Minford Basketball

asb
Freshman Team

Re: Minford Basketball

Post by asb »

DS to East if you guys don't want him... he would fit in great with that Jr. Class and they would make a State run next year

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

asb wrote:DS to East if you guys don't want him... he would fit in great with that Jr. Class and they would make a State run next year
State run. :lol:

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

SWJeeps22 wrote:
asb wrote:DS to East if you guys don't want him... he would fit in great with that Jr. Class and they would make a State run next year
Yep state run....you guys worry bout getting out sectional :lol: :lol: :lol:

MyOpinion
Waterboy

Post by MyOpinion »

This is a post about Minford Basketball. Congrats on a good year. I believe they were a #5 seed that got beat by a #4 seed. The coaches in their Sectional must have thought Alex was a better team than Minford or they wouldn't seated them that way. So no shame in for tying beat by a higher seed.

As far as East and a State Run? Time will tell but I think that might be a little much.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

My apology this is a Minford post. I was just responding to SWJEEPS22 own disbelief. I don't believe it's far fetch and I'm sure those kids would never let the impossibilities of others determine what they can do. It may seem impossible in others eyes but not theirs and DS would just make them that much better. Good Luck in tourney

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

asb wrote:My apology this is a Minford post. I was just responding to SWJEEPS22 own disbelief. I don't believe it's far fetch and I'm sure those kids would never let the impossibilities of others determine what they can do. It may seem impossible in others eyes but not theirs and DS would just make them that much better. Good Luck in tourney
I would like to think DS's parents value education more than athletics. And after seeing Sciotoville's test results and state grades over the years, I have absolutely no clue why a parent would transfer their child into a bad academic situation.

But, then again, several parents out there thank Little Johnny is a superstar and academics don't matter.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

If he's a great student there then he would be a great student at east. The kid doesn't change. As a whole they may have a bad grade but there are great students that would go to any school and still be a great student. It's not just about Lil Johnny being a superstar and athletics. If you read the paper much or go online there's one Kid from there at OSU on a full ride and another kid (just a soph) being heavily recruited by major D1 colleges. If a student chooses to put school and grades first and he/she are exceptional athletes then they will get the same opportunities as anyone else rather they attend the smallest High school or the largest high school in the country. What you must overstand is colleges don't recruit schools they recruit individuals. You can knock East or any other school you wish but dont be ignorant to facts. DS would still be a great kid and do well in school and get to play with great players at east and have the same opportunities he would've had at Minford. How many Lil Johnnys are being recruited at Minford right now?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

asb wrote:If he's a great student there then he would be a great student at east. The kid doesn't change. As a whole they may have a bad grade but there are great students that would go to any school and still be a great student. It's not just about Lil Johnny being a superstar and athletics. If you read the paper much or go online there's one Kid from there at OSU on a full ride and another kid (just a soph) being heavily recruited by major D1 colleges. If a student chooses to put school and grades first and he/she are exceptional athletes then they will get the same opportunities as anyone else rather they attend the smallest High school or the largest high school in the country. What you must overstand is colleges don't recruit schools they recruit individuals. You can knock East or any other school you wish but dont be ignorant to facts. DS would still be a great kid and do well in school and get to play with great players at east and have the same opportunities he would've had at Minford. How many Lil Johnnys are being recruited at Minford right now?

It's quite humorous that you say "don't be ignorant" when your entire post is filled with ignorance.

It's not only about "being a good student." It's about being challenged academically. It's about preparing young adults for college. High school degrees are important, but in today's world it's about the college degrees that gets the (majority) of good jobs.

What AP courses does East offer? How many kids take classes at East that receive college credit? Minford offers those things.

If you're a "good student" that's one thing, but if you're not being challenged and prepared for your next step in life, what does it matter?

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Ok you win. Just like I thought. Everyone doesn't go to college, besides it ain't for everyone. I know plenty of folk that never attended college and are very successful. Like I was saying kids are going to college and are prepared for college coming from east. Post secondary and CP courses are offered. It's up to the students. Good luck to your team 8n the tourney and your kid in college

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Asb, don't waste your breath trying to recruit Dillon to come to East to play with your son Asb jr. Dillon will be looking forward to playing his senior year with his friends Thoroughman, McCormick, and Gullett. Save your breath.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

minford17 wrote:Asb, don't waste your breath trying to recruit Dillon to come to East to play with your son Asb jr. Dillon will be looking forward to playing his senior year with his friends Thoroughman, McCormick, and Gullett. Save your breath.
Yet he'll deny that's who he is lol.

Dillon is exactly where he needs to be. Even though East is the future state champs and academically preparing kids for college, Dillon should stay put.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

bbjunky81 wrote:
asb wrote:My apology this is a Minford post. I was just responding to SWJEEPS22 own disbelief. I don't believe it's far fetch and I'm sure those kids would never let the impossibilities of others determine what they can do. It may seem impossible in others eyes but not theirs and DS would just make them that much better. Good Luck in tourney
I would like to think DS's parents value education more than athletics. And after seeing Sciotoville's test results and state grades over the years, I have absolutely no clue why a parent would transfer their child into a bad academic situation.

