P.O.Y. CANDIDATES IN EACH CONFERENCE THROUGH MID-SEASON

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: P.O.Y. CANDIDATES IN EACH CONFERENCE THROUGH MID-SEASON

Post by Crab's Brother »

Flock_92 wrote:
enigmaax wrote:
BBaller4Life wrote:
First off, you are incorrect, Rowe is the leading scorer for the Falcons right now with Kelley next in line. As for rebounds, Rowe is the leading rebounder not Alley.
I'm not on here to debate you eyeswideopen voicing my personal opinion based on facts. It sounds like you're a jealous parent who thinks their kid is entitled since you just signed up for your account today and it just so happens that your only two posts are on this subject. I am very proud of these boys and hate to see them go because watching these boys has really brought joy into my life and I look forward to attending their games. So unless you're a coach don't get on here trying to start trouble.
Overreact much? "Jealous parent"? And now opinions aren't allowed unless you are a coach?
Rowe, Kelley and Alley have all done a great job this year. All have stepped up on the nights/games that they needed to. Another senior on the bench that has stepped up when needed is Perry. He has come into games this year and provided the defense to shut down a hot shooter. Since he doesn't play much or score much he is overlooked as being a contributor. His defense/hustle is impeccable and has helped the team hold off some scorers.
I don't even think Perry played in the Valley game.

Flock_92
Freshman Team

Post by Flock_92 »

Crab's Brother wrote:
Flock_92 wrote:
enigmaax wrote: Overreact much? "Jealous parent"? And now opinions aren't allowed unless you are a coach?
Rowe, Kelley and Alley have all done a great job this year. All have stepped up on the nights/games that they needed to. Another senior on the bench that has stepped up when needed is Perry. He has come into games this year and provided the defense to shut down a hot shooter. Since he doesn't play much or score much he is overlooked as being a contributor. His defense/hustle is impeccable and has helped the team hold off some scorers.
I don't even think Perry played in the Valley game.
That's what I am saying, Crab's brother. He is overlooked by everyone, including the coaches. Until the coach gets nervous and puts him in to shut someone down. He may not have gotten in the valley game, but he was in the Webster game and held SZ to 3 points. Also, was just pointing out that Minford has 4 seniors lol. Perry is not an offensive threat at all, but he has the three tangibles that this tea is missing right now....Defense, Heart and Hustle. He can handle the ball very well and doesn't make very many errant passes. One would think of him as a point guard that would allow Rowe and Kelley to run some screens and get open for their shots?! Perry definitely has speed, grit and a physicality that the starting five are lacking. Just saying. Good luck to the Falcons and all area teams as the tourney is getting close.

my2sense
Waterboy

Post by my2sense »

This thread is about POY and IMO there are a few players out there deserving this award, but heart and hustle doesn't qualify for obtaining the award. The award is for players that possess the qualities if they were taken out of the equation, how would the team react? For example, take Rolfe out of Valley and they still have the talent to win, but if you take Rowe from Minford, Minford doesn't get the ball past half court. My examples aren't stating that Rolfe doesn't deserve POY because I believe he is a definite candidate in my book, but I also feel Rowe is more valuable to Minford than Rolfe is to Valley.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

my2sense wrote:This thread is about POY and IMO there are a few players out there deserving this award, but heart and hustle doesn't qualify for obtaining the award. The award is for players that possess the qualities if they were taken out of the equation, how would the team react? For example, take Rolfe out of Valley and they still have the talent to win, but if you take Rowe from Minford, Minford doesn't get the ball past half court. My examples aren't stating that Rolfe doesn't deserve POY because I believe he is a definite candidate in my book, but I also feel Rowe is more valuable to Minford than Rolfe is to Valley.

Fair enough...

Rolfe had a triple double with 14 assists at Waverly Friday. He just makes everyone better.

my2sense
Waterboy

Post by my2sense »

Crab's Brother wrote:
my2sense wrote:This thread is about POY and IMO there are a few players out there deserving this award, but heart and hustle doesn't qualify for obtaining the award. The award is for players that possess the qualities if they were taken out of the equation, how would the team react? For example, take Rolfe out of Valley and they still have the talent to win, but if you take Rowe from Minford, Minford doesn't get the ball past half court. My examples aren't stating that Rolfe doesn't deserve POY because I believe he is a definite candidate in my book, but I also feel Rowe is more valuable to Minford than Rolfe is to Valley.

Fair enough...

Rolfe had a triple double with 14 assists at Waverly Friday. He just makes everyone better.

That's impressive...he is an outstanding player.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Rolfe is quite the player and if they win the league outright he undoubtedly deserves the POY.

