2015 2016 Logan Basketball

basketballref
Waterboy

Re: 2015 2016 Logan Basketball

Post by basketballref »

So true about the Logan Coach.I was told he said some pretty derogatory things to some of the players.Same thing happened to him at Chillicothe.From what I was told he was reprimanded a few times because of things said to a few players.Absolutely refuse to do any of his games.But the Logan hierarchy will keep him around,supposedly a good friend of the superintendant.

duck42
Waterboy

Post by duck42 »

The new coach definitely coaches from a negative position. Have not personally heard a positive comment during the game. His style evidently and not very constructive IMO.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Par for the course in today's society. People can't take criticism. A lot of soft people today!
There is a difference between coaching and bitching.
If you are correcting the player, it is coaching.
If you are just yelling to be yelling, it is bitching.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

I suited up for Logan basketball in the late '60's. Did a coach ever tell me I was worthless? I'm sure, and a lot worse than that. I always feared 'not getting yelled at' when I screwed up. That would mean he was giving up on me. Kids are too soft these days.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Kids today seem to take a butt chewing as this coach hates me. I would love to see the kids today have their butts drafted. Most of the boys you have today that you can call young men and not boys will enter the service if they don't have something lined up after school.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

On my post I never said that the kids could not take it. Fact is they should not have to . Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!

basketballref
Waterboy

Post by basketballref »

I agree. The kids should be able to take some criticism.But not personal attacks and derogatory comments I heard at the game the other night.This guy needs to coach and quit trying to referee.His focus should be on his team not the referees and not trying to bully the kids into his mindset.I don't think I heard one positive comment from him the entire game about his team.I am sure I didn't hear everything but I heard quite a bit.I sat right behind the bench and all I heard were personal remarks concerning some of the players.We don't need that in high school basketball.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

So wait; people wanted the old coach gone bc he didnt have enough discipline but now people are griping bc the new coach has TOO MUCH discipline???? :o

I think some people fail to understand that a good coach isnt griping to just gripe. He wants his kids to have some accountability for their actions good or bad. Something that this generation fails to understand. Any good coach Logan ever had had the same old school disciplined hard line mentality. People must forget about Amyx, Janey, Perry, Hardman and Fraunfelter. Yes I said Hardman. However he ended up, his teams in the 80's were hardnosed, disciplined teams that WON. Alot. Now you cant look at a kid sideways without the fear you may have grandma or grandpa complain and youre out of a job. You cant have it both ways and expect to win. Kids have to have accountability and respect for the staff. No i dont think a coach has the right to belittle or degrade a kid but he's not doing that. He's trying to get them to buy into the system and see if they do the things they need to do and have that accountability they can be successful.

Live Like A Champion!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logangrad wrote:So wait; people wanted the old coach gone bc he didnt have enough discipline but now people are griping bc the new coach has TOO MUCH discipline???? :o

I think some people fail to understand that a good coach isnt griping to just gripe. He wants his kids to have some accountability for their actions good or bad. Something that this generation fails to understand. Any good coach Logan ever had had the same old school disciplined hard line mentality. People must forget about Amyx, Janey, Perry, Hardman and Fraunfelter. Yes I said Hardman. However he ended up, his teams in the 80's were hardnosed, disciplined teams that WON. Alot. Now you cant look at a kid sideways without the fear you may have grandma or grandpa complain and youre out of a job. You cant have it both ways and expect to win. Kids have to have accountability and respect for the staff. No i dont think a coach has the right to belittle or degrade a kid but he's not doing that. He's trying to get them to buy into the system and see if they do the things they need to do and have that accountability they can be successful.
Well put

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Logangrad wrote:So wait; people wanted the old coach gone bc he didnt have enough discipline but now people are griping bc the new coach has TOO MUCH discipline???? :o

Well said.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

anymore negative post about high school coaches or players will have this topic locked.

duck42
Waterboy

Post by duck42 »

No negative opinions allowed. That's an interesting concept. God bless America.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

If they start winning all this will be forgotten and we will hear what a great coach he is again.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Tonight opens SEOAL play at Jackson. Go Logan.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan won 46/33

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Can't wait for tomorrow nights rematch with VC. Should be a full house!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Tomorrow should be a great game!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

noreply66 wrote:Warren..........6.....2.....0.....0
Gallipolis........3.....3.....0.....0
Logan............4.....7.....0.....0
Jackson..........2.....7.....0.....0

Warren..........10.....2.....1.....0
Logan.............6.....8.....1.....0
Gallipolis.........4.....6.....0.....1
Jackson..........2.....11....0.....1

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I sat 3 rows off the court behind Logan's bench and heard the head coach tell one of the big guys "nice job"

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Saw in the local paper all 3 teams won last night . Good job !!!! Good luck to the Purple gang tonight !!!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”