D4 Northwest Sectional

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: D4 Boys Northwest Sectional Teams and Outlook

Post by Hoopie74 »

Hoopie74 wrote:
brown22 wrote:
Hoopie74 wrote:
Fairfield lost to Lynchburg clay last night. Their first league loss. Close game thruout. I think they are 8-4 now.
Thanks Rodeo I mean Hoopie lol. The Eagles have LC on the 21st at the Dave Young Classic it will be my first look at LC this year.
I'll see ya there.
Lynchburg is very physical. Love to run. Good luck.

Happy2bhere
Freshman Team

Post by Happy2bhere »

Hoopie74 wrote:
Happy2bhere wrote:Seen Lynchburg vs Fairfield & I think Fairfield can play with anyone, they play hard & didn't back down physically ..was exspcially impressed with FHS guard, Daulton kid can shoot the 3 & can take it to the rim as well , they go about 7 deep & from what I was told they can all score, will be a tough out by what I saw

The Daulton kids a keeper. Very savvy with the ball. He can make shots you don't see coming. Rest of the team can play too Don't underestimate them.

Agree on Daulton he is a player & rest of the team as well...that was my 1st time seeing them & was impressed ,they play hard & aggressive. ..plan on going to more of there games now

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

How I got it right now (which will assuredly change over next 2 weeks before draw) :

1. Beaver Eastern
2. East
3. Clay
4. Peebles
5. South Webster
6. Leesburg Fairfield
7. Notre Dame
8. Western
9. New Boston
10. Manchester
11. Whiteoak

Not much separating 1-8 in this sectional. Some huge non-conference games left for seeding purposes include Leesburg Fairfield @ ND (1/21) and SW @ Clay (1/28), along with all the conference matchups left between the SOC I schools.*

Happy2bhere
Freshman Team

Post by Happy2bhere »

[quote="art_vandelay"]How I got it right now (which will assuredly change over next 2 weeks before draw) :

1. Beaver Eastern
2. East
3. Clay
4. Peebles
5. South Webster
6. Leesburg Fairfield
7. Notre Dame
8. Western
9. New Boston
10. Manchester
11. Whiteoak

Not much separating 1-8 in this sectional. Some huge non-conference games left for seeding purposes include Leesburg Fairfield @ ND (1/21) and SW @ Clay (1/28), along with all the conference matchups left between the SOC I schools.*[/quo

Peebles plays East also 1/21 @ Dave Young Classic

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Happy2bhere wrote:
art_vandelay wrote:How I got it right now (which will assuredly change over next 2 weeks before draw) :

1. Beaver Eastern
2. East
3. Clay
4. Peebles
5. South Webster
6. Leesburg Fairfield
7. Notre Dame
8. Western
9. New Boston
10. Manchester
11. Whiteoak

Not much separating 1-8 in this sectional. Some huge non-conference games left for seeding purposes include Leesburg Fairfield @ ND (1/21) and SW @ Clay (1/28), along with all the conference matchups left between the SOC I schools.*[/quo

Peebles plays East also 1/21 @ Dave Young Classic
Eastern plays Lynchburg Clay@ Dave Young Classic as well.

GO EAGLES
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Western is the best #8 seed in this sectional's history lol

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote:Western is the best #8 seed in this sectional's history lol

Whoever gets the 8 seed this year is going to go down as the best 8th seed in this sectionals history.

Loaded, loaded Sectional. It's painful to see how many good teams are there and then how many bad ones are in the Meigs Sectional.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

This may b a stupid question , but why doesn't the southeast district have a super sectional?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

EPN wrote:This may b a stupid question , but why doesn't the southeast district have a super sectional?
I always here because of travel.

Please don't shoot the messenger.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote:
EPN wrote:This may b a stupid question , but why doesn't the southeast district have a super sectional?
I always here because of travel.

Please don't shoot the messenger.
I've always heard the same. The D4 SE District ranges very wide -- imagine someone like Waterford traveling to Fairfield Leesburg for a game.

However, with the proper people running the show, it could be possible to do a super Sectional and iron out specific details etc. I don't think we'll see it anytime soon, but it's definitely something the SE District is behind the rest of the state on.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

ND really has a chance to move up the seedings after tonight's surprising win at East. They already got road wins at Western and East, and have home games left with Eastern, East, Western, Clay and Leesburg Fairfield. Win the majority of those and they may be looking at a 2 seed.*

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Updated records up until this point (I may be missing a game or two, if so, I apologize.).

