Eastern at Notre Dame

Mailman
All Conference

Re: Eastern at Notre Dame

Post by Mailman »

js7_22 wrote:
AIM wrote:Both teams with tons of talent and well coached. But in order for ND to play to their potential and pull out the big wins they need to leave the egos in the locker room and play unselfish, team basketball! :roll:
AIM - Ego's? Seriously? You know this how? Notre Dame is a very unselfish team, but like any other sports team, you have your "scorers", (ie, Lebron James, Westbrook, Michael Jordan, etc), and you have players with other rolls. But if you can make that uneducated guess from the stands, then maybe it's time for you to coach a team, or become a sports psychologist.

Tonight's game was a great showing between two teams. The big difference tonight for ND in the loss were a few things. They let #23 hit multiple 3's late in the game from deep (gave Eastern the 6 point lead), Multiple shots underneath the rim that are easy makes for ND just wouldn't go in,and late in the game in bonus the Titans gave up 4 straight rebounds off the bonus shot that could have given them multiple chances to go down and make a shot. NOT EGO's

Eastern shot the ball extremely well the entire game. They were decent from the line. ND shot the ball pretty well, Turner and Buttayotee I believe both had 21 points. But I believe they missed quite a bit of free throws as a team.
I have to disagree with both of you and agree with both of you. I do not believe it is egos. I believe it has more to do with competitiveness and trust. Trust your teammates to help the team win, don't take it all on yourself. And yes, there were multiple times when "scorers" were driving with an open player on the wing or even under the basket. You have to give that ball up, it's the best opportunity for the team. And trust they will make plays. I've heard Lebron get criticized for not taking the last second shot to win a game. When asked about it, he said he made the right basketball play in order to win the game. And the experts agree. It was the right move. Sometimes those decisions work, sometimes they don't. But it was the right play. I believe those passes need to be made, but I don't think it's EGO.

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Great win for the eagles, a very intense and physical game , as has already been stated , but a few huge shots from Clay Martin., great job by all the boys and coach Barrick on this win .
Really impressed with ND they play physical and are very well coached , turner and Butayotee r excellent players , they will b tough come tourney time and really good next year .
If it's the Turner kid who u think has the ego, I wouldn't mind him bringin that ego , a little north to eastern pike..lol

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Turner is a great kid, very competitive and hates losing....i will take him any day of the week. ND and Eastern are very evenly matched teams. I believe Clay, ND and East will all beat Eastern at Eastern. EAST is the best team in the league this year with their added depth. all 4 teams will be tough come tourney time but what EAST has that the other 4 teams do not is AKIA BROWN!!!! hes the difference. when hes in the game he makes everyone's job easy because he can get wherever he wants when he wants. i would love to see him turn it on from start to finish instead of mostly when his team needs him to. Browns weakness is FOUL TROUBLE

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

asb wrote:Turner is a great kid, very competitive and hates losing....i will take him any day of the week. ND and Eastern are very evenly matched teams. I believe Clay, ND and East will all beat Eastern at Eastern. EAST is the best team in the league this year with their added depth. all 4 teams will be tough come tourney time but what EAST has that the other 4 teams do not is AKIA BROWN!!!! hes the difference. when hes in the game he makes everyone's job easy because he can get wherever he wants when he wants. i would love to see him turn it on from start to finish instead of mostly when his team needs him to. Browns weakness is FOUL TROUBLE

have to disagree with u there asb no way all 3 teams beat eastern at home. I think eastern,east,clay and Notre dame are all evenly matched and can beat the other one any nite just who wants it more that night should be some good basketball 2nd half of season.

GO EAGLES
asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

reason I say this is because its tough to beat a team twice (nd and clay will be ready for second matchup) and east is just a better team. east will win by double digits at eastern in my opinion and 2nd time around vs clay and nd.....

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

I believe each one of the top 4 SOC I teams could make a case why they are the best. The Clay team tied or within 3 points under 1:30 in all 3 league losses. Just did not find a way to win those close games. Obviously, first round advantage to East given both home games with Clay and Eastern. Should be a very competitive 2nd half and each poster support their respective team.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

east vs clay wasnt within 3 points

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

Yes it was.Clay at East was 3 point game at the 1:30 mark, 59-56 after a Clay 3 pointer. The prior post referred to that scenerio not in any way the final scores of the game.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

I think some of you are not factoring in the role that Western will play. They won't win the league, but they will help play spoiler, especially at home. East has already gone to Latham and survived. Eastern and ND still have not played there.

The league champ will likely have 2 losses in my opinion. Do the math, and that only leaves 3 teams right now. Not only does that mean ND can't lose again, but they also have the toughest remaining schedule of the 3. They must still play @ East and @ Eastern. I think @ Clay and @ Western as well (correct me on those 2 if I'm wrong).

There's a lot of basketball left, but I like the position East and Eastern are in.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

TheSportsGuy wrote:I think some of you are not factoring in the role that Western will play. They won't win the league, but they will help play spoiler, especially at home. East has already gone to Latham and survived. Eastern and ND still have not played there.

The league champ will likely have 2 losses in my opinion. Do the math, and that only leaves 3 teams right now. Not only does that mean ND can't lose again, but they also have the toughest remaining schedule of the 3. They must still play @ East and @ Eastern. I think @ Clay and @ Western as well (correct me on those 2 if I'm wrong).

There's a lot of basketball left, but I like the position East and Eastern are in.
ND won at Latham. Still have to go to east and eastern and clay. But Western is a very good team. Play almost every team tough. Wouldnt be surprised if they spoil it for anyone else.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

mailman u are correct I figure the western Indians do spoil somebody's fun they have did it to my eagles in the past. I love everything Kyle Miller is doing in LA he is a good coach and I look for them in the next couple years to be good.

GO EAGLES
beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Yes,I believe Western will have a say in who wins the league. East and Clay both escaped Latham with 2 point wins, Western can compete with most teams in area because of there defense and hustle,if they have a good offensive night,they could beat any team in league on any night.Kyle Miller does a great job..and we will be hearing a lot of the name Tanner Perdue the next few years,the kid is a player.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Insert incorrect comment here!! Erased to keep myself from looking completely stupid. :D
Last edited by Mailman on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

Might want to check that Webster and East score.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

TheSportsGuy wrote:Might want to check that Webster and East score.
You're right. I read it wrong. I apologize.

Return to “Boys Basketball”