Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #3 (SEOPS HO...HO HO Edition)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #3 (SEOPS HO...HO HO Edition)

Post by pfloyd »

Vinton County @ Zane Trace tonight - Thursday 12/27

... Coach Combs' Vikings are 3-2 ... losing to Athens by 3, & to Alexander by 1 - so the Vikes have been in ALL of their games ... it will be interesting to see how the Vikings deal with both size/athleticism/speed/strength , a Pioneer team built on defense ... tough match up for VC ... for Zane Trace it's probably a great time to take on the Vikings - at home, vs a team that will be similar to the Logan Elm ball club coming in to ZT on Saturday - quick/not big size wise (1 player of 6-5ish size in Eli Griffith for VC is more aggressive than 6-5ish Watson for LE) ... going up against a team in VC which can shoot the 3 ball - Body/Arbaugh/Montgomery (Wietlemann/Ward/Sailor for LE) ... guards who can get into the paint Arthur/Hitte for VC (everyone for LE) ... bottom line ZT is favored in the VC & LE games this week but the Pioneers will go against two big time coaching strategists in Coach Combs and Coach Stiverson ... hoping to get good rundowns of these games by posters ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #3 (SEOPS HO...HO HO Edition)

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:54 am Vinton County @ Zane Trace tonight - Thursday 12/27

... Coach Combs' Vikings are 3-2 ... losing to Athens by 3, & to Alexander by 1 - so the Vikes have been in ALL of their games ... it will be interesting to see how the Vikings deal with both size/athleticism/speed/strength , a Pioneer team built on defense ... tough match up for VC ... for Zane Trace it's probably a great time to take on the Vikings - at home, vs a team that will be similar to the Logan Elm ball club coming in to ZT on Saturday - quick/not big size wise (1 player of 6-5ish size in Eli Griffith for VC is more aggressive than 6-5ish Watson for LE) ... going up against a team in VC which can shoot the 3 ball - Body/Arbaugh/Montgomery (Wietlemann/Ward/Sailor for LE) ... guards who can get into the paint Arthur/Hitte for VC (everyone for LE) ... bottom line ZT is favored in the VC & LE games this week but the Pioneers will go against two big time coaching strategists in Coach Combs and Coach Stiverson ... hoping to get good rundowns of these games by posters ...
If it were at VC I wouldn’t be surprised if the Viking found a way to win this game....at ZT will be maybe a 8-12 point win

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Coal Grove 83 vs St Joe CC 51 final
Wheelersburg 81 vs East Palistine 24
St Charles 58 vs FU 49

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Vinton County 52 (without Eli Griffith)
Zane Trace 65 final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Southern 58
Ravenswood 37 final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Circleville 52
Westfall 44

Miami Trace picks up their 1st win of the season - nice !

Miami Trace 56
Greenview 48 final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Some good games on the menu for tomorrow 12/28:

Eastern vs Waverly
Western vs Piketon
Logan vs Gallia Academy
Warren vs Whitehall Yearling
Minford vs Alexander
East Liverpool vs Wheelersburg
Dublin Jerome vs Fairland
Adena vs McClain
Jackson vs Unioto

... I'm sure there's more but those are the ones I know off the top of my head from the different threads going now ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... is the Portsmouth West score I have a boys score or girls score from tonight ?

Portsmouth West 22
Bethel Tate 50 final

... Bethel Tate is not on the boys schedule but IS on the girls for today BUT I saw on the Holiday Tournament thread that West WAS playing in a holiday tournament AND playing Bethel Tate 12/27 and Ripley tomorrow night 12/28 ... any help would be appreciated on this one ...

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:15 pm ... is the Portsmouth West score I have a boys score or girls score from tonight ?

Portsmouth West 22
Bethel Tate 50 final

... Bethel Tate is not on the boys schedule but IS on the girls for today BUT I saw on the Holiday Tournament thread that West WAS playing in a holiday tournament AND playing Bethel Tate 12/27 and Ripley tomorrow night 12/28 ... any help would be appreciated on this one ...
That was the girls final. Boys final was

Portsmouth West 62
Bethel Tate 37

Loyal Loyal to The West Side
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:18 pm
pfloyd wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:15 pm ... is the Portsmouth West score I have a boys score or girls score from tonight ?

Portsmouth West 22
Bethel Tate 50 final

That was the girls final. Should have remembered the boys final but something along the lines of...

Portsmouth West 70
Bethel Tate 50
... thanks C34C34 ! the boys WILL play again tomorrow night vs Ripley ?

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:20 pm
Cameron34Crazie34 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:18 pm

Portsmouth West 22
Bethel Tate 50 final

That was the girls final. Should have remembered the boys final but something along the lines of...

Portsmouth West 70
Bethel Tate 50
... thanks C34C34 ! the boys WILL play again tomorrow night vs Ripley ?
Yes sir. 6pm tip-off

Loyal Loyal to The West Side
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Thank you and good luck to the West Siders vs a really good Ripley squad ...

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:58 pm Some good games on the menu for tomorrow 12/28:

Eastern vs Waverly
Western vs Piketon
Logan vs Gallia Academy
Warren vs Whitehall Yearling
Minford vs Alexander
East Liverpool vs Wheelersburg
Dublin Jerome vs Fairland
Adena vs McClain
Jackson vs Unioto

... I'm sure there's more but those are the ones I know off the top of my head from the different threads going now ...
At MIT tournament at Manchester.12-28 ,Peebles Boys vs West Union, then North Adams Vs Manchester Boys. Consolation and
the championship on Saturday the 29th.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thursday night result:

Southern - 58
Ravenswood - 37

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

The Miami Trace v Greenview a girls or guys game?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Busy week for you pfloyd, hope your spending some time with mama!

CGHornet55
Freshman Team

Post by CGHornet55 »

Coal Grove beat Huntington St. Joe 83-51 last night. I'm guessing HSJ is very down. Coal Grove was leading 50-13 at the half.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mattash wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:06 am The Miami Trace v Greenview a girls or guys game?
... good question "I THOUGHT" thought it was the boys - as it is listed on the Scorestream scoreboard as boys varsity BUT they also have Oak Hill vs River Valley as a boys score but when you check the schedules it is a girls game ... I'm soooooo confused LOL ... I need a newspaper score LOL ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:55 am
mattash wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:06 am The Miami Trace v Greenview a girls or guys game?
... good question "I THOUGHT" thought it was the boys - as it is listed on the Scorestream scoreboard as boys varsity BUT they also have Oak Hill vs River Valley as a boys score but when you check the schedules it is a girls game ... I'm soooooo confused LOL ... I need a newspaper score LOL ...
... I went to the Highland County Press website ... it has THE boys score as what I posted and then a different score for the girls/with the girls game played on the 26th boys game on the 27th ... sooooooooooo I trust the HIghland County Press sports editor Steve Forsha (he does a great job/has ALWAYS done a great job over there) ... I will stick with MT getting their first W of the season 56-48 over Greenview to go to 1-7 on the season ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:05 am
pfloyd wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:55 am
... I went to the Highland County Press website ... it has THE boys score as what I posted and then a different score for the girls/with the girls game played on the 26th boys game on the 27th ... sooooooooooo I trust the HIghland County Press sports editor Steve Forsha (he does a great job/has ALWAYS done a great job over there) ... I will stick with MT getting their first W of the season 56-48 over Greenview to go to 1-7 on the season ...
Boys. I double checked with @mt_athletics on the Twitter and it was confirmed on there. Congrats to the Panthers!

Return to “Boys Basketball”