Beaver Eastern (11-2)
Clay (11-2)
Notre Dame (9-3)
East (7-3)
Leesburg Fairfield (9-3)
Peebles (9-3)
South Webster (7-5)
Western (6-5)
New Boston (4-6)
Manchester (5-9)
Whiteoak (2-11)

SOC 1 schools will continue to beat up on each other. South Webster has a ridiculous 5 game stretch that started last night with Oak Hill, and now has @ Minford, Wheelersburg, Waverly, @ Clay the next 4. Who knows how many games of those they'll win, but it's undeniable they'll be tested come tournament time. It'll be interesting to see if other coaches in the Sectional respect their strength of schedule or not --- they probably need to win a few more big games to have them do so.

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

Regardless of the seeding in this Sectional, every team will have to play against an opponent that at some time during the season could have been considered for a 1 or 2 seed. So the best way to do it is show up, lace them up and play.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

I understand the records that's neither here nor there but is it justifiable to put teams ahead of other teams that have been beaten by that team. I know there are examples where the teams split but for example. Western is 6-5 and they beat Peebles who is 8-3 I believe. So obviously the next few weeks are crucial for the draw but say Western finishes 14-8 and Peebles finishes 16-6, do you give the higher seed to Peebles? or Western? Just an honest thought. As most have said the seeding can go any which way and honestly probably doesn't matter as much as people think.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Western24 wrote:I understand the records that's neither here nor there but is it justifiable to put teams ahead of other teams that have been beaten by that team. I know there are examples where the teams split but for example. Western is 6-5 and they beat Peebles who is 8-3 I believe. So obviously the next few weeks are crucial for the draw but say Western finishes 14-8 and Peebles finishes 16-6, do you give the higher seed to Peebles? or Western? Just an honest thought. As most have said the seeding can go any which way and honestly probably doesn't matter as much as people think.
You have to look at the whole schedule for sure. At seeding time a team might have 18 games in....so the 1 matchup, while important shouldn't carry a ton of weight. Jackson is 8-8 but lost at home to 4-9 Greenfield, but no way considering everything else would Greenfield be seeded over Jackson.

Western right now is on a bit of a losing trend it seems, Peebles has a comparable schedule and 2 games up, right now Peebles probably should be seeded higher but it may look quite different come time to vote. Peebles might be 13-4 and Western might be 8-9....or maybe tides turn and Peebles is 10-7 and Western is 11-6.

Game was at Western? If so I'd make that matchup a tiebreaker type game if teams are really close come seeding time....at this moment it's not close enough.

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

Most of the time in this sectional you go by record. I know it's not fair but it is what it is. Does Peebles have a key win? I know Western beat Peebles, Eastern, and East. Those are some 3 big wins. A lot of basketball is left to played and can't wait until tournament play begins. I think there will be a team in this sectional possibly winning the district.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Still a solid 2 weeks left of basketball before seeding will occur, LOTS could change from then until now. East seems to be trending in the wrong direction, but I still expect one of the teams to make a strong charge towards a top seed (Clay, Leesburg, Peebles, SW, Western come to mind).

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

You forgot 2 teams on this list. Eastern and Notre Dame

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

bbjunky81 wrote:Still a solid 2 weeks left of basketball before seeding will occur, LOTS could change from then until now. East seems to be trending in the wrong direction, but I still expect one of the teams to make a strong charge towards a top seed (Clay, Leesburg, Peebles, SW, Western come to mind).
Notre Dame has Clay, Leesburg and Western all at home in the next couple of weeks. If they can win 2 or all they could make a move up.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Mailman wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:Still a solid 2 weeks left of basketball before seeding will occur, LOTS could change from then until now. East seems to be trending in the wrong direction, but I still expect one of the teams to make a strong charge towards a top seed (Clay, Leesburg, Peebles, SW, Western come to mind).
Notre Dame has Clay, Leesburg and Western all at home in the next couple of weeks. If they can win 2 or all they could make a move up.
Notre Dame is definitely making a good case for themselves, they're playing really good lately. Getting blown out at home by South Webster doesn't look too good for their resume, though. (Ended up 11 points, but SW was up 20 with 3 minutes left and yanked starters.... ND didn't yank theirs, for some reason).

Return to “Boys Basketball”