok you win. Just like I thought. Everyone doesn't go to college, besides it ain't for everyone. I know plenty of folk that never attended college and are very successful. Like I was saying kids are going to college and are prepared for college coming from east. Post secondary and CP courses are offered. It's up to the students. Good luck to your team 8n the tourney and your kid in college

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Asb, don't waste your breath trying to recruit Dillon to come to East to play with your son Asb jr. Dillon will be looking forward to playing his senior year with his friends Thoroughman, McCormick, and Gullett. Save your breath.

Return to “Boys Basketball”