Division 3 Sectional Records

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Division 3 Sectional Records

Post by danicalifornia »

petesweaty wrote:Zane Trace has played well lately. Valley will have their hands full if Zane Trace gets past Southeastern for the third time.
Definitely. Surprised they slipped below NA. Tough draw for Valley.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: Division 3 Sectional Records

Post by Crab's Brother »

Crab's Brother wrote:1. Valley
2. Lynchburg
3. Adena
4. Westfall
5. Portsmouth
6. Zane Trace
7. Eastern
8. North Adams

Asking the SVC guys.....Do any of you feel if the top 2 are set (Valley - LC), that ZT would make a play at the 7 for the matchup with LC rather than playing Adena again? Do you think the SVC guys would want to play each other and ensure an SVC presence at the Convo, or attempt to set matchups to where 3 teams have a chance?

1. Fairland
2. Chesapeake
3. Wheelersburg
4. Alexander
5. Minford
6. Ironton
7. Wellston
8. Oak Hill

You can make the case for Wheelersburg at #2, but I would guess the OVC sticks together and gives Mark and his team another chance at a game they blew a few weeks ago.

These are my predictions for the seeds. And here is my guess for the District Semis:

1. Valley vs.5. Minford (Round 3)
2. Lynchburg (if ZT is the #6- If ZT is the #7 - I'll take them) vs. 3.Wheelersburg
6. ZT (If they are #7 I'll take Adena over Eastern) vs. 2. Chesapeake
5. Portsmouth vs 1. Fairland (Round 3)

Well only Eastern was able to crash the party as 7 of the top 8 seeds advance to next Sunday.

Having watched 4 of the championship games, I will say this about 2 of the teams in the Valley side of the bracket....I have not seen two teams all year that play as hard and as smart as Eastern and Alexander. Two very solid squads.

There is not a single "mismatch" in my opinion at the Convo next Sunday. The team that wins 3 in a row will be pretty prepared to play the East/Columbus team for the trip to the Schott.

Return to “Boys Basketball”