It'll be interesting to see how Valley recovers after this year. They have had several LOADED classes in a row, with 7 seniors on this team receiving significant playing time. They'll be in rebuild mode for sure, at least for their standards.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
winningaintcheap
Riding the Bench

Post by winningaintcheap »

So what about a team like Unioto? Where the best player was taken out of the equation and they went undefeated?

eyeswideopen
Waterboy

Post by eyeswideopen »

I have seen Minford get the ball past half court and Rowe wasn't doing it. A player's value to a team IS heart, hustle, putting the team before yourself, being supportive & encouraging your teammates (not cursing at them & humiliating them on the floor), playing defense, hitting the open man for the betterment of the team instead of always looking out for yourself. A player of the year should encompass all of these qualities and each of these qualities are a value to a team.

JustListenHere
Waterboy

Post by JustListenHere »

eyeswideopen wrote:

I have seen Minford get the ball past half court and Rowe wasn't doing it. A player's value to a team IS heart, hustle, putting the team before yourself, being supportive & encouraging your teammates (not cursing at them & humiliating them on the floor), playing defense, hitting the open man for the betterment of the team instead of always looking out for yourself. A player of the year should encompass all of these qualities and each of these qualities are a value to a team.
Eyeswideopen, yes Minford can get the ball down the court without Rowe bringing it down but that's only against a Northwest. If you have been to any games this year Rowe is double and sometimes triple teamed all the way down the court and handles it with ease. I guarantee you that not one of those other boys could handle the pressure. If you're watching the same game as me then you'll notice that the majority of the others play hot potato with the ball and don't want it. Rowe and Kelly are the only two who act like they aren't scared of the ball. And, if you think you're seeing frustration on their faces it real easy to figure out why their upset, I've noticed Rowe having to tell the boys except for Kelly where they are suppose to be set at for the plays. Now wouldn't you be upset if you constantly had to tell your teammates where to be? You would think by the end of the season or by playing together for 3 to 4 years you would know the plays.
Rowe is definitely the heart of this team you can tell that he is out there to win. IMO, he deserves POY, or at least co-POY. He should have been co-POY last year but didn't get it. Poor kid, I bet he hates getting on here and seeing people like you bash him. He's probably smart enough not to read these posts. Anyway, I can say I have enjoyed watching him play these past 4 years and I think you eyeswideopen will have a rude awaking next year when that kid is gone. I wish him the best and good luck to the falcons in the upcoming tournaments.

eyeswideopen
Waterboy

Post by eyeswideopen »

JustListenHere wrote:
eyeswideopen wrote:

Eyeswideopen, yes Minford can get the ball down the court without Rowe bringing it down but that's only against a Northwest. If you have been to any games this year Rowe is double and sometimes triple teamed all the way down the court and handles it with ease. I guarantee you that not one of those other boys could handle the pressure. If you're watching the same game as me then you'll notice that the majority of the others play hot potato with the ball and don't want it. Rowe and Kelly are the only two who act like they aren't scared of the ball. And, if you think you're seeing frustration on their faces it real easy to figure out why their upset, I've noticed Rowe having to tell the boys except for Kelly where they are suppose to be set at for the plays. Now wouldn't you be upset if you constantly had to tell your teammates where to be? You would think by the end of the season or by playing together for 3 to 4 years you would know the plays.
Rowe is definitely the heart of this team you can tell that he is out there to win. IMO, he deserves POY, or at least co-POY. He should have been co-POY last year but didn't get it. Poor kid, I bet he hates getting on here and seeing people like you bash him. He's probably smart enough not to read these posts. Anyway, I can say I have enjoyed watching him play these past 4 years and I think you eyeswideopen will have a rude awaking next year when that kid is gone. I wish him the best and good luck to the falcons in the upcoming tournaments.
You are absolutely correct he is double & triple teamed, so someone is open somewhere. Teams win championships not individuals. Bashing and speaking the truth are two very different things.

JustListenHere
Waterboy

Post by JustListenHere »

"You are absolutely correct he is double & triple teamed, so someone is open somewhere. Teams win championships not individuals. Bashing and speaking the truth are two very different things."

Eyeswideopen
Do you ever stop to think that maybe he is told not to give the ball up? Have you ever sat back during a game and watched that kid play? From what I can tell he can see the court like no one I've seen play in years. Some of his passes are unreal. He is a very unselfish teammate anyone can see that and if it hadn't been for him taking the game over at Burg and from what I heard also at Webster then Minford would have been beat in those 2 games. I also heard that when they played down at Chesapeake that Minford was only behind by 5 points at the beginning of the 4 quarter and Rowe fouled out and Minford got beat by 20 some points because they couldn't get the ball down the court. Your true leaders always take over in tight situations because they want to win, it's the drive in them and you can see that Rowe has that in him. The kid played his heart out against Oak Hill. Heck I was sitting by Oak Hill fans that couldn't believe what a player he was. He was still trying with 10 seconds left when the rest of the team was watching the clock. Maybe you should sit back at the next game and just watch the kid play, he is good.

