Alexander @ Vinton County 2/10

Space Cowboy
SEO

Re: Alexander @ Vinton County 2/10

Post by Space Cowboy »

JJ Hale wrote:I hope they have a place to set up! VC's broadcast crew had made arrangements to broadcast at Alex early in the year and wound up getting booted from their spot and phone line. I hope the VC folks treat the visiting radio crew better than they were treated.

Usually, VC home games are on 98.7 Would be funny if this game is covered on two different stations.

The Gloaming
Freshman Team

Post by The Gloaming »

baseballstud24 wrote:The Gloaming- I heard Jim Ross and Jerry the King Lawler would be broadcasting this game...Mike Tenay also will be on the sidelines reporting.

Any chance that the Living Legend Larry Zybisco will be in attendance?
Will there be an unforgiving steel in the building?
Our alumni team is getting shirts made......a couple of us are going with some past wrestler nicknames including Das Wunderkind, the heartbreak kid and naturally I will be The Body.

Spartans win.

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

The Gloaming wrote:
baseballstud24 wrote:The Gloaming- I heard Jim Ross and Jerry the King Lawler would be broadcasting this game...Mike Tenay also will be on the sidelines reporting.

Any chance that the Living Legend Larry Zybisco will be in attendance?
Will there be an unforgiving steel in the building?
Our alumni team is getting shirts made......a couple of us are going with some past wrestler nicknames including Das Wunderkind, the heartbreak kid and naturally I will be The Body.

Spartans win.

In the words of the immortal "American Dream Dusty Rhodes":

"Don't worry about the horses going blind Tully Blanchard.....just circle the wagons!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXAn51e3 ... re=related

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

VC 33
Alex 30
halftime

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

Final OT
VC 72
Alex 69

Taylor Reed....great clutch free throws !!!

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

What absolutely great game. Congrats to Coach Combs and the entire Viking team. A whole bunch of guys stepped up at different times throughout the night, but Taylor Reed's clutch free throws were the ultimate difference.

As dejected as Alex must feel right now, this team has nothing to hang their heads about. They will make a big tourney run.

Sue E. Side
Freshman Team

Post by Sue E. Side »

Wow am I glad I made the trip to watch these two great basketball teams!!!!!! What a great game and really unfortunite for the Spartans. If they would have boxed out and not given up numerous Offensive rebounds they would have won this game. Also with the ball and 20 seconds left why not take the last shot in OT, and then you intentional foul when its tied? I don't know but it was a great game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Gloaming
Freshman Team

Post by The Gloaming »

I wasn't at the game..listened to JR and The King on 107.7.......they made it sound like VC got away with more than a couple calls........BUT........here's the deal....Alexander better learn to box out before tourney time if they want to make a run....it sounded like VC's bigs got about 30 offensive rebounds. They probably would have won big if they could have kept VC of the glass...they didn't...good win for VC and another TVC championship....unless they have the biggest collapse in the history of anything.

vc_fan
Riding the Bench

Post by vc_fan »

This was one of the best high school games I have ever seen.The boys from both teams played their butts off its a shame that somebody had to lose.Congratulation Vikings on a big win.Now its time to get ready for belpre so work hard this week especially on your press breaker with all the ball handlers this team has you should not struggle as much as you have.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Alexander didn't have an answer for Guthrie...plain and simple. Great game. I was hoping for an Alexander win, but they have nothing to hang their heads about. The TVC Ohio may be out of the picture, but tournament time is just around the corner. They need to get on a roll and finish the season strong and then roll right through the tournament. Get back to practice tomorrow boys and get refocused.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Niner wrote:This was one of the best high school games I have ever seen.The boys from both teams played their butts off its a shame that somebody had to lose.Congratulation Vikings on a big win.Now its time to get ready for belpre so work hard this week especially on your press breaker with all the ball handlers this team has you should not struggle as much as you have.

ABSOLUTLY AGREE 100%. This will go down as one of the all time greats. Saw a couple of questionable calls on both sides, but overall, decent officiating. VCs defense needs to tighten up some, especially on interior. also need to work on freethrows. Taylor Reed, congrats on your game winners. Nice present for mom.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

baseballstud24 wrote:Alexander didn't have an answer for Guthrie...plain and simple. Great game. I was hoping for an Alexander win, but they have nothing to hang their heads about. The TVC Ohio may be out of the picture, but tournament time is just around the corner. They need to get on a roll and finish the season strong and then roll right through the tournament. Get back to practice tomorrow boys and get refocused.

