Notre Dame @ Eastern Pike 2/12

brown22
Varsity

Re: Notre Dame @ Eastern Pike 2/12

Post by brown22 »

we definitely have the coach we need we just can't score right now not for sure why the struggle to score. we don't have anyone that is comfortable with being that main scorer they have had Josh thacker and all teams keyed on him so everybody else scored under the radar if we could of had someone take over last nite we would have won that low scoring game we just need to score points don't care who does it that role is open to anyone who can consistently put the ball in the whole and take good shots.

GO EAGLES
EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

I agree 100% brown22. We need that go to guy. Martin and Liest are more than capable of being that guy. A young team with with a new head coach and complete different system. I feel as if this team has peaked to early after the first of the year. Still some time left to get it rolling agian. A win against Clay tonight would be a big confidence builder moving on toward the tourney.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

right on EagleNut14 both leist and Martin are capable of scoring leist is gonna be another 1000 point scorer for us. Martin just needs to shoot his freshman year he got behind not playing he play 2 quarters of jv then sit on varsity bench and last year didn't start playing till well after the holiday classic so he hasn't got a lot of game time mins in yet. they are both just juniors so we are in good shape we just need to turn this ship in the right direction starting tonight against clay this whole soc1 will be back next year too so it won't get easier.

GO EAGLES
rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

Not sure there are to many true die- hard Eastern fans registered on here. Don't believe all this would be so positive for the coach with a 7 loss season and the returning athletes they have this year. One posters views his disappointment and he gets a" really come on man comment". We travel to Eastern tonight, always a tough place for Clay to win regardless of the records. Would think the #2 seeded Eastern team should be favored to win. Clay playing well with the win last night over Western, now 16-4.

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Rosemount guy
I am a true die-hard eagle fan , but I am not gonna get on a message board and bash a hall of fame coach either, the most important part of the season is yet to come , we shall see how the Eagles rebound from these losses , l believe coach barrick will have eastern ready for the tourney...

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

rosemount guy wrote:Not sure there are to many true die- hard Eastern fans registered on here. Don't believe all this would be so positive for the coach with a 7 loss season and the returning athletes they have this year. One posters views his disappointment and he gets a" really come on man comment". We travel to Eastern tonight, always a tough place for Clay to win regardless of the records. Would think the #2 seeded Eastern team should be favored to win. Clay playing well with the win last night over Western, now 16-4.
rosemountguy I'm for sure a die hard eagle fan and I know a couple others are is this the year we wanted to have not at all is our team under achieving I would say yes. a lot of it is shots just not falling and some bad shot selection we do have athletes I'm not gonna to say it's the coach that's not my call. I knew this year could go either way with wins and loses I did however think we would at least win the sectional I know we got the talent to do so but if we don't score no way too many teams that can put points up in this sectional and if u are not fired up ready to be there then ur beat.

GO EAGLES
Beaver92
Waterboy

Post by Beaver92 »

Don't think anybody is bashing the HOF coach like people were bashing coach Fitch last year. Don't think the coach was the problem. The Eagles return 2 starters from last year Hesson-leist and Martin saw lots of varsity action last year. So imo they should be playing like the 2 seed they were gifted with. Are the underachieving? Or are they overrated?

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

:)
Beaver92 wrote:Don't think anybody is bashing the HOF coach like people were bashing coach Fitch last year. Don't think the coach was the problem. The Eagles return 2 starters from last year Hesson-leist and Martin saw lots of varsity action last year. So imo they should be playing like the 2 seed they were gifted with. Are the underachieving? Or are they overrated?
hesson only started a few games last year so leist is the only starter returning and Martin did not see the floor really til the western game at western last year.

GO EAGLES
TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

Two observations from the outside:

1. The S.O.C. I is much deeper/better this year than last. That certainly has played a factor.

2. Eastern lost the best player in the league from last season in Josh Thacker. He masked a lot of the problems that last year's Eagles had. They were not a high scoring unit either without him. When a kid can go off for 25+ it makes everything look better. The Eagles would have had several more losses last season without some of his heroics.

They lost several other starters, and a Coach/system they were familiar with. There were going to be learning curves. Rosemountguy is just trying to stir up the muck. You're questioning whether they're true fans because they don't resort to questioning the coach? Tom Barrick is a Hall of Famer with 400+ wins, 3 state appearances, and numerous league/sectional/district titles and you're qualified to question the job he has done? Funny stuff.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

TheSportsGuy wrote:Two observations from the outside:

1. The S.O.C. I is much deeper/better this year than last. That certainly has played a factor.

2. Eastern lost the best player in the league from last season in Josh Thacker. He masked a lot of the problems that last year's Eagles had. They were not a high scoring unit either without him. When a kid can go off for 25+ it makes everything look better. The Eagles would have had several more losses last season without some of his heroics.

