#1 Clay(81) @ (42)#9 Manchester

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: D4 2/28 #1 Clay vs. #8 Western/#9 Manchester (Northwest)

Post by Hoopie74 »

EPN wrote:Apparently I did jinx them... wow.. I didn't see this one coming , This had to b a disappointing season for Western, with all the success of last year , and returning a lot from that team .
Western started out the season with some strong wins , at East, Eastern Pike , and Peebles , but didn't play very well over the second half of the season , maybe some Western fans have some reasons as to why the struggles they have had and then this early exit, I thought Western would have more success than they did this year .
The first game of the year these two teams played in a game that ended the same but with Western winning by hitting free throws late and Manchester missing them. Manchester has been getting better as the year goes on. Now are they good enough to for Clay? I'm saying Clay by 14.

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Well , I am not making any predictions!!!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

EPN wrote:Well , I am not making any predictions!!!
That's probably wise for all of us.haha!

Tigerfan92
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan92 »

EPN wrote:Apparently I did jinx them... wow.. I didn't see this one coming , This had to b a disappointing season for Western, with all the success of last year , and returning a lot from that team .
Western started out the season with some strong wins , at East, Eastern Pike , and Peebles , but didn't play very well over the second half of the season , maybe some Western fans have some reasons as to why the struggles they have had and then this early exit, I thought Western would have more success than they did this year .
After I heard the score of the Eastern/Western game at Eastern and also watching Western knock off the Eagles in the county tourney, I thought Western would make another run this season. I was at the game tonight and Western's offense looked out of sync all night. Too much forcing of shots and no patience on offense. Also, no pressure on the guards out front and way to much switching in man to man. I would also say Bryce Brewster took less than 5 shots the whole game. He came out in the 1st quarter(not sure why), and he never seemed to get in rhythm the whole night. Way to good of player to not get him involved. I follow all the county teams in tournaments and thought Pike County had a good chance to 4 teams to the Convo. But after the Clay draw and the way Western was playing tonight I doubt if they would have won the one next week even if they could have pulled it out tonight. Sometimes teams peak too early. Probably was the case with Western this year. A lot of kids return, only 1 senior. Good luck next year.

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

The Panthers on a 17 game win streak. Playing well the second half of the season. Rebound and keep key players out of foul trouble and they should be okay. Believe Clay pressure could give some trouble and hopefully lead to some easy baskets. Manchester capable like all lower seeds to pull off upset. Hope Panthers come ready to play and move on in the tournament.

Spud
Riding the Bench

Post by Spud »

I saw the Western/Manchester game and I was not at all impressed with Western. Manchester is not a very good team. Clay will toy with them. But, Western just looked really bad, now question about it. Break out the balls and bats!

Spud
Riding the Bench

Post by Spud »

I saw the Western/Manchester game and I was not at all impressed with Western. Manchester is not a very good team. Clay will toy with them. But, Western just looked really bad, no question about it. Break out the balls and bats!

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Clay needs to come focused and ready to play. Take one game at a time. I believe this team will be ready and hope to advance. I have said any lower seed in this tournament capable to win. Good luck Panthers!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: D4 2/28 #1 Clay vs. #9 Manchester (Northwest)

Post by Hoopie74 »

D4 this year is loaded. Let's get ready for some great games this week at Northwest.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Hoping to watch this game live.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
LAIndian
Waterboy

Post by LAIndian »

Spud wrote:I saw the Western/Manchester game and I was not at all impressed with Western. Manchester is not a very good team. Clay will toy with them. But, Western just looked really bad, now question about it. Break out the balls and bats!
Same team that won the District Title last year. They def had a bad game, and Manchester played well enough to win. Be careful though, same thing is said about one team or another every year. Clay better stay humble, and play to win, or they could get upset. I would be shocked if they didn't get by this Manchester team, but hey Western last year lost twice to ND, and East, and beat both of them in tourney play on their way to the District Title.
With that being said Good Luck to the Panthers! Represent the SOC1....

Spud
Riding the Bench

Post by Spud »

I'll take Clay by 15.

IWatchFromTheStands
Waterboy

Post by IWatchFromTheStands »

Yeah I agree with just about what everyone has said. I believe Clay is poised to make a big tourney run IF they don't over look their opponents. With that being said I don't think Manchester will be able to handle the firepower of Clay. We will see tonight though. I have Clay winning 56-42. Goodluck to the Clay Panthers and the rest of the SOC1.

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Going to pick Clay 69-53. Panthers looking for 3rd straight trip to convo.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Updates please!!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Clay can't miss. 42-21 at the half.

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

Clay 42
Manchester 21
Halftime

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

Clay 64
Manchester 34
End of 3

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Madness wrote:Clay 64
Manchester 34
End of 3
Sounds about right. Clay playing really well right now

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

Clay 81
Manchester 42
Final

Return to “Boys Basketball”