IMO Alexander is the best D3 team around. These boyz are the real deal. On another night, this game could have went to Alex, by 3. This game was that good.
Also, FrankieG and Hawkeye, glad I got to meet you both. Hope to meet more posters soon, now that Im getting back out to the games.

freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Post by freakintheseat »

The Gloaming wrote:I wasn't at the game..listened to JR and The King on 107.7.......they made it sound like VC got away with more than a couple calls........BUT........here's the deal....Alexander better learn to box out before tourney time if they want to make a run....it sounded like VC's bigs got about 30 offensive rebounds. They probably would have won big if they could have kept VC of the glass...they didn't...good win for VC and another TVC championship....unless they have the biggest collapse in the history of anything.

Than you listened to the wrong radio station!! I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to cry officiating, you were not even at the game. Why take away from either team, they BOTH played balls to the walls basketball! At one time in the game I believe the foul situation was VC 8 Alex 2 !!
This was one of the best games I have seen and the best officiating crew around!

CONGRATS VIKINGS!!

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

Congrats Vikings! Great win!

Kosmo K
Waterboy

Post by Kosmo K »

Kosmo was present on the second row!! awesome game!! I still do not see why VC gets settles,norris,and derrow for officiating but they never lost the game for either side tonight!!!!!

VC's press breaker looked like a bunch of third graders!!!!!

But they played with heart!!! to pull off the awesome comeback

Still hopin to see Preston Hamon on the front row soon!!!
One of the greatest supporters of VC basketball in the last 15 years!!!!!!!!!!!! He would be talking about this game at the Bareber shop for weeks!!!!!!!

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

powerliftingnut wrote:107.7 WSEO will be doing the game tonight. I was just told by Eric that he and Mike will be there.

Next year, when VC plays at Alex,107.7 needs to remember the decency shown to them to be allowed to broadcast. :oops:

FridayNites
Waterboy

Post by FridayNites »

Went and seen an absolutely great game. If you missed this you really missed a
championship caliber game, NCAA action with a tip in at the buzzer to send it into OT. Congrats to the VC on the win. And Alex is just as good. game could have?should have been won by the Spartans. IMO the officiating was not "homered"
but was a game with some bad calls, some good calls, some great no calls, some questionable ones, like any great contested game will go. The only thing one can ask is how can Guthrie play this game w/o a foul?

GOOD LUCK TO VC and ALEX in the tourneys. This was a great tune up game for both!!!!

FLASH-G
Riding the Bench

Post by FLASH-G »

boilermaker wrote:The Vikes will win another TVC title uncontested.

Boilermaker Thanks for your support after Coach Combs wins anothefr T.V.C. Title we need to give Coach Combs and Coach Miller a golf lesson hopefuly they can not golf as good as they can coach. Repete Coach Combs owns you Alexander.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

FridayNites wrote:Went and seen an absolutely great game. If you missed this you really missed a
championship caliber game, NCAA action with a tip in at the buzzer to send it into OT. Congrats to the VC on the win. And Alex is just as good. game could have?should have been won by the Spartans. IMO the officiating was not "homered"
but was a game with some bad calls, some good calls, some great no calls, some questionable ones, like any great contested game will go. The only thing one can ask is how can Guthrie play this game w/o a foul?

GOOD LUCK TO VC and ALEX in the tourneys. This was a great tune up game for both!!!!

Dont know what game you attended but Dyl Guthrie had some fouls called on him. Could have?should have??? I could also say if VC crew would have sank half of the free shots, that they missed, this game would have never went into OT.

Sue E. Side
Freshman Team

Post by Sue E. Side »

Space Cowboy wrote:
FridayNites wrote:Went and seen an absolutely great game. If you missed this you really missed a

Dont know what game you attended but Dyl Guthrie had some fouls called on him. Could have?should have??? I could also say if VC crew would have sank half of the free shots, that they missed, this game would have never went into OT.

Didn't Alex miss a Free Throw to put them up 5. They only went up 4 and VC scored to cut it to 2 and then had the last shot... They would have had to make a three to even Tie for OT. You can say it for either side but Alex missed numerous layups and the refs weren't going to call a foul at the end when Alex's PG drove and was bumped. Alex needs to learn to slow it down when your up 6 with less than 3 min. to go, missed runout layup/ turnover on the wing was a 4 point swing that changed the whole game. Also the three before half was huge for VC Alex was going to take a 6 point lead into half and ended up only up 3! Great game none the less and have a little respect Flash your a division 2 school, good job.... Alex should say they own Meigs and every other school in the TVC that they beat consistantly but they seem to have a little more class than yourself.

Return to “Boys Basketball”