bman
SEO

Re: Division 2 Tournament Southeastern

Post by bman »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:48 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:29 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:09 pm

You play Lancaster?

On our matchup with you guys we play Miami Trace that Friday and are towards the end of a 7 out of 8 games on the road

Only 8 home games sucks
Yes that is brutal only 8 home games . No offense but I am glad you guys are coming to Athens this year. Last year when we barely pulled out the win at Jackson you didn’t have Donaldson that game. He is a game changer. This years contest is shaping up to be a good one the way both teams are playing so far. We have Lancaster and Wood County Christian as new additions but no Logan Elm.
I’ll be writing the same thing if/when the “Lancaster/Athens” thread opens up, but win or lose there’s nothing to be concluded from the game vs Lancaster. Lancaster just has a laundry list of issues with their team and program. They just lost 33-43 to Philo last night.

Lancaster is probably the sixth or seventh best team in Fairfield County, yet they’re the largest school in the county.
Lancaster has no business playing Philo in the first place. It's embarrassing when you schedule a win and lose to them by 10 points. What's even more embarrassing is they're playing two crappy Division IV schools. I understand they're trying to schedule some wins competing in the rugged OCC-Ohio, but find some horrible D1 schools and play them.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I still think this will be the toughest sectional in SE Ohio this year. If I had to predict today how the draw will end up next month, I'd guess when it's all said and done it ends up like this:

1.) Jackson
2.) Zane Trace
3.) Gallipolis
4.) McClain
5.) Washington CH
6.) Unioto
7.) Waverly
8.) Hillsboro
9.) Miami Trace
10.) River Valley

Gallia has an abundance of home games left so I see them making a move back towards the top of this sectional. McClain and WCH could flip flop, but I think they'll end up in the 4-5 matchup one way or another. Unioto is playing better and I could see them making a push for the #5 seed but they still have plenty of tough matchups left so we'll have to see how they perform.

I'd venture to say the #1 seed facing the #8 or #9 is the only "easy" game to get to the Convo, but even that game could be somewhat dangerous..... just not as dangerous as all the other matchups.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

WARNING: Off topic apologies in advance.

Does anyone know if Chillicothe will drop back down to D2 next year? I have zero idea how that all works other than the basics of how it is calculated.
With Noel and Maughmer being seniors next year would be great for them to be able to make it to the convo instead of a D1 juggernaut.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:54 am WARNING: Off topic apologies in advance.

Does anyone know if Chillicothe will drop back down to D2 next year? I have zero idea how that all works other than the basics of how it is calculated.
With Noel and Maughmer being seniors next year would be great for them to be able to make it to the convo instead of a D1 juggernaut.
This was mentioned in another thread and it looks as if Chillicothe will remain D1. They were pretty comfortably above the line so I don't see them losing enough in the next count to drop down.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:54 am WARNING: Off topic apologies in advance.

D1 minimum is 362 boys. At the last count, Chillicothe was at 387...but their competitive balance number was 42, so they weren’t even close. Dropping off 25 boys is hard enough, but that CB number is really high and I could see it not dropping drastically enough to make a difference. They also have more kids coming in the HS than are graduating, so that hurts as well.

I hope they drop since I like all that are involved in their program, but I’m just not sure if it will happen.

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:25 am I still think this will be the toughest sectional in SE Ohio this year. If I had to predict today how the draw will end up next month, I'd guess when it's all said and done it ends up like this:

1.) Jackson
2.) Zane Trace
3.) Gallipolis
4.) McClain
5.) Washington CH
6.) Unioto
7.) Waverly
8.) Hillsboro
9.) Miami Trace
10.) River Valley

Gallia has an abundance of home games left so I see them making a move back towards the top of this sectional. McClain and WCH could flip flop, but I think they'll end up in the 4-5 matchup one way or another. Unioto is playing better and I could see them making a push for the #5 seed but they still have plenty of tough matchups left so we'll have to see how they perform.

I'd venture to say the #1 seed facing the #8 or #9 is the only "easy" game to get to the Convo, but even that game could be somewhat dangerous..... just not as dangerous as all the other matchups.

Very nice rankings. These are my rankings as of right now.

1. Zane Trace
2. McClain
3. Jackson
4. WCH
5. Gallia
6. Waverly
7. Unioto
8. Hillsboro
9. Miami Trace
10. River Valley

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

McClain loses at Western Brown

Washington beats Adena

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

Zane Trace 10-2
Jackson 9-2
McClain 9-3
Washington CH 7-3
Gallipolis 6-3
Waverly 7-4
Unioto 6-5
Hillsboro 4-8
River Valley 1-8
Miami Trace 1-10

**Gallia - No Loveday
** Courthouse - No Stewart for next two games

Next 3 games

Zane Trace - Unioto, Johnstown Monroe, Paint Valley
Jackson - Mcclain, Fairland, Wheelersburg
Mcclain - Jackson, Unioto, Circleville
Courthouse - Hillsboro, Grandview heights, Waverly,
Gallipolis - Fairland, Portsmouth, Chesapeake
Waverly- South Webster, Alexander, Courthouse
Unioto - Zane Trace, Mcclain, Miami Trace
HIllsboro - Courthouse, Fairfield, Jackson
River Valley - Meigs, Point pleasant, Athens
Miami Trace - Chillicothe, Unioto, Mcclain

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Some years there are one or two teams that are clearly the strongest teams in this sectional. I don't get that feeling this year at least not so far. Probably the least amount of difference in teams one through seven as we've seen in some time.

