SE

Re: [=== SCORES ===] -- Saturday Feb-02

Post by art_vandelay »

South Webster over Clay by a score of 58-37.*

Local legend
Waterboy

Post by Local legend »

Don’t quite remember the score of the VC/Courthouse game but it was an ugly one. Trafford Dunn had a putback basket with about a second or so left on the clock to send it to overtime, the ball was going through the basket as the buzzer goes off and they called it off. Then the courthouse basketball team tried to go to center court and do something, I’m not sure what but the VC fans were not happy.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Final

Unioto 57
McClain 53

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:17 pm Unioto
McIain
?????
Unioto 57
McClain 53

Final

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Post by metwct44 »

Piketon 50
Manchester 47
Final

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Local legend wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:19 pm Don’t quite remember the score of the VC/Courthouse game but it was an ugly one. Trafford Dunn had a putback basket with about a second or so left on the clock to send it to overtime, the ball was going through the basket as the buzzer goes off and they called it off. Then the courthouse basketball team tried to go to center court and do something, I’m not sure what but the VC fans were not happy.
All three officials waive it off or did they discuss it??

Local legend
Waterboy

Post by Local legend »

smurray wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:24 pm
Local legend wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:19 pm Don’t quite remember the score of the VC/Courthouse game but it was an ugly one. Trafford Dunn had a putback basket with about a second or so left on the clock to send it to overtime, the ball was going through the basket as the buzzer goes off and they called it off. Then the courthouse basketball team tried to go to center court and do something, I’m not sure what but the VC fans were not happy.
One waived it, and they discussed for a minute but ended up waiving it off. But as a neutral fan just coming back to watch a basketball game, it seemed he had gotten it off clearly in time. There was a shot with about 5 seconds left, Dunn got the rebound with about 1.5-2 seconds left and went straight back up with it.

Local legend
Waterboy

Post by Local legend »

Local legend wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:31 pm
smurray wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:24 pm
One waived it, and they discussed for a minute but ended up waiving it off. But as a neutral fan just coming back to watch a basketball game, it seemed he had gotten it off clearly in time. There was a shot with about 5 seconds left, Dunn got the rebound with about 1.5-2 seconds left and went straight back up with it.
Also, the final ended up being 44-42

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Who won the game ? Not everyone knows who Trafford Dunn plays for. Plus you're saying the WCH players were upset, and the VC fans were not happy.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Correction

Unioto 57
McClain 55

Final

Local legend
Waterboy

Post by Local legend »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:39 pm Who won the game ? Not everyone knows who Trafford Dunn plays for. Plus you're saying the WCH players were upset, and the VC fans were not happy.
VC lost, & I never said the courthouse players were upset, after the game they all ran to centercourt trying to do something. I don’t know what they were attempting to do until some of their coaches tried to pull them off the court while others tried to get them to stay. VC fans were upset that the Courthouse team was trying to do some sort of celebration after the players had already shook hands on their center court

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

Courthouse won the game. i have no bias towards any team but court house went to go to half court after shaking hands with VC and seemed to like dance and rub it in the face of vc. the game was chippy and very physical all night so the tension was high. they did not stay on half court long before going to the locker room. after this happened one of Court House's coaches came back out and seem to clap and cheer in the face of VC fans. overall it was an ugly scene and honestly one of the worst things I have ever seen at a High school sporting event

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Local legend wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:45 pm
VetteMan wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:39 pm Who won the game ? Not everyone knows who Trafford Dunn plays for. Plus you're saying the WCH players were upset, and the VC fans were not happy.
VC lost, & I never said the courthouse players were upset, after the game they all ran to centercourt trying to do something. I don’t know what they were attempting to do until some of their coaches tried to pull them off the court while others tried to get them to stay. VC fans were upset that the Courthouse team was trying to do some sort of celebration after the players had already shook hands on their center court
Thank you ! I totally misunderstood what you were saying, my mistake.

Local legend
Waterboy

Post by Local legend »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:50 pm
Local legend wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:45 pm
Thank you ! I totally misunderstood what you were saying, my mistake.
No problem! Sorry, after reading through again I guess my analysis was a little all over the place, and I probably could have been a little more clear on things.

Return to “Boys Basketball”