But, then again, several parents out there thank Little Johnny is a superstar and academics don't matter.
So, the state's report cards and test results are able to show the total job that a school does? I wasn't aware that South Webster was churning out Rhode's Scholars left and right. I'm amazed that Webster isn't a larger, thriving metropolis with all of the academic juggernauts it is graduating. With the sarcasm aside, South Webster has done extremely well on the state's report card, but what has that translated into? Why attack another school based off of numbers that even the state's educators and administrators recognize as flawed. Why not call out the sub par job that just about all of this counties' schools (except a few) are doing according to the numbers?

East produces plenty of kids who do perform well academically, are prepared for college, and do go on to successful careers. East has some excellent staff members who do a tremendous job with what they have. There are excellent educators all over this county who do a great job all things considered. That said, I would love for East's scores to improve. They can do better. Truly informed and educated people also know that those scores can only paint part of the picture of the job that schools are doing.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

TheSportsGuy wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:

So, the state's report cards and test results are able to show the total job that a school does? I wasn't aware that South Webster was churning out Rhode's Scholars left and right. I'm amazed that Webster isn't a larger, thriving metropolis with all of the academic juggernauts it is graduating. With the sarcasm aside, South Webster has done extremely well on the state's report card, but what has that translated into? Why attack another school based off of numbers that even the state's educators and administrators recognize as flawed. Why not call out the sub par job that just about all of this counties' schools (except a few) are doing according to the numbers?

East produces plenty of kids who do perform well academically, are prepared for college, and do go on to successful careers. East has some excellent staff members who do a tremendous job with what they have. There are excellent educators all over this county who do a great job all things considered. That said, I would love for East's scores to improve. They can do better. Truly informed and educated people also know that those scores can only paint part of the picture of the job that schools are doing.

My post isn't even used to directly attack East or any of their teachers, I'm sure there's several, several great educators there. My main argument remains the same -- why would a kid transfer from one school to another for athletics, even though they would take a drastic step back academically? Unless a kid is pretty much guaranteed a D1 scholarship, I'm sickened by the fact that so many parents transfer solely for athletics and consider nothing else. It's a shame, and I stand by my comment.

How many kids do you hear about transferring each year to "get a better education." Now, how many kids do you hear about each year that transfer for athletics?

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

I agree with you completely about the transferring solely for athletics. I don't think it would be a "drastic" step back academically. Again, that's beyond the point I think we are both in agreement on. I really wish the state could find a way of enforcing the rules or implementing rules that prevented it. The problem starts with the parents though. Either the kid is the one making the decision (which is terrible) or the parents are making it for the wrong reasons.

No one from East (other than asb) is advocating this move. East will be fine. They do have an excellent shot at a District title this season, and don't have a single senior. A state run is the ultimate goal for all teams even though improbable for most. Depending on the quality/matchup from the reps from the central district, I think a southeast DIV team this year and next has a very good shot at a final four appearance.

Sorry for posting off topic in this thread. Congrats to Minford on another league title. Still very much to be proud of with what they have accomplished the last few years. Still the most productive stretch in their school's basketball history if I'm not mistaken.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

TheSportsGuy wrote:I agree with you completely about the transferring solely for athletics. I don't think it would be a "drastic" step back academically. Again, that's beyond the point I think we are both in agreement on. I really wish the state could find a way of enforcing the rules or implementing rules that prevented it. The problem starts with the parents though. Either the kid is the one making the decision (which is terrible) or the parents are making it for the wrong reasons.

No one from East (other than asb) is advocating this move. East will be fine. They do have an excellent shot at a District title this season, and don't have a single senior. A state run is the ultimate goal for all teams even though improbable for most. Depending on the quality/matchup from the reps from the central district, I think a southeast DIV team this year and next has a very good shot at a final four appearance.

Sorry for posting off topic in this thread. Congrats to Minford on another league title. Still very much to be proud of with what they have accomplished the last few years. Still the most productive stretch in their school's basketball history if I'm not mistaken.
Well worded, and I agree completely. Africentric is loaded again though, and I don't see any SE Ohio teams going up against that college of a team.

Agree, time to get back on topic. Congrats to Minford's seniors on a great run. 3 SOC titles is something that will stick with them forever.

Flock_92
Freshman Team

Post by Flock_92 »

Congratulations to the seniors on a great 4 year run. It was fun watching your guys' accomplishments. All-time Most successful class to ever play at Minford, 3 SOC titles, single game scoring record, and one of the highest scorers in program history. And 2 years you played in D-2 against tougher programs including Huntington Prep, Bishop Waterson, etc. Not bad for a group of 4 players. Keep your heads held high and good luck in the future.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Just curious, who is the all time leading scorer at Minford and how many points? I was thinking maybe Yeagle, but I wasn't sure.

BBaller4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by BBaller4Life »

4thgoal wrote:Just curious, who is the all time leading scorer at Minford and how many points? I was thinking maybe Yeagle, but I wasn't sure.
Yeagle 1518
Rowe 1255
McGraw 1231

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

asb wrote:
SWJeeps22 wrote:
Yep state run....you guys worry bout getting out sectional :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wish you the best, it takes a great team as well as a LOT of luck. I am done going back and forth on this thread. Congrats to the Falcons on the successful sesason.
Last edited by SWJeeps22 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

BBaller4Life wrote:
4thgoal wrote:Just curious, who is the all time leading scorer at Minford and how many points? I was thinking maybe Yeagle, but I wasn't sure.
Yeagle 1518
Rowe 1255
McGraw 1231
Thanks....I figured that was the case.

Return to “Boys Basketball”