Wheelersburg @ Waverly, Friday, 2/1/19

JTEK
All State

Re: Wheelersburg @ Waverly, Friday, 2/1/19

Post by JTEK »

Sport Fan wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:34 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:01 pm Schartzel is the best ref in the area by a mile
Good or not so good refs , that is what it is , my problem with a few of them today is how the stare down a kid after they make a call , and telling them to get their smile off of their face , sad these are kids , the adult should make the call and move on period ..
I agree
The best officials in all sports are the ones that you don’t notice.
Too many today like all eyes on them. Want to let the fans , players and coaches know they are in control.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

No .... kids do not have the right to smile and try to show up people of authority. During the game, the “Officials” are an authority figure along with the coaches. When kids, parents and fans think players are allowed to act that way .... that is called “Entitlement”!! We need to quit encouraging kids to feel they are “Entitled”.

Posters .... “Do not eat the Rat Poison”. Some posters get upset that Wheelersburg posters whine about officiating, people hating them, others picking on their kids, etc. But that is simply their way of justifying their team’s actions. I think Wheelersburg fans would be really disappointed if they knew how insignificant Wheelersburg is to other communities. Most of the time people could care less about Wheelersburg unless they are playing against them that week.

We always hearfrom Burg posters .... “Wheelersburg gets everybody best shots!” Not true ... every school gets the other teams best shot on game night! But by saying “We get their best shot” .... that makes them feel important. Wheelersburg is not any more important than any other school. (Of course Wheelersburg fans will argue that point!! Again ... “We are important!”

But by stating officials, other fans, other coaches, etc. don’t like Wheelersburg then in their minds they are more important than all the other teams.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:05 pm No .... kids do not have the right to smile and try to show up people of authority. During the game, the “Officials” are an authority figure along with the coaches. When kids, parents and fans think players are allowed to act that way .... that is called “Entitlement”!! We need to quit encouraging kids to feel they are “Entitled”.

Posters .... “Do not eat the Rat Poison”. Some posters get upset that Wheelersburg posters whine about officiating, people hating them, others picking on their kids, etc. But that is simply their way of justifying their team’s actions. I think Wheelersburg fans would be really disappointed if they knew how insignificant Wheelersburg is to other communities. Most of the time people could care less about Wheelersburg unless they are playing against them that week.

We always hearfrom Burg posters .... “Wheelersburg gets everybody best shots!” Not true ... every school gets the other teams best shot on game night! But by saying “We get their best shot” .... that makes them feel important. Wheelersburg is not any more important than any other school. (Of course Wheelersburg fans will argue that point!! Again ... “We are important!”

But by stating officials, other fans, other coaches, etc. don’t like Wheelersburg then in their minds they are more important than all the other teams.
No offense but your post is ridiculous. He didn’t say it was justified. And by the way the ref is the example. He surely doesn’t need to stare down a kid. Enforce the rules, yes but be heard not seen.

Furthermore It’s just a game and has no bearing on an entire community. Burg is the best of backing up their kids. If that’s offensive, then so be it.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Lol!!! Thanks ... You prove my point!! Lol!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I’m sorry that offends you.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Not offended at all .... actually encouraged that you would help prove my point!!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I’ve never heard someone whine about the refs for a 23 point win. I couldn’t imagine the meltdown when Harvest Prep beats Burg again

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Well I tried to push other threads TTT to get this one to die but..................
Only Wheelersburg fans could keep a thread going for 10 pages, complaining about officiating in a game they won by 23 points last week. Do you guys have a game this week to talk about?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

We talkin about refs. Not the game....Not the game. Not the game...we talkin about refs. Not the game. Not the game they go out there and die for, the game they go out there and play like it’s their last. Not the game...we talkin about refs. We talking about refs. Refs, we talking about refs. Refs, refs, not the game. Refs, refs. C’mon man.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I’ll lock the thread. People get offended by burg posters and their opinions. Some just can’t handle it.

Return to “Boys Basketball”