Jackson 71 Portsmouth 68

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Jackson 71 Portsmouth 68

Post by Ironman92 »

and I repeat...anyone who says Jordan does not have his heart into coaching this year...simply clueless.

Portsmouth won by 37 at Portsmouth earlier in the year...Jackson led 96% of the night.

Dylan Newsome with 24

Merlin Miller off the bench with 13 (9 points in about 3 minutes)

Morgan Dobbins was solid all game long with about 16 including several 3's

Eric Landrum off the bench tag teaming with Merlin for 6 assists

Kip Winchester didn't score a lot but was tough against the quick guards of
Portsmouth and had the game winning steal with 5 seconds left.

Andrew Brown had 2, Josh Brown gave about a qtr of solid minutes and Christman had about 4 points with some big altered shots.

I can't believe how much better they are than 4-6 weeks ago.

Portsmouth has some of the quickest players anywhere.....I really didn't think Jackson could pull off the upset after listening to the 1st game on the radio. I'm glad to be wrong.

One of Jackson's biggest wins in a LONG TIME.

JV was easily won by Jackson and the freeshmen started teh sweep by rallying from 14 down to win as well.

I think Jackson basketball has 3 consecutive sweeps at home.........truely amazing.

Great Job players and staff!

Good Luck to the Portsmouth players.

jottings
SEOPS H

Re: Jackson 71 Portsmouth 68

Post by jottings »

Ironman 92...Can u get me the final reserve score? thanks
Last edited by jottings on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I92....not 02

No I can't...we won by about 17

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jottings

39-24

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

it was 39-24 I am pretty sure.? Great job Jackson huge win great things to follow for the basketball program!!

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

way to go ironmen!!

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

congrats to Jackson. Great win.

I think this team will continue to suprise alot people next year when Jordan gets an entire summer to work with these kids

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Congrats to the Ironmen...............I was not able to attend.........I would be interested in hearing Bigdowgg, Tobias or Trojandave's take on the game.......not to take anything away or give Jackson their due credit, but what the ?? I am totally confused as to what is going on............would like to see the Trojans right the ship someway, somehow..........maybe some lessons are being learned and this will make them a stronger team down the road.......we need to bring it every night!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

WOW !!!! pigs can fly!!! you know where has frozen over !!!! Congratulations to Coach Jordan and the Jackson Ironmen players - a MAJOR upset in anyones book ... JHS comes to Jim's Gym Friday night to play the Purple - the Chiefs better be ready it looks like ...

On the sidelines
Riding the Bench

Post by On the sidelines »

All I can say is GREAT job Ironmen. You are finally seeing some results from team Ball, taking care of the ball, trusting each other and mostly HUSTLE. Huge win, keep up the hard work and there will be more wins to come.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Congrats to the Ironmen! Great win for Coach Jordan and his team.

Jackson has been playing very well over the last 5 games or so. Gotta give a lot of credit to Coach Jordan and the kids at Jackson. They didn't quit after a bad start to the season. Their hard work is really paying off now. Keep it up!

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

Congratulations Jackson on huge win !!!

DaRecGuy
Freshman Team

Post by DaRecGuy »

I believe Coach's seat may be getting a little warm in P-Town!!!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Im really sorry but I have to know what in the Sam Hill is going on?!?!?!?! Going into this year I thought Portsmouth would make a serious run to the State in Columbus. Not saying it cant happen now but, teams that are going to be serious contenders dont lose to teams they beat by 35 earlier in the season. No disrespect to Jackson. I love Jackson. But, it hurts me to see a team waste God given talent. Portsmouth has some of the best talent I have seen on a team in a long time. They have the scorers, they have height, whats not to like about this team? This team was really fun to watch earlier in the year. I just dont know what happened. I'm sorry for maybe being a little harsh but I just want some answers. Did the kids just get a "big head"??....And this is not just about this game. This is about the other 3 loses also. This team really does have the talent to win ALL of their games. But, what is going on? Just let me know....throw a guess out there.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

IF Portsmouth overlooked Jackson for memory of the last game vs Jackson......it didn't last all game......that stuff tends to kick out when down 25-14.

Mr Horne is the quickest offensive player one on one I've seen....but he didn't go off......Why does Forrest not start anyways? I was telling about Portsmouth's 2 great young guards last year and he wasn't in the starting lineup......Ports gave up 25 in the 1st qtr...then Forrest came in and scored 6 points in a minute and 8 points in 3 minutes. Bendolph really didn't do anything to hurt us....seems like he had about 22 last year as a freshman.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

congats to to Jackson, they played THE ENTIRE GAME like they WANTED TO WIN!.

Portsmouth is loaded with talent but they better wake up and get their heads out of their hind parts or the rest of the season is going to be ugly.

coach Shoemaker has a problem, that he better take care of and do it NOW.

I think right now more then anything, the team needs someone, anyone to step up and be a leader,and take control of this team.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

This one surprised me.

After watching Portsmouth play earlier this season, I did not think they were probably state material but I did not see the Ironmen coming out on top on this one. Now I have to rethink some things...

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

Unbelievable win!! Congrats to the entire staff and team. On paper, Jackson shouldn't even be within 20 of PHS. But obviously there are some problems in PTown!

Just my opinion, but there is no team concept with the Trojans. I got to see them some in summer leagues and he just let them run all over the place. You can't let them have full reigns all summer and then to try to get discipline when the season starts. And they have absolutely none. If they aren't the most talented team in the Southeast, the are definitely in the top three. They have no business losing to the Ironmen. Somebody said the coaches seat is warming up in PTown.....well IMO it should be.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

lets not take away from Jackson , they played a great game, I said this even when Portsmouth beat them at Portsmouth, Jackson has a couple of kids that can flat out shoot, and they work their offense and stick with it,they pas the ball and work it untill they get some nice looks under the basket, I would like to see us stop that play after they run it about 30 times on us though.

but The Trojans definatly have some things that need to be worked on now,,,in order to be ready for post season,hopefully ALL the coaches can get together and work these things out, I have said from the start if thisa group puts 4 good periods of basketbll togeher "in one game" they wil be hard for any one to handle, they just have to learn, you can NOT TAKE PLAYS OF!

hoopscoop
Waterboy

Post by hoopscoop »

Dave were you at the game,fill us in please!Anyone have stats of game?

Return to “Boys Basketball”