SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Fort Frye 50 vs Waterford 39 Final

Post by EasternDspy »

:P Who wins tonight?

sportsfan87
Waterboy

Re: Fort Frye (8-4) vs Waterford (8-0) 1/9

Post by sportsfan87 »

Should be a good game. Records don't matter in this one. What do you think dspy?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort has been so inconsistent beating Williamstown and Harrison Central and only losing to Warren in OT to then losing to Frontier and last night only scoring 32 to at home. It's hard to say what team shows up. One thing I've noticed is that in big wins Carter Lang has knocked down big shots. I say they need to get him involved tonight

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

I think Fort Frye takes it tonight. The only thing that worries me is that they had a hard battle last night with a lot of emotions in that game and it might be tough to rebound playing the next night but I think they get it done.

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

GO CATS!!!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort tearing up leads 33-17 half

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort 40 Waterford 19 3rd

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort leads in 4th 47-23.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Final Fort 50 Waterford 39.. Game not as close as the score as Cadets lead by 24 in 4th. Nice to see Noah Hilverding knock down the 3.

sportsfan87
Waterboy

Re: Fort Frye 50 vs Waterford 39 Final

Post by sportsfan87 »

Dspy you were right Lang and Pritchard hit early 3's opened the game up and never looked. Fort Frye played really well and Waterford played worst game all season. Fort Frye had a lot to do with why Waterford played so poorly...good defense by Fort Frye all night.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

The only difference between last nights shooting and tonight is, most all Cadet shots were open looks, last night vs Caldwell all were contested.
Generally speaking, that shows the difference between the PVC, and the TVC Hocking. Waterford will probably win their conference.
Another positive for Fort Frye was their foul shooting, maybe best all season.
Anderson led the way with 23 or so. All starters out about halfway thru the fourth quarter.
Cadet Jv's also won 35-29 after trailing most of the game.

H-back
Freshman Team

Post by H-back »

Cadet starters didn't come out until 2 minutes left in the game not halfway through

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Game was decided way before mid quarter game was a blowout. Nice moment for Noah Hilverding who drained that 3.

Lovebball42
Freshman Team

Post by Lovebball42 »

Waterford shot the worst they've shot all year and fort frye coming off 2 losses was hot from deep

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye is the better team.

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

Lovebball42 wrote:Waterford shot the worst they've shot all year and fort frye coming off 2 losses was hot from deep
Probably had a lot to do with the Cadet Defense

hoopsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by hoopsfan »

Going in to this matchup I was fully expecting it to be a good, close game and one that Waterford could actually win. However, after watching the first few minutes, it was evident that the Fort Frye defense was way too good for Waterford to generate open looks on offense. Yes, Waterford did struggle shooting, but this came from the most part because of the Fort Frye defense. Waterford's dribble penetration to the lane and kickout passes that usually generate offense did not do so against the good Fort Frye team. Probably the best defense that Waterford has gone against this season. This game could have been closer, but Fort Frye did shoot amazing, hitting six 3's in the first quarter including the long buzzer beater by Bradford. However, after watching this game first hand, I would think that Fort Frye would beat them again because of their defense. Waterford is a very good team and might go undefeated in the TVC, but this was a step up in competition and it showed. Jordan Welch is the only player on Waterford that could create shots for himself against Fort Frye, and he just had a night where the ball wouldn't go in. He is extremely talented and if some of his shots fall, than maybe the game is closer. Do these two teams play again? Since they were so close, I was hoping this was a home and home schedule.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

hoopsfan wrote:Going in to this matchup I was fully expecting it to be a good, close game and one that Waterford could actually win. However, after watching the first few minutes, it was evident that the Fort Frye defense was way too good for Waterford to generate open looks on offense. Yes, Waterford did struggle shooting, but this came from the most part because of the Fort Frye defense. Waterford's dribble penetration to the lane and kickout passes that usually generate offense did not do so against the good Fort Frye team. Probably the best defense that Waterford has gone against this season. This game could have been closer, but Fort Frye did shoot amazing, hitting six 3's in the first quarter including the long buzzer beater by Bradford. However, after watching this game first hand, I would think that Fort Frye would beat them again because of their defense. Waterford is a very good team and might go undefeated in the TVC, but this was a step up in competition and it showed. Jordan Welch is the only player on Waterford that could create shots for himself against Fort Frye, and he just had a night where the ball wouldn't go in. He is extremely talented and if some of his shots fall, than maybe the game is closer. Do these two teams play again? Since they were so close, I was hoping this was a home and home schedule.
Yes, they play at The Fort Feb.5th.

H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Post by H2O4RD »

Not enough gas in the tank to play two rivals back to back nights. There is bad blood between Belpre and Waterford, and it was a real track meet on friday. Id say that had more to do with the way Waterford played than anything, other than the way Fort shot lights out.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

H2O4RD wrote:Not enough gas in the tank to play two rivals back to back nights. There is bad blood between Belpre and Waterford, and it was a real track meet on friday. Id say that had more to do with the way Waterford played than anything, other than the way Fort shot lights out.

And remember Fort Frye also had a back to back game with a very good Caldwell team.

Return to “Boys Basketball”