Zane Trace deserves the one seed. Impressive win over Chillicothe. Kinda strange that they only beat Piketon by two. Let's see how Gallia does without Loveday.

The second half of the season should be interesting!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

ZT does get a lot of push from that Chillicothe win

There’s another team that beat Chillicothe and McClain on this list.

Adena is the second best team in the SVC this year and they have been beaten by 2 of the three teams just below ZT as well.

I don’t think it’s obvious they are the 1 seed. I will agree they have a good shot at it.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

toast wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:52 am Some years there are one or two teams that are clearly the strongest teams in this sectional. I don't get that feeling this year at least not so far. Probably the least amount of difference in teams one through seven as we've seen in some time.

Zane Trace deserves the one seed. Impressive win over Chillicothe. Kinda strange that they only beat Piketon by two. Let's see how Gallia does without Loveday.

The second half of the season should be interesting!
Let’s see how ZT does against Johnstown before crowning them. The SVC isn’t very good this year, so they aren’t being all that challenged there. They also lost to McClain. They aren’t beating Gahanna, but Chillicothe was punished 2 years ago for scheduling losses, so we’ll see if ZT is as well.

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

ZT definitely has the toughest schedule compared to Jackson and Greenfield. I don’t think it is close when you play teams like Gahanna Lincoln, Johnstown Monroe, Chillicothe , Hilliard Davidson , @ Ironton, Vinton County , Logan Elm.... i think that you all get my point. Their schedule is so much harder than Greenfield and Jackson’s . Just my opinion. So they may get beat by a Johnstown or Gahanna & get penalized if they lose. But i am certain that Jackson and Greenfield would struggle if not lose to some of the teams that I mentioned. No one is crowning anyone a number 1 seed just yet but as of right now they are at the top. My opinion.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Spartan12 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:37 pm ZT definitely has the toughest schedule compared to Jackson and Greenfield. I don’t think it is close when you play teams like Gahanna Lincoln, Johnstown Monroe, Chillicothe , Hilliard Davidson , @ Ironton, Vinton County , Logan Elm.... i think that you all get my point. Their schedule is so much harder than Greenfield and Jackson’s . Just my opinion. So they may get beat by a Johnstown or Gahanna & get penalized if they lose. But i am certain that Jackson and Greenfield would struggle if not lose to some of the teams that I mentioned. No one is crowning anyone a number 1 seed just yet but as of right now they are at the top. My opinion.
If that’s the case then ZT shouldn’t have any trouble getting out of the sectional, regardless of their seeding

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

mlittle wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm
Spartan12 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:37 pm ZT definitely has the toughest schedule compared to Jackson and Greenfield. I don’t think it is close when you play teams like Gahanna Lincoln, Johnstown Monroe, Chillicothe , Hilliard Davidson , @ Ironton, Vinton County , Logan Elm.... i think that you all get my point. Their schedule is so much harder than Greenfield and Jackson’s . Just my opinion. So they may get beat by a Johnstown or Gahanna & get penalized if they lose. But i am certain that Jackson and Greenfield would struggle if not lose to some of the teams that I mentioned. No one is crowning anyone a number 1 seed just yet but as of right now they are at the top. My opinion.
If that’s the case then ZT shouldn’t have any trouble getting out of the sectional, regardless of their seeding
All I am saying is that they have the toughest schedule and are the number 1 seed right now. Do you not agree?

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

What are each team’s best road win?

Anyone can win at home

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

Ed Ott wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:46 pm What are each team’s best road win?

Anyone can win at home
😂

Yea, anyone can win at home.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Spartan12 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:45 pm
All I am saying is that they have the toughest schedule and are the number 1 seed right now. Do you not agree?
I think by season end it will be ZT and Jackson 1 and 2. I’m not sure who the better team is. We’ve played them both. No question that ZT has a tough non conference schedule tho.

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

mlittle wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:50 pm
Spartan12 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:45 pm

I think by season end it will be ZT and Jackson 1 and 2. I’m not sure who the better team is. We’ve played them both. No question that ZT has a tough non conference schedule tho.
I agree.

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

If Greenfield can beat Jackson @ Jackson (but I don’t think it will happen) then it may end up ZT and Greenfield. But if I’m not mistaken Jackson has the easiest schedule left of the 3 because they do not play Chillicothe until Feb 10. They do go to DBurg which will be a very good game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Spartan12 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:55 pm If Greenfield can beat Jackson @ Jackson (but I don’t think it will happen) then it may end up ZT and Greenfield. But if I’m not mistaken Jackson has the easiest schedule left of the 3 because they do not play Chillicothe until Feb 10. They do go to DBurg which will be a very good game.
At Wheelersburg
At Washington CH
At Athens
At Waverly
vs Chillicothe 2/9

Piece of cake....they are like 40-13 and we get them all but 1 on the road and also must play Greenfield Friday and then face Fairland (in Chesapeake) at noon the next day

That’s the easiest schedule?

Return to “Boys Basketball”