[=== SCORES ===] -- Tuesday Feb-26

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: [=== SCORES ===] -- Tuesday Feb-26

Post by Hoopie74 »

Fairfield vs ST.Joe. Fairfield was up 40-16 after 3. Ran spread offense and motion offense for the 4th quarter. Took 4 shots and no 3's. 13 points from the foul line in the 4th. Coach would have sat them on the bench if they took anything but a layup or a foul shot. Final 57-39 Congrats Lions for making it to the Convo.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

If you are completely just running away from your opponent, I wouldn't think that a coach would subject his own players to something that is bound to happen in situations like that. A lot of the time, that's when tempers start to flare, cheap shots happen, physical play gets even more physical. Very few people, even when you are getting dominated on the scoreboard, like to have there noses rubbed in it. The bad thing is that someone could get hurt, for no good reason at all.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:38 pm If you are completely just running away from your opponent, I wouldn't think that a coach would subject his own players to something that is bound to happen in situations like that. A lot of the time, that's when tempers start to flare, cheap shots happen, physical play gets even more physical. Very few people, even when you are getting dominated on the scoreboard, like to have there noses rubbed in it. The bad thing is that someone could get hurt, for no good reason at all.
This is my biggest concern when things like that happen as well. I've seen too many flagrant's/overly physical plays in situations like this that make it insanely obvious not to do it.

Not a hater, but like Ironman92, I just don't understand the logic in it and have seen things get ugly in situations similar to this in the past.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Hulk
Waterboy

Post by Hulk »

Gaining no respect from other coaches "imo" .
What goes around comes around ,but I understand new Boston has been on the other end of this for years ,but two wrongs don't make a right .good to see lil ole new Boston on top but do it right and with class.

Good luck against webster

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I am ok with full court press if that's who you are but it's easy to tell your players to just move your feet and don't try to play the ball, plus you have subs.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

They didn't press hardly at all in the 3rd.

Listen, it is his team and his program. He can do what he wants. East wasn't getting looks. They were gassed. They had two kids that could handle any type of ball pressure and both of them were worn out. It is what it is.

Like I said, I got quite an education sitting behind that bench. Stressing "run the set". Kid shoots a step back jumper. Kid gets pulled and told to "sit there if you want to do it your way. You won't play!" :12 later the kid was back in the game. A 26 point game late in the 3rd.

Just a lot to take in as a casual fan.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:02 pm 70+ coaches in the SE District...how many would press up by 28 with 4 min left? Let’s list them.
When that happens you foul their best player hard

Hulk
Waterboy

Post by Hulk »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:02 pm 70+ coaches in the SE District...how many would press up by 28 with 4 min left? Let’s list them.
No takers yet ? :lol:

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Hulk wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:05 pm
No takers yet ? :lol:
Doug Hale has done it many times in the past! LOL I know that is Girls Side but I've witnessed it!

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

South Point 58 Fairland 30!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”