Getting "OFF TOPIC"

VisionQuest
All State

Re: Getting "OFF TOPIC"

Post by VisionQuest »

I'm waiting on Barlow-to meet me here...I'm testing this new concept-He made a post in the Athens @ New Lexington post earlier. Told him to take it here-He is "getting off topic" over there. :roll:

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Ed Ott wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:
Ed Ott wrote:Hey guys! I'm new Here but I have been an Active reader for Many years. I love The TVC. Hope I Can mesh in with the Threads that you guys Create. I may or May not have a Kid that is a Pretty good player for One of the Teams.
Welcome Ed Ott. Interesting name you have
Well I do love hockey.
well that gives me hope. You love Hockey so you are ok with getting some Knuckles bruised-a little punches being thrown here and there-so finally a breath of fresh air-a lot of people with Thin Skin on here-living life through "rose colored glasses". I am looking forward to a new perspective-maybe provide us with some behind the Scenes info-if in Fact you have a kid on a Team.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

VisionQuest wrote:I'm waiting on Barlow-to meet me here...I'm testing this new concept-He made a post in the Athens @ New Lexington thread earlier. Told him to take it here-He is "getting off topic" over there. :roll:

sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsmom20 »

Interesting concept! LOl
Rose colored glasses, well I am printing that off and posting it somewhere at home, never been called that directly or indirectly lol. I am generally the most direct person you will ever find, and tend to naturally be on the negative side. All for giving kids props and constructive criticism. Just don't like when people talk about kids personal lives etc. like the Yates conversation on the other thread was way out of line.

Do like the idea of meeting people to "hash things out". TVC Fan and I had words once off of this site in the past, but always have had a mutual respect for each others schools and children. Good luck with your conversation with Bandit, I offered that, he gave me a vague description of himself for Saturday's game " guy in the big blue tshirt", lol its at warren........

Here is an interesting conversation " what is your school known for?" When I returned to Athens with my children years ago after graduating from there I have been told many times by Athens people" well we are a football school you know?' I laughed and said when did that happen cause that certainly wasn't the case when I was there in the early 90s, lol Sorry 93Bulldog.

Here is another good thread topic " who has the best and most creative student section?"

GO Dogs! #20 biggest fan and pretty fond of the Coach too :lol:
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

HA! We won a game in 1993, sheeeesh.

Vs ... WARREN!

;)

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

sportsmom20 wrote:Interesting concept! LOl
Rose colored glasses, well I am printing that off and posting it somewhere at home, never been called that directly or indirectly lol. I am generally the most direct person you will ever find, and tend to naturally be on the negative side. All for giving kids props and constructive criticism. Just don't like when people talk about kids personal lives etc. like the Yates conversation on the other thread was way out of line.

Do like the idea of meeting people to "hash things out". TVC Fan and I had words once off of this site in the past, but always have had a mutual respect for each others schools and children. Good luck with your conversation with Bandit, I offered that, he gave me a vague description of himself for Saturday's game " guy in the big blue tshirt", lol its at warren........

Here is an interesting conversation " what is your school known for?" When I returned to Athens with my children years ago after graduating from there I have been told many times by Athens people" well we are a football school you know?' I laughed and said when did that happen cause that certainly wasn't the case when I was there in the early 90s, lol Sorry 93Bulldog.

Here is another good thread topic " who has the best and most creative student section?"
Yes we had a few words once last year, in which I stated a few words I shouldn't have in the moment of being upset. Have always liked watching #20 play over the years. (Wait til the Meigs/Athens Game Day Topic, I will be posting a pic that popped up in my Timehop the other day. I think it will be appropriate for the topic.)

I was the one that asked about Yates, because I knew all through Biddy Ball our Junior Class didn't face him, in 7th grade we didn't because we went undefeated that season, and then 8th grade they had him and he lit us up. It was one of our only 2 losses in 2 years.

As for Meigs, I dont think we have ever had an Identity of being a powerhouse in anything, During the 80's were probably the best years in all sports. Lately we have done okay in Basketball and Baseball (All of us 80's Alumni's kids are playing) I know that has nothing to do with it, but it is true, mixed with a few early 90's graduates.

I would have to say Baseball has always been a decent program at Meigs.

sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsmom20 »

I agree Tvc fan! I love watching your son play and he always speaks to myself and family every time we see him. I love old pics of players, we were just posting some from 5th grade side by side of current. Makes me feel old lol.