Flock_92
Freshman Team

Post by Flock_92 »

JustListenHere wrote:"You are absolutely correct he is double & triple teamed, so someone is open somewhere. Teams win championships not individuals. Bashing and speaking the truth are two very different things."

Eyeswideopen
Do you ever stop to think that maybe he is told not to give the ball up? Have you ever sat back during a game and watched that kid play? From what I can tell he can see the court like no one I've seen play in years. Some of his passes are unreal. He is a very unselfish teammate anyone can see that and if it hadn't been for him taking the game over at Burg and from what I heard also at Webster then Minford would have been beat in those 2 games. I also heard that when they played down at Chesapeake that Minford was only behind by 5 points at the beginning of the 4 quarter and Rowe fouled out and Minford got beat by 20 some points because they couldn't get the ball down the court. Your true leaders always take over in tight situations because they want to win, it's the drive in them and you can see that Rowe has that in him. The kid played his heart out against Oak Hill. Heck I was sitting by Oak Hill fans that couldn't believe what a player he was. He was still trying with 10 seconds left when the rest of the team was watching the clock. Maybe you should sit back at the next game and just watch the kid play, he is good.
JustListenHere and Eyeswideopen, you both make very good points. Rowe is a team leader, he can handle pressure, he has taken over in tight games but at the same time how does Minford start out blowing the doors off of OH and end up losing? If you saw the same game you saw Minford playing team ball in the first quarter and some of the second quarter and had great success. Midway through the second and the rest of the game they went away from playing team ball and went to a 2 player offense. "Live by the 3, die by the 3." The "frustration" you see is not as simple as being frustrated that he is playing with inferior teammates. With that said, Minford can get the ball up the floor against anybody and yes Rowe should be highly considered for POY or Co-POY.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Is there a way that y'all can contain this in the Minford thread?

Flock_92
Freshman Team

Post by Flock_92 »

Imo Rowe locked up POY in SOC 2 tonight.

has_been
Waterboy

Post by has_been »

Congratulations to both schools on a share of the title and an exciting game. 

Both schools exhibited teamwork and sportsmanship on the court tonight. The same couldnt be said about each school's fans.

Valley posters on this site support their team through wins and losses and are supportive of other teams, including rivals. 

Anyone reading this site this week has had to read the garbage coming from minford posters.
They bash the coach. 
They bash the pg rowe.
They bash rowe and kelley.
They bash a KID that just came back from surgery (IMO, whoever flock 92 is should be ashamed. The sad thing is that your son is most likely shepherds teammate. And you get on the internet and bash dillon shepherd. You were probably one of the fans that congratulated dillon after the game).
They bash the starters because parents with agendas cant stand to see their kid sit the bench.
They argue over who is the 3rd best player.

Calling out or bashing a coach is fair game. Calling out or bashing a player is ignorant. Minford fans Calling out or bashing their own players shows selfish stupidity.

Flock_92
Freshman Team

Post by Flock_92 »

has_been wrote:Congratulations to both schools on a share of the title and an exciting game. 

Both schools exhibited teamwork and sportsmanship on the court tonight. The same couldnt be said about each school's fans.

Valley posters on this site support their team through wins and losses and are supportive of other teams, including rivals. 

Anyone reading this site this week has had to read the garbage coming from minford posters.
They bash the coach. 
They bash the pg rowe.
They bash rowe and kelley.
They bash a KID that just came back from surgery (IMO, whoever flock 92 is should be ashamed. The sad thing is that your son is most likely shepherds teammate. And you get on the internet and bash dillon shepherd. You were probably one of the fans that congratulated dillon after the game).
They bash the starters because parents with agendas cant stand to see their kid sit the bench.
They argue over who is the 3rd best player.

Calling out or bashing a coach is fair game. Calling out or bashing a player is ignorant. Minford fans Calling out or bashing their own players shows selfish stupidity.
I'm sorry I missed who your opinion of POY was? That is what this thread is for so I have heard.

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

I think the SOC I should have Co-Players of the year this year.

IWatchFromTheStands
Waterboy

Post by IWatchFromTheStands »

Who are the front runners in the S.O.C. 1 for POY?

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

IMO, I think Brown and Turner should share S.O.C 1 POY. Brown and Turner are both probably average 20 ppg, along with rebs and assist they both have similar stats. Once again, this is just my opinion.

IWatchFromTheStands
Waterboy

Post by IWatchFromTheStands »

Brown from East, King from Clay, and Leist or Martin from Eastern could all be POY in my opinion. I think Turner is a great player, I just don't think he is POY in my opinion.

Return to “Boys Basketball”