All State

Re: Gallia Academy

Post by bighead »

TTT !

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Trojans headed that way after been knocked around by South Webster.......Lets Go Trojans

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

No matter what happens Friday night and in first tournament game I can't imagine how any blue devil fan could be disappointed with the season they have had.. If they lose to Portsmouth Friday they would be 15-7 and be 3rd in OVC.. A win and they finish second.. not sure the most enthusiastic blue devil fans would of predicted that..

I think the most exciting thing is.. Man besides Miles Cornell they basically have everything back.. And look at that JV team they have a lot of kids there that could contribute next year.. And the freshmen team is really improving great time to be a Devil Fan..

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Great year !

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Friday night Gallia Academy has 2 seniors Armstrong and Cornwall.. I know nothing about the Armstrong kid besides he just seems like a great kid.. Miles Cornell on the other hand I feel like I have watched him grow up.. I thought he would be a real force this year.. But that has not happened, but man has he showed maturity beyond his age this year.. He has shown what it is to put the team first and how you can be a leader even if you are just a role player.. I love the heart he has shown.. And loved how he showed us all what a shooter he can be in that Coal grove game at home.. You have been a real class act and I hope you enjoy every minute of it Friday night... And hope you guys make a great run after that.. Hope all your teammates have apricited you the way I have this season.. you have shown class and toughness that will take you far in life.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Big win ! Keep rolling ! Good Luck !

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Blue Devils on the win over my Trojans......GAHS sealed the game late, but PHS battled hard and had the Blue Devil lead to 8 points in the 4th quarter. I was pleased with the defense forcing a good number of turnovers, but in the end Justin Peck proved for the second time this season that he was too much to handle for PHS. The Wiseman kid also had a very good game.

The Trojans didn't end the regular season well, but I'll take 15-7 from a jump shooting team with virtually no size or post presence. For Gallia, this season is just the start of what could be a special run. With practically everybody back next season, I think the Blue Devils can challenge Fairland for the OVC crown, although I still favor the Dragons. GAHS finished 2nd this year, and will do no worse than that in 2017-2018. What's more significant is that the Blue Devils are going to be good enough to make a serious push for the regionals. For right now, though, Gallia Academy will be a very tough out for anybody and they could advance to Athens if they take care of the basketball.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Cinderella run for GA in the making !

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Friday's tournament game vs Waverly can be heard on Big Country 99.5 and online at www.wbyg.com.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Congratulations to the blue devils on a great turnaround year. getting to hear shows how we have improved as a team. A ton of work to do in the off season. Not sure how many changes you can still make to next years schedule but if they can definitely need to play some better competition, The league they played in was a little weak at the bottom but have no problem with the quality of the league. But we must do a Little better with the 8 non league games. i understand that point pleasant, south gallia, river valley, and Jackson are all great for gate but maybe. not schedule point pleasant home and home and not schedule Jackson home and home..

you need to schedule some more athletic teams and teams that really need to get after it. just adding 2 more quality opponents would be big. and i know we will have to deal with all the county people to but dont really think you need to schedule south gallia year in year out either. You play enough smaller schools in your league.

Very proud of the way you battled in the second half. to make this a game for a while that takes a lot of heart. have a great off season and go get them next year.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

What was there record last season ?

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

GA record the past 3 seasons ?

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Jmo ! The big kid needs another year under his belt before he and family would do this ! AAU would bring attention to the player ! I would wait until his Jr year then go from there ! If he can play at the next level you got alot of time! Don't burn out your kid like yours truly did ! Just don't jump the the gun ! Good Luck ! I'm talking D-1 level !

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I don't think loveday going anywhere next year.. he might stay here all 4 years.. he plays AAU.. he goes to the big time camps.. But right now he is just focused on being a kid..

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

jottings what is Harrisons overall record at GA ?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

gallia academy 2016-2017 16-6
gallia academy 2015-2016 7-15
gallia academy 2014-2015 4-18
galllia academy 2013-2014 11-11 ( this schedule was a horrible schedule the 11 teams they beat were like a combine 40 and 200)

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

3 years before harrison
2012-2013 gallia academy 8-14
2011-2012 gallia academy 3.-18
2010-2011 gallia academy 7-14

Return to “Boys Basketball”