Hunnington vs Vinton Co @ Covo (Sat)

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Hunnington vs Vinton Co @ Covo (Sat)

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

I know both teams have tough games on Friday, but what are your thoughts on this one? Should be a great game IMO the best at the Covo on Sat. Dont know much about Hunington, but have heard they are a solid ball team. This should be a barnburner!!!!

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

I agree Blugrass this should be the best game at the Convo Sat. All I know about hunington is that this will be VC's toughest challenge of the young season.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

One thing at a time; got Belpre first!
GO VIKES

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

First off, its Huntington, not hunnington or hunington. Looking forward to this one as i will be at the convo watching this one. i promise you it will be worth the price of admission, both teams will most likely go into the game undefeated and Vinton County takes there however many game i think maybe 30? regular season game winning streak to the convo to take on the huntsmen. The Kellough twins are tough, but i dont know if huntington has anyone that can handle guthrie. Huntingtons guards win them this one as Grillo and Stewart and Allen cant handle the pressure put on by huntington. my prediction is

Huntington 65
Vinton County 62

MOBSTERMAN
Freshman Team

Post by MOBSTERMAN »

Dont know who wins
But it will be won in the final minute

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

I think the Vikings take this game easily. I hope Huntington can keep it close and make a game of it like some are saying but it will be a tough task against a very good Vinton County team.

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

What time is this one tippin off?

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

make up date?

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Vinton canceled they had to be closer than some of the other schools who showed up and played. The roads were not that bad. I was looking forward to watching these two teams.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

bucking red wrote:Vinton canceled they had to be closer than some of the other schools who showed up and played. The roads were not that bad. I was looking forward to watching these two teams.

Well, they did have a tough game with Belpre last night, so maybe some tired legs. That'd be rough to play the best opponent on the schedule on an afternoon following a league game the night before. There is a regular season winning streak to keep in mind. Unless Huntington is good, no one on the schedule is even remotely good enough to upset the Vikings. Maybe Waterford, but they are NY or Wellston with a 6'8" guy that can play added to the lineup.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Orestes - Nice analogy about H2OFord, except, they have two decent players, Cunningham and Hendershot. I'd take #40 from Waterford on my team anyday.

OK, Ross SE has to drive straight through Vinton County, to play a game, 3 hours before VC. They make it, just fine. All of the crappy weather had stopped well before the tip-off of the Ross Southeastern - Fairland game.

For VC not to show, well, they can explain it themselves, in a million different ways.

Believe me, the organizers of the event, as well as all of the people who drove from wherever, in the weather, were disappointed in VC's decision to not show up and play. I heard it all day.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
hoopin
Freshman Team

Post by hoopin »

I know at least half of the teams on today's schedule played last night as well, several of them traveling a long way for today's/tonight's game.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

This game was canceled by a mutual agreement between both schools. However, in Vinton County's situation it was the Transportation Director that initiated the call and was supported by the Principal and the Athletic Director. The Coaches who care about "tired legs" or "winning streaks" did NOT have a say in the decision. And to say otherwise is asinine and ignorant.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yeah.....no excuses IMO

SE went right through McCarthur. How about checking out a dopplar radar.

Now VC does cancel school fairly easity but with better reason as it is a very rural area.....but sporting-wise I see it differently. It was nasty for about 1 -1 1/2 hours...then nothing.

They really need to make up this game....it'll help both teams later on.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

You could see on the radar that the further east from U. S. 23 that you went, the precip was less.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Southeastern went through McArthur EARLIER, they were schedule to play at 2:15. The VC bus was schedule to leave at 2:30, at noon is when it really began to snow, dumping 2 inches on us. The powers to be waited for over an hour before the decision was made, in the meantime we were getting sleeting rain and the Sheriff's office reported 5 "accidents" on Vinton Countys' roads.

As I understand it this game will be made up, both schools want it to happen.

Sweet Pea
Freshman Team

Post by Sweet Pea »

hawk

that argument is getting weak....after last yr cancelling the toughest game on the schedule (and replacing it with the waverly christian school) and then doing the same this yr ---- when your schedule for a Division 2 school in this area is already weak year after year to begin with. (AGAIN this yr) ................ undefeated in the regular season only to lose in the sectional final or district semi's is not the way to schedule for a D II team in SE ohio!

everyone else played today - play the game when it is scheduled -NO excuse!

late
sweetpea

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I would like to think the AD and principal together had more say than the transportation director.

Forgot about the Waverly Christian school game last year...lol I loved that team picture!

Viking_Pride
Waterboy

Post by Viking_Pride »

Sweet Pea wrote:hawk

that argument is getting weak....after last yr cancelling the toughest game on the schedule (and replacing it with the waverly christian school) and then doing the same this yr ---- when your schedule for a Division 2 school in this area is already weak year after year to begin with. (AGAIN this yr) ................ undefeated in the regular season only to lose in the sectional final or district semi's is not the way to schedule for a D II team in SE ohio!

everyone else played today - play the game when it is scheduled -NO excuse!

late
sweetpea

Say what you want, but VC would have blown them out anyhow. I will say however, that the roads here in VC were down right sick and NO ONE should have been driving on them. THAT IS NOT AN EXCUSE!!! Geeeeeeeeez

Return to “Boys Basketball”