Waterboy

Re: Chillicothe 89 Vinton County 42

Post by Hook_N_Lateral »

OUCH... Good Season vikings, keep your heads up

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

my son stayed and watched the 2nd game......just called and said chilli should win by 40+... meadowbrook tallest player was 6'0......
bj mullens and canal winchester went down to defeat tonight......

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Chilli can name their score against the next opponent.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I'd guess a miniature letdown after playing this well.

Chillly by only 26

pinapplrdhwk
Freshman Team

Post by pinapplrdhwk »

In the words of Mcluvin himself Chikka chikka whaaat chikkka whaaaat

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Congrats to Chilly Keep the SEOAL alive. :aaaaa41

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Just returning from an outstanding game by the Cavs tonight. I am still flying high by the shooting and defensive exhibition I just saw. First off, congrats to Coach Combs and the Vinton County program. You have put together two great years. No one can take that away. Also Guthrie is a stud underneath, but the Cavs had him game planned well. Chambers, Dawes, Smith and Newman all did an excellent job on him. WKKJ in Chilly reports Guthrie finished with 10 pts. I believe 4 or 6 of them were from the line. Congrats to Guthrie on an excellent career and all the other Seniors on this program. No matter what was said this past week on these forums, both programs are alive and well and should be commended. Unfortunately VC ran into a team that played like it was playing about a month ago.

Just running through the Cavs scoring, Hitchens had 28 (21 in the 3rd qtr) and I am not sure he missed more then 4 to 5 shots. Beverly was on fire from the outside and had 19 (13 in the second qtr when Hitchens and Chambers were both on the bench with 2 fouls). After that Dawes had 9, Smith had 8 or 10, and a host of others chipped in.

Overall, I thought Knights and Dawes got us out of the blocks early and hit some big shots. Caleb drained an early three and had a nice layin, while Dawes hit two quick ones and nailed a three in the first half. Chambers was very limited on the offensive end, but if we hold Guthrie to 10, then he and the other bigs did there job. Defensively, I felt the Cavs took VC out of their rhythm with the pressure. I read were one posted we pressed well into the 4th qtr. Well, I am sorry because you did not even see our real full-court pressure tonight. We mixed it up, but I felt our guards were to strong and quick for the VC guards. They did their best, but it took them out of the offensive flow. When Guthrie bought the ball up the court or handled it on the perimeter, it took him away.

I did think Prater for VC stepped up and had some nice minutes early. He was the real spark that I saw. He is just a junior and will be a player next year.

As I look at the score Qtr by Qtