P.O.Y. CANDIDATES IN EACH CONFERENCE THROUGH MID-SEASON

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Re: P.O.Y. CANDIDATES IN EACH CONFERENCE THROUGH MID-SEASON

Post by svc_guy »

OK thanks. Just wanted to make sure I did not say something I should not have.

eyeswideopen
Waterboy

Post by eyeswideopen »

BBaller4Life wrote:It has to be Rowe for Minford, reached his 1,000 points early in the season and I guarantee he is leading all stats for the team.
You are correct, Rowe did get his 1,000th point, but I would say Kelley could be the leading scorer as he has carried alot of the scoring load this year and Alley is the leading rebounder. Alot of credit to these three seniors who are getting the job done for the Falcons this year.

eyeswideopen
Waterboy

Post by eyeswideopen »

Bleeding Red wrote:Have to go with Rowe from the SOC II. Surpassed the 1000 point mark this season and Minford is the only unbeaten in conference play

Rolfe from Valley in second place

Not sure why the player of the year award must go to the team who wins the conference. I don't always believe that the Player of the Year is on the team who wins the conference.

BBaller4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by BBaller4Life »

:roll:
Last edited by BBaller4Life on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

BBaller4Life wrote:
eyeswideopen wrote:
BBaller4Life wrote:It has to be Rowe for Minford, reached his 1,000 points early in the season and I guarantee he is leading all stats for the team.
You are correct, Rowe did get his 1,000th point, but I would say Kelley could be the leading scorer as he has carried alot of the scoring load this year and Alley is the leading rebounder. Alot of credit to these three seniors who are getting the job done for the Falcons this year.
First off, you are incorrect, Rowe is the leading scorer for the Falcons right now with Kelley next in line. As for rebounds, Rowe is the leading rebounder not Alley.
I'm not on here to debate you eyeswideopen voicing my personal opinion based on facts. It sounds like you're a jealous parent who thinks their kid is entitled since you just signed up for your account today and it just so happens that your only two posts are on this subject. I am very proud of these boys and hate to see them go because watching these boys has really brought joy into my life and I look forward to attending their games. So unless you're a coach don't get on here trying to start trouble.
Overreact much? "Jealous parent"? And now opinions aren't allowed unless you are a coach?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

enigmaax wrote:
BBaller4Life wrote:
eyeswideopen wrote:
First off, you are incorrect, Rowe is the leading scorer for the Falcons right now with Kelley next in line. As for rebounds, Rowe is the leading rebounder not Alley.
I'm not on here to debate you eyeswideopen voicing my personal opinion based on facts. It sounds like you're a jealous parent who thinks their kid is entitled since you just signed up for your account today and it just so happens that your only two posts are on this subject. I am very proud of these boys and hate to see them go because watching these boys has really brought joy into my life and I look forward to attending their games. So unless you're a coach don't get on here trying to start trouble.
Overreact much? "Jealous parent"? And now opinions aren't allowed unless you are a coach?
One of the biggest overreactions I've ever seen on here lol. It seemed the poster being ripped was just trying to give credit to the entire senior class of the Falcons.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens Griffin Lutz
25.3 points 10.2 rebounds 5.1 assists 2.1 blocks 2.4 steals

I think his blocks are closer to 4 a game but not much data on that stat

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Raider6309 wrote:Athens Griffin Lutz
25.3 points 10.2 rebounds 5.1 assists 2.1 blocks 2.4 steals

I think his blocks are closer to 4 a game but not much data on that stat
Outstanding contributions to his team

eyeswideopen
Waterboy

Post by eyeswideopen »

With Wheelersburg beating the Falcons Saturday night and putting themselves in a very good position for the SOC running at this point in the season maybe the player of the year is on the Wheelersburg team.

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

Rolfe or Rowe or Co-POY for SOCII.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

ColonelSanders wrote:Rolfe or Rowe or Co-POY for SOCII.
I agree with that. The big question is, who gets it for SOC I?

Brown? King? Leist? Turner?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

I'd say if East wins the league, Brown will probably win it. The other 3 are definitely deserving I think

eyeswideopen
Waterboy

Post by eyeswideopen »

I would agree that Rolfe deserves POY in SOC II. He plays like a player of the year, makes his teammates better and conducts himself on the floor and with the officials like a player of the year. Something that can't be said for everyone.

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

Top 3 for SOC I
1. Brown
2. Turner
3. Hinze
There could be other such as Leist( Eastern) , Gilliland, King, Riffe( all 3 from Clay)

Turner from ND gets almost a double double every game.

I think we look at P.O.Y. candidates for their scoring, but I think other statistics needs to be thrown in there as well.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

JustPlayBasketball12 wrote:Top 3 for SOC I
1. Brown
2. Turner
3. Hinze
There could be other such as Leist( Eastern) , Gilliland, King, Riffe( all 3 from Clay)

Turner from ND gets almost a double double every game.

I think we look at P.O.Y. candidates for their scoring, but I think other statistics needs to be thrown in there as well.
Martin from eastern gets a double double bout every game as well him and leist go back and forth leading the team in scoring at games so far.

GO EAGLES
JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

I was going to add Martin as well. I just think POY should be more than just points

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Ok say your team wins the league and your team is pretty balanced like Unioto wheres there is no really high scorer just a great group of players and great coaching. ..but you have a kid thats in the league avg 20+ points 7 reb 6 assists 2-3steals per game and reality shows you that this kid is the best in the league but his team finished2,3,4th...does he get P.O.Y? Or does someone off the league winning team gets it?

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Now imagine if that same kids Team finshed first in the league with those same statistics and the balanced team finished2,3 or 4th...who is P.O.Y.lol

eyeswideopen
Waterboy

Post by eyeswideopen »

I don't believe that the league winning team has always had the player of the year in the SOC II. Last year there was co-POY and neither one of the players was on the winning SOC team. I do believe another year two teams tied for the SOC and they didn't award a player of the year from each team.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

JustPlayBasketball12 wrote:I was going to add Martin as well. I just think POY should be more than just points
agreed I think it should be all around game as well.

GO EAGLES

Return to “Boys Basketball”