DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

Post by bbjunky81 »

EPN wrote:Western is a good team , eastern looked bad offensively and defensively, and a lot of that was due to western switching defenses throughout the game , and running really good offensive sets that puts their players in positions to succeed , and western plays with really high energy and intensity that was unmatched by eastern tonight , Kyle Miller is not a good coach , he's a great coach , I would argue that he is as good of a coach as there is in this area right now, and he's only in his second year.
Eastern has to regroup and get ready for next week , as they have ND and clay to finish out the regular season , and then get ready for tournaments , eastern has not been playing really well as of late , but I think coach barrick will have them ready come tournament time . This loss could really hurt their seeding , as I thought they were the 2 seed , but now things could change. Will b interesting to see the seedings... Go eagles .
The voting was due by the coaches last night. My guess is the majority of coaches entered their votes before Friday's games and didn't have time to log on and change their votes. Most coaches go home and watch film / stat etc so I doubt last night's game effected the voting. It might have, I just doubt it did.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

EPN wrote:Western is a good team , eastern looked bad offensively and defensively, and a lot of that was due to western switching defenses throughout the game , and running really good offensive sets that puts their players in positions to succeed , and western plays with really high energy and intensity that was unmatched by eastern tonight , Kyle Miller is not a good coach , he's a great coach , I would argue that he is as good of a coach as there is in this area right now, and he's only in his second year.
Eastern has to regroup and get ready for next week , as they have ND and clay to finish out the regular season , and then get ready for tournaments , eastern has not been playing really well as of late , but I think coach barrick will have them ready come tournament time . This loss could really hurt their seeding , as I thought they were the 2 seed , but now things could change. Will b interesting to see the seedings... Go eagles .
agreed, i love westerns coach

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

bbjunky81 wrote:
The voting was due by the coaches last night. My guess is the majority of coaches entered their votes before Friday's games and didn't have time to log on and change their votes. Most coaches go home and watch film / stat etc so I doubt last night's game effected the voting. It might have, I just doubt it did.
I would like to think the coaches did see and consider Friday games into their votes.I think it would not be right to consider the results given the close parity of all the teams. I n fact I believe the coaches would be required to submit their teams record as of Friday prior to midnight. Maybe wrong there. Hard for me to believe one game stats would be more important. Those stats done on Saturday-Sunday or that fact any day next week. Maybe one of the appointed coaches on here could address.

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

To my understanding , coaches could submit their vote before last nights games or they could have waited till midnight last night to do so , I would say the majority submitted their votes before last night's games , like bbjunk said they prolly r doing other things after games so most coaches votes were prolly submitted before the games last night .

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

EPN wrote:To my understanding , coaches could submit their vote before last nights games or they could have waited till midnight last night to do so , I would say the majority submitted their votes before last night's games , like bbjunk said they prolly r doing other things after games so most coaches votes were prolly submitted before the games last night .

Honestly I'll be shocked if many coaches went back and changed votes late last night. It's all about matchups anyway.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Agreed

UKNate
Freshman Team

Post by UKNate »

Kyle Miller is the Brad Stevens of Southern Ohio.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Here is my new guess for the seeding:

1. Sciotoville Community
2. Clay...........(Seems to be peaking at the right time)
3. Peebles.......(could be seeded from 3 to 6)
4. Eastern Pike..(could be seeded from 3 to 6)
5. Notre Dame...(could be seeded from 3 to 6)
6. Western.....(team playing with some confidence and positive momentum)
7. South Webster
8. Fairfield
9. Manchester
10. Whiteoak 4-10
11. Glenwood 2-13

Now the tactical moves from the coaches and possibly some alliances among the leagues will determine the seeding.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Hoggy wrote:Here is my new guess for the seeding:

1. Sciotoville Community
7. South Webster
8. Fairfield
9. Manchester
10. Whiteoak 4-10
11. Glenwood 2-13

Now the tactical moves from the coaches and possibly some alliances among the leagues will determine the seeding.
Hoggy, go back to sleep. Clay peaking? They just got beat by ND by 16 at home (lost both games this year to ND). Eastern Pike was just beat by Western last night.

Might wanna move Clay down to 4-5. Be realistic.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

As of today I'll throw in my ranking guess. ND and Eastern could flip on coaches vote.

1. East (only losses to Clay and SW in this sectional)
2. ND (beat Clay x2, beat Western x2, South Point, Coal Grove)
3. Eastern (beat ND, lost to Western by 12, beat Peebles, beat Clay)
4. Peebles (beat North Adams, lost to Eastern)
5. Clay (beat East, lost to ND x2, lost to Eastern)
6. Western (lost to ND x2, beat Eastern by 12 last night,
7. South Webster (plays SOC 2, beat East, lost to Western)
8. Fairfield
9. Whiteoak
10. Manchester
11. New Boston

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

I think that about 7-8 teams could play the other and not sure who would win by 10 or get beat by 10. Eastern beat by Western and somebody said last second shot for N.D. to beat Symmes Valley. Go figure because I have given up. Just get the seeding done and lets play. Everyone should believe their team is the best of the bunch. Should be some exciting high school basketball for the local fans. Let's all enjoy !!

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

1. East
2. Eastern
3. Peebles
4. Notre Dame
5. Clay
6. S. Webster
7. Western
8. Fairfield

Like has been stated earlier , I do not think last nights games will factor into seedings, because the votes were prolly already turned in before last nights games were played .

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Every game up to voting will count. Not sure how it wouldn't decide. You know SHAL teams are looking closely at SOC, and SOC are looking closely at each other and SHAL.

I think last night could make or break a few teams, could cost them a seed or gain.

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Yes u r correct , every game up to voting will count , just depends on when coaches submitted their votes, as they r done online now and coaches have the option to submit their votes this week up till midnight of last night ( at least that is the way I understand it). So a coach may have submitted their online vote before last nights games were even played, we will see Sunday if coaches submitted their votes before or after last nights games, because they prolly would have affected the seedings..

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Hoggy wrote:Here is my new guess for the seeding:

1. Sciotoville Community
7. South Webster
8. Fairfield
9. Manchester
10. Whiteoak 4-10
11. Glenwood 2-13

I just don't see how how in the world you can put Clay above Eastern or ND. Clay hasn't beaten either one. Lost to ND 2x and at home to Eastern. Move Clay behind ND and that should be close. But Peebles and ND could flip-flop.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

This is going to be the best thread ever tomorrow.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

What time tomorrow are the seedlings suppose to be released?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

TripleDouble wrote:What time tomorrow are the seedlings suppose to be released?
3. Because it's really difficult to gather a small amount of votes and tabulate them.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

danicalifornia wrote:
3. Because it's really difficult to gather a small amount of votes and tabulate them.
LOL

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

I don't think votes were turned on before last nights games because a lot of teams had a lot riding on last nights games!
Last edited by JustPlayBasketball12 on Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”