Fairfield Union 42 Miami Trace 40 (2017 Convo)

hateraid
Varsity

Re: Convo: 3/10 #1 Miami Trace vs. #2 Fairfield Union

Post by hateraid »

I think FU slows the pace and controls the game. I look for them to get the "w" in this years rematch. I look for a similar game as last year, with FU coming out on top.

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 »

MT won't have a full fan base Friday because the girls won tonight and play Friday night also in the Regional Finals in Zanesville.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

MTRay23 wrote:MT won't have a full fan base Friday because the girls won tonight and play Friday night also in the Regional Finals in Zanesville.
I wish the OHSAA would realize that for a small community these are big events and flex the schedule a little bit. No reason why girls regional final couldn't be played on Saturday.

Logan Elm ran into this several years back with volleyball in the Final Four in Dayton and football playing a regional semifinal game on the same night in Hilliard.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Boys moved to Saturday at 4:00. Fan base won't be split. It usually takes a request from the AD and if it can be accommodated it is.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Bball4
Waterboy

Post by Bball4 »

They shouldn't have moved the boys game!! Sorry to be that way but it's not right for everybody in the Fairfield Union district to have to change their plans.

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 »

Bball4 wrote:They shouldn't have moved the boys game!! Sorry to be that way but it's not right for everybody in the Fairfield Union district to have to change their plans.
If it was reversed, I wouldn't think anyone would have a problem with it. But imo they should've just moved the girls' game to Saturday because the other side of the brackets regional final is on Saturday

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

District Level games are easier to switch then Regional Level Games. District Games are governed by the SE district Board of Controls. Regional games are State Level. Less of a Chain of Command and Hoops to jump through. :D

Bball4
Waterboy

Post by Bball4 »

MTRay23 wrote:
Bball4 wrote:They shouldn't have moved the boys game!! Sorry to be that way but it's not right for everybody in the Fairfield Union district to have to change their plans.
If it was reversed, I wouldn't think anyone would have a problem with it. But imo they should've just moved the girls' game to Saturday because the other side of the brackets regional final is on Saturday
You are correct about moving the girls game. That game was played last night to move MT girls in to the regionals. I do understand people wanting to see both games but I feel that the girls game should have been moved instead.
Who ever wins the boys game does loose one additional day of preparation for the next game. Where as the girls game being moved would just have put them on the same schedule as the other girls regional.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

The tendency is to always move the game played at the lower level of tournament play.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Welp, that sucks. I'll no longer be able to be there. No idea why this game was moved. I am all for MT fan base being able to be at both games, as we at fu would want the same, but the girls game should have been moved. Ugh, blows.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Falcon01 wrote:Welp, that sucks. I'll no longer be able to be there. No idea why this game was moved. I am all for MT fan base being able to be at both games, as we at fu would want the same, but the girls game should have been moved. Ugh, blows.
So it's okay to output the fans of the team the girls are playing but not the fans of the boys teams?
They make plans as well.
It is what it is.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Falcon01 wrote:Welp, that sucks. I'll no longer be able to be there. No idea why this game was moved. I am all for MT fan base being able to be at both games, as we at fu would want the same, but the girls game should have been moved. Ugh, blows.
So it's okay to output the fans of the team the girls are playing but not the fans of the boys teams?
They make plans as well.
It is what it is.
Is that teams boys team also playing that day?? The girls moving only puts it on the same day as the other regional games. This isn't hard to understand. It's not a big deal, just selfishly sucks for me.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

The one thing that hasn't been brought up is the fact that if you move the boys game to Saturday it Doesn't change anything for the workers at the district site --- makes Friday shorter and Saturday longer but they were always on schedule to be worked.

If you move the girls game then you also change Everyone at Zanesvilles schedules and introduces another moving part. The Regional Final is much harder to switch if you think from that perspective.

Think of all the people it requires: Parking, tickets, door, security, custodial, scorekeepers, etc...
Last edited by LucasDavenport on Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

LucasDavenport wrote:The one thing that hasn't been brought up is the fact that if you move the boys game to Saturday it Doesn't change anything for the workers at the district site --- makes Friday shorter and Saturday longer but they were always on schedule to be worked.

If you move the girls game then you also change Everyone at Zanesvilles schedules and introduces another moving part. The Regional Final is much harder to switch if you think from that perspective.
That's also true, and in the end it's not a big deal. Good luck to the MT girls. I think they'll handle TV.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I understand your frustration-- just trying to help

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

LucasDavenport wrote:I understand your frustration-- just trying to help
Oh I'm totally just being selfish. The kids will be just fine playing on Saturday.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Totally understand. And the truth is disarming.

I would believe MTs AD touched base with the SEODAB after the boys won on Thursday 3/2. The girls were in the Regionals and he knew if they won last night there would be a conflict. They waited until after last nights game to pull the trigger.

This probably didn't happen just this morning. Moved too quick. And FU agrees in case they need help in the future.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Nice job by the SEODAB, Miami Trace and Fairfield Union. MT fans should be able to enjoy both games.

Bud07
Freshman Team

Re: Convo: 3/11 (4PM) #1 Miami Trace vs. #2 Fairfield Union

Post by Bud07 »

Is anyone excited for this game?

falconbball
Riding the Bench

Re: Convo: 3/11 (4PM) #1 Miami Trace vs. #2 Fairfield Union

Post by falconbball »

Bud07 wrote:Is anyone excited for this game?
yes sir!! Go Falcons

Return to “Boys Basketball”