Best officials in the Southeast District????

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Best officials in the Southeast District????

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Thought this might be a good topic. Who are the better officials that you have seen this year?? Please NO bashing of officials who you think are terrible. Keep this to the best officials.

Dean
Freshman Team

Post by Dean »

D. Hopkins and J. Vastine

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

I have an idea on who the worst are... lol as far as the ebst go i wouldnt know, theres only a selct few that i know of..

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

I can't remember when the last time was that I saw a good official. :(

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

This should be interesting. :roll:

PeteRoseHOF
Riding the Bench

Post by PeteRoseHOF »

Keith Throckmorton and Keith Detwiler and their other partner are probably the best. Also Bobby Crockrel, Tommy Pinkerman, Chuck McKnight, and Tommy Hardy

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

The crew of John Derrow, Bub Norris, and Lowell Settles are some of the best IMO

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

I believe it is the guy that sits two rows behind me at the games.. :lol:

job 2:10
Waterboy

Post by job 2:10 »

Brian Phipps is a good one, James Foster is excellent as well, and I think Doug Davis is one of the best around.

BALLER1
Freshman Team

Post by BALLER1 »

Brian Phipps and Rod Nichols do a great job. I think the state needs to allow officiating groups travel and call together in the tournament. You can tell the officials that call together a lot, you don't have one calling a tight game, one letting you play and the other calling his way.

jkasler
Waterboy

Post by jkasler »

Brian Phipps & Rod Nichols are good....Doug Davis and Tommy Hardy and their crew are always good. Those are probably the best ones I have seen. Seen a lot of bad ones too.....

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

Is David Torrez (sp.?) still working games in the area?? Thought he was very professional.

Calling it like it is...
Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

John Sheets and Pat Carroll do a good job.

Cosmo__Kramer
Waterboy

Post by Cosmo__Kramer »

Keith Throckmorton does well. His partner, with the exception of that funny way of running, is good also.

Cosmo__Kramer
Waterboy

Post by Cosmo__Kramer »

In all seriousness, here are some of the best in the area.
Keith Throckmorton
Keith Dettwiller
Dave Hopkins
Dave Dugan
Brian Phipps
Rod Nichols
Bub Norris
Lowell Settles
John Derrow
Chuck McKnight

I know I left off a few, but these are the ones I thought of first.

For all of you that say there are no good ones, take the test and get qualified to do some games. It is not an easy job and the money is not that great. Plus, with all of the screaming and yelling fans that think they know everything, the job gets frustrating to officials also. Most of these guys do it for the love of the game. Sure, there are some bad officials out there, but there are some really good ones too.

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

Kevin Schwartzel from Athens is one of the best in my opinion, from what I hear in his hay day his dad was also very good.

earp
S

Post by earp »

I agree with Pinkerman and Mcknight.I think they give both teams a fair shake and they generally let the kids decide the games.Doug Davis was also a good official in my opinion,Is he still around?Oh and Torrez for sure,He is probably the most famous official in the history of the Chesapeake vs Fairland rivalry.The "NO BASKET!CHARGE!"call at the Peake back in 1995. :razz:

Johnny Utah
Riding the Bench

Post by Johnny Utah »

Johnny Evans- from the southeast district is one of the best
Neal Knight does a good job...

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

In my opinion, some of the guys mentioned as the best are the worst on my list. I know it's a tough job and I'm not judging on the calls they make but more on how they are made. Too many guys who think they are the show instead of just being there to call the game.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

[quote="BlindWhiteHat"]In my opinion, some of the guys mentioned as the best are the worst on my list. I know it's a tough job and I'm not judging on the calls they make but more on how they are made. Too many guys who think they are the show instead of just being there to call the game.[/quote]

I seen about 3 or 4 on the names above that fit :shock:

Return to “Boys Basketball”