Logan at Pickerington North

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Logan at Pickerington North

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Kory Henthorne is the best pick man I have ever seen. He put two guys on the rear ends tonight and has done that the whole season.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chieftain2009 wrote:Kory Henthorne is the best pick man I have ever seen. He put two guys on the rear ends tonight and has done that the whole season.
... Max Resler was the same way ... not as heavy as Kory H. but Max would set a pick the same way and the "pickee" would go down ...

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

The Chiefs played with a lot of heart tonight . Did not fold after a bad 2nd Q. Pick North lot more physical make up than the Chiefs and played that way. Do not know if the 2 week layoff hurt . Proud of the Purple Gang ! I think they will play a little different style next year with no true big man like Corey. Fun watching Corey this year and wish him the best .

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

They said in the pregame Coach Rider thought they needed the long layoff to rest up and it would benefit them.I wasn't there and couldn't tell if it was more North's defense or just bad shooting, but they did say Logan had a lot of problems with North's press.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

North pressed every time . Logan was more patient working the angles . 1 10 second count and did not see that as a factor. North was quick to the ball on our half court offense which IMO made it difficult to get good shots . Paper had Logan down for 14 TO which is not hateful . A great bunch of kids and the FAN IS PROUD OF THEM !!!!!.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Logan did well keeping it very slow pace. Got within 6 but Pick North is on another level than Logan. I thought after half North would win by 30 but Logan kept playing hard

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Good game plan and a good season, But close only counts in horseshoes and grenades!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

pfloyd wrote:
... Max Resler was the same way ... not as heavy as Kory H. but Max would set a pick the same way and the "pickee" would go down ...

Max was a grinder! His polite personality off the court disappeared once he stepped on it.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Pick North keeps rolling . Knocked off one of the top Teams in the Newark Wildcats on a last second 3 ball from Matt Lanier with 1.5 second to go 59 to 58 . Laniers only second shot made of the game . You do not have to score 20 points a game but you need to have the confidence of your Coach to knock down the game winner when the chips are down . Good job Matt! Logans ability to play with North with such a young team speaks loud and far !!!!!!!!!!! CENTRAL D1 IS BRUTAL!!!!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Even after watching Pick North play against us in the sectional, I didn't think they were this good! They are rolling right now.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

The Chiefs played a very good defensive game and limited them to 44 points . We were not patient enough on offense . They were quick to the ball which meant a lot of over play . We just hurried a lot of shots that were not good looks . That will be cleaned up I'm sure . Closing this chapter of hoops by saying enjoyed watching and look forward to 2017-2018 season .

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Pick North beat Upper Arlington (AP #6) last night by 20!!!! The Regional Final is all Pickerington, as Pick North plays Pick Central.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Yea 64 to 44 . Pick North will be hard for Central to beat 3 times in one year . Maybe we are not far off the Pace as some might think. Thanks 2009 for update. I thought Upper Arl. had a big time Ohio State recruit ?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Chieftain Fan wrote:Yea 64 to 44 . Pick North will be hard for Central to beat 3 times in one year . Maybe we are not far off the Pace as some might think. Thanks 2009 for update. I thought Upper Arl. had a big time Ohio State recruit ?
They do :roll:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Chieftain Fan wrote:Yea 64 to 44 . Pick North will be hard for Central to beat 3 times in one year . Maybe we are not far off the Pace as some might think. Thanks 2009 for update. I thought Upper Arl. had a big time Ohio State recruit ?
I think is has already committed.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Gezz I say Pick North is the real deal and get trolled by Logan people. North should hang around for three quarters but Central has too many d1 recruits and should pull away at the end

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Agree I think Central's talent will rise up and will be too much for North.North is better than I thought.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

It's awfully hard to beat a team three times in one season, especially a crosstown rival. With that being said, Central just too many good players.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

North should be there at the end . They will DO ANYTHING to WIN this one . It might be a knock down drag out . Central won both games by 7 and later at Central by 5. Should be a good one .

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Last I heard Central was killing them late in the 4th,place was sold out!

Return to “Boys Basketball”