Final: Chesapeake 63 Ironton 47 -- Regional Championship

chspanthers72
Riding the Bench

Re: Chesapeake vs. Ironton - Reg'l Championship - 3/20 @ 7:30PM

Post by chspanthers72 »

Doubleduece wrote:In my opinion, these two teams and Peebles were most deserving of a final four berth. Their body of work was great, each continued to get better as the season progressed, and both are coached well.

These are PROGRAMS, not two teams having a once in a lifetime season.

If Peake is finally going to get to the Schott, they better take care of business this year. Because, the next three years everything goes thru Ironton.

Also, this is Cincinnati Taft's championship to lose. They are loaded and will be the favorite in each game played.

Where do you get the idea this is the Peake's best shot. They return their three best players, and Ironton's Tim Kochendoerfer graduates this year. Chesapeake also has five freshman on this year's varsity. Just because they don't play doesn't mean they aren't good. Chesapeake's JV also beat Ironton's this year. Chesapeake just doesn't need to play their freshman.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

One of Ironton's top freshmen didn't get to play this year do to a football injury...while carter was on varsity when your jv's won...These kids are for real and aren't bench players...they are starters on next years team and will be along side of Malcolm Morton..and Waginger next season...I don't see many teams competing..

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Why isn't Waginger playing this year? He's a good player and for some reason he's not playing on the team. I am from Springfield Oh and watch and follow the teams down in the SE. I haven't been on the form as I like to just watch and listen to what everyone says. Why will he be back next year or what makes you think he will be back next year? Maybe he will do like his brother and go to SW. Just trying to get a feel of what the heck is going on in the SE. Thanks and good luck to I Town and the Peak.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

New pics by Kent Sanborn on the front page. Hit refresh if it does not load first time.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

I agree that everything "should" run through Ironton. Deon Brown didn't play this year because of an injury, think of how much better they would be with him. The big kid Trevor ? is only going to get better as well. Ironton will be loaded and I mean loaded the next 4 years. The good class Chesapeake had would have been beaten by 20-30 by Ironton imo. I think next year Chesapeake will be very good as well though.

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

I am going to apply a horse racing technique here for picking winners. Class rating.

It was a close game at the beginning of the season but I see the SEOAL as a tougher "class" to play through than the OVC is. I think that after "running" with the tougher horses, Ironton is better prepared.

Ironton by 3 in the first game and I think the SEOAL is a 10 point difference than the OVC, so that translates to a 13 point win this time for Ironton.

I hope it is much closer though!! And best of luck to both schools!!!!!!!

One other prediction...........the refs will be "horrible" according to BOTH sets of fans simply because I have not heard anyone say a game was officiated fairly throughout the tournament.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

knightruner wrote:Why isn't Waginger playing this year? He's a good player and for some reason he's not playing on the team. I am from Springfield Oh and watch and follow the teams down in the SE. I haven't been on the form as I like to just watch and listen to what everyone says. Why will he be back next year or what makes you think he will be back next year? Maybe he will do like his brother and go to SW. Just trying to get a feel of what the heck is going on in the SE. Thanks and good luck to I Town and the Peak.

Not his brother his cousin. And I don't see him playing bball next year. No he won't transfer because he wants to be the QB for the Tigers next year.

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

Any chance this game is being broadcast on the internet? No radio reception at work.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

frank-n-beans wrote:Any chance this game is being broadcast on the internet? No radio reception at work.

Should be web cast here:

http://www.foxsports1230.com/cc-common/ ... l?world=st

http://www.foxsports1230.com/pages/scores.html

chspanthers72
Riding the Bench

Post by chspanthers72 »

frank-n-beans wrote:Any chance this game is being broadcast on the internet? No radio reception at work.

If you are a Peake fan look here wrwbam.com then push the listen live button.

chspanthers72
Riding the Bench

Post by chspanthers72 »

sprinter14 wrote:I am going to apply a horse racing technique here for picking winners. Class rating.

It was a close game at the beginning of the season but I see the SEOAL as a tougher "class" to play through than the OVC is. I think that after "running" with the tougher horses, Ironton is better prepared.

Ironton by 3 in the first game and I think the SEOAL is a 10 point difference than the OVC, so that translates to a 13 point win this time for Ironton.

I hope it is much closer though!! And best of luck to both schools!!!!!!!

One other prediction...........the refs will be "horrible" according to BOTH sets of fans simply because I have not heard anyone say a game was officiated fairly throughout the tournament.

However Chesapeake played a hard out of conference. Beating at least two schools four times larger than them.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

IRONTON coming back, just behind by 9 (30-39) right now, was a lot worse !!!!!

5:21 3rd quarter

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Chesapeake 55-44 with around 2:34 remaining.

Ironton has not led in this game.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

looks as if the peake will be making their first ever trip to the final four......

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

:58 remaining and Chesapeake 57-47.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Congrats Peake......you deserve it................so many close calls............FINALLY................ good luck

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Copley only has 9 points.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

biggdowgg wrote:looks as if the peake will be making their first ever trip to the final four......

NORM leaves and look what happens !!!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

have to be honest,I really thought Ironton would be playing in the state Championship game, they have so much talent on that team....

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Chesapeake 60 Ironton 47 - :30 remaining and Copley headed to the line.

Return to “Boys Basketball”