They lost several other starters, and a Coach/system they were familiar with. There were going to be learning curves. Rosemountguy is just trying to stir up the muck. You're questioning whether they're true fans because they don't resort to questioning the coach? Tom Barrick is a Hall of Famer with 400+ wins, 3 state appearances, and numerous league/sectional/district titles and you're qualified to question the job he has done? Funny stuff.
totally agree with what ur saying sportsguy and and I know what rosemountguy was up too lol.

GO EAGLES
Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Congrats to ND on the victory. It sounds like it was a defensive battle and this time the Titans come out on top.

Eastern will only get better with time and transitioning to a new system is something that everyone will have to be patient with. Coach Barrick is a proven winner and the program is in good hands. Coach Fitch was very successful during his time leading the Eagles and his dedication and efforts are much appreciated. However, any coach can only teach, practice and implement a game plan, but it is up to the players to execute. These are young men trying to find a rhythm and develop a strong team chemistry and they have done a great job this year. They will be fine and once they find their identity and establish their roles..... they will win and lose as a team and not be a group of individual players wearing the same uniform.

Keep your heads up gentlemen and continue to work hard and find ways to improve. Win or lose....the Eagle fans are proud of you!

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

TheSportsGuy wrote:Two observations from the outside:

Very good post Sportsguy.

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

Just trying to help protect Beaver 92 who has right to his comment. What the coach did with teams from other schools in the past no bearing on what you do now for this team. Completely different situation. So hof gives coach lifetime pass?. The Sports Guy has connection with Barrick with East last year ,reason for his praises/excuses. Bottom line I do not believe the fan at Eastern happy with this year, In the past you fans always blamed the coach or system why stop now. Hopefully this continues to stir up the muck? Cute.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

I appreciate your comments, but don't quite understand your agenda Rosemountguy. Your intentions to stir the pot or bash an accomplished coach is your right, but it actually makes you look childish and immature. Why not contribute something that furthers the discussion in a sensible manner? You appear to be more than capable of constructing a well thought out comment, but yet you elect to try and stir a fire that is not being entertained or fueled by the Eastern fan base.

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

Sorry, i will no longer comment on this topic since i don't agree with the majority, good luck Beaver 92. Will just wait and see how it plays out then maybe i will comment again. Gone to timeout.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

So a lifetime of molding young people into men of character (and winning a ton of games along the way) means nothing? Some people work their entire lives to build up good will, gain others' confidence, etc. Coach Barrick's past proves at least one thing, the man can coach! If our past credentials/record didn't matter than why do we keep track? The Eastern Local school board could have just hired basketball expert rosemount guy since experience doesn't matter :lol: .

I'm not saying that a guy get a lifetime pass, but cite what you think he has done wrong. Even then, not sure your opinion would matter versus his track record. What could Coach Barrick be doing differently in your expert opinion? I personally think the Eagles would have struggled this season, probably around .500 if not for having a proven coach at the helm. It's his first year at the place! They returned 1 starter from last season! This is one of the deepest and best seasons in the league's history in comparison to other teams from throughout the district!

I haven't seen you post on here about Clay's shortcomings this season. They win the league last year with a sophomore-laden team and were the clear front runners again this season. No posts bashing Coach Betten? Surely it must be his fault...Won't tonight's game decide who is in 3rd/4th in the league? Must be completely unacceptable that they slid from 1st to 4th?

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

Do not make me come out of timeout! Not gonna fall for the bait. Just wait it out. Now you are the muck stirrer!

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

The bantering among fans is what makes this board entertaining and you have contributed and created great conversations. However, when you try to bash an accomplished and successful coach.....well, you lower your value and credibility as a poster. Why not simply comment on the game(s) and keep the personal agenda out of it?

The league was very competitive this year and more than likely, it will be just as competitive if not more next year. It has been a long time since this league was more than a two or three team race and I for one, have enjoyed following the conference this year. I will now begin rooting for all SOC I & II teams as they enter the second part of their seasons. Having a tournament seasoned coach such as Coach Barrick is a great attribute for any school and I am more than happy that he is at Beaver. Good luck to all SOC schools!

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

My 2 cents! The biggest downfall for Eastern is the depth of the league. Their were 6 VERY good teams this year. And there will be just as many next year. I know ND and East doesn't lose anyone. I'm thinking Clay loses 1 maybe none. Eastern loses 3 but they are deep and will bring back a lot of experience. If you thought this year was exciting, wait til next year!! In the mean time, good luck to all the SOC 1 schools!! I'll be rooting for all of you, unless you play ND!! Lol

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

good game coach barrick had tonight with his eagles that man to man defense sure worked tonight beating clay 67-49 good job coach and the boys played with fire I like it.

GO EAGLES

Return to “Boys Basketball”