Baseball now there is a sport I know nothing about, at all

GO Dogs! #20 biggest fan and pretty fond of the Coach too :lol:
VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

People by Nature are Passionate-And if you aren't. You "ain't living right". Sometimes it can get the best of a Person. To "Err is also Human". We have Faults and emotions and say and do things sometimes that we shouldn't-Especially so when we get caught up in "the moment". All in all though-At the end of the day we need to be respectful. Even if it means apologizing at a later time and admitting your wrongs-or trying to find some common ground-or even if you just Agree To Disageee-Cause at the end of the day-IT's JUST A GAME

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

The problem is...it is very hard, some say impossible, to distinguish tone through these "banters." Tone, is the one thing we know how the other person is expressing their message, their emotion and their intention. I know that sometimes that is an issue for me. I also know there are plenty others on forums like this, trying to get their jabs in at a rival school or player or coach. So, I tend to be the voice of reason, only if I know what I am talking about. Because, unlike many of fools on here, everyone knows me. I have been "outted" by a local sportswriter, by my "friends," and many years ago, I may have outted myself, I can't remember. Although I am not as popular as pFloyd, but I am more popular than 93Bulldog. So having said that, when it comes to Vinton County, watch the jabs you may take. Me, being the voice of reason and having an outstanding knowledge of the English language, I may land a hay-maker right back at'cha. 8-)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

hawkeyepierce wrote:Although I am not as popular as pFloyd, but I am more popular than 93Bulldog.
LOL ...

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

This is kind of Comical. Only in the sense that tvc fan said that almost all the threads end up being about VC and Athens.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

sportsmom20 wrote:Interesting concept! LOl

I like your ideas of "New Thread Topics". You should start one or 2 or as many as you want

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

That is because, the other day, TVC FAN took a jab at a Vinton County kid and then tried to back away from it. TVC FAN being a Meigs fan takes shots at Vinton County and Athens all day, every day, like it was their job. When their son graduates next year, we will never hear from TVC FAN again. I can't wait...here's to the class of 2018, here...here!

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

They say "Venting" is good. Some people get all bottled up inside and I suppose this Forum is a way for them to Express their "frustrations". Like I said I'm new to this Forum. There are some good discussions on here and sometimes-well a lot of times things get "off topic"...People are Human-they are prideful and Egotistocal-That will never change. My perspective is that you just have to take it "with a grain of salt". It's obvious there are a few who like to get in their little "Jabs". I would call them "Adrenaline Junkies". They obviously get a "Rush" out of getting under people's skin. Just have to Shoo them off like you do that Fly on your Burger on a Hot July day

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

pfloyd wrote:... if we start out "OFF topic" at some point around post #35 we will be "ON topic" - brilliant !!!! mind blown ...

PFloyd You were Right!!!...We had Veered "off topic" for a short time-Now it seems we are on the Right Path-a good discussion about "getting off topic"...Wait I'm confused :lol:

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tvc_fan wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:So, An EPIPHANY Occured to me the more I thought of this Thread that I masterminded. Let's create a thread like this one-or it could even be this One-where "men" and/or "women" can go to "Settle" their differences or "bicker and banter" a Little instead of Clogging up a Thread and getting "off topic". Moderators of SEOPREPS take Note here. I think I am on to something here. If you are on a Thread
And it starts to get "HEATED"-Just say-"hey why don't we take this to the "getting off topic" Thread-Much the way someone says Let's Take This Outside-Or In the Old West they met each other in the Middle of Town with Hands on their Hips Ready to Draw. I think this is Brilliant. If you Moderators decide to take my Advice-I would Suggest you put a Warning Lable-The Label would Read-"If you have a Thin Skin do not open this Thread"....I would bet a House that the Thread would have more Views than SEOPREPS has Ever experienced

then we would see too many of these

Keyboard WARRIOR!!! :lol:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

See !!! at post #35 on the "OFF Topic" thread it is NOW "ON topic" THE thread to end all arguments thread THE "OFF topic" thread creation itself ...

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

VisionQuest wrote:I will reveal my Identity if thebarlowbandit, Michigan, colsoh and raider6309 reveal theirs-Although my "crystal ball" tells me that Michigan and colsoh are the same person-Just a feeling-since Michigan tried to say the same thing about me on the thread about Athens @ New Lex...sorry I "got off topic" there
I know them all. I heard Raider is still emotional after the lost of Derek Carr. I have even seen the Paladin in public and didn't turn to stone :mrgreen:

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Raider6309 wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:I will reveal my Identity if thebarlowbandit, Michigan, colsoh and raider6309 reveal theirs-Although my "crystal ball" tells me that Michigan and colsoh are the same person-Just a feeling-since Michigan tried to say the same thing about me on the thread about Athens @ New Lex...sorry I "got off topic" there
I know them all. I heard Raider is still emotional after the lost of Derek Carr. I have even seen the Paladin in public and didn't turn to stone :mrgreen:
This is confusing lol

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

danicalifornia wrote: This is confusing lol
  • 1. I know all 4 of those people. One being me
    2. I'm still sad about Derek Carr
    3. I called Paladin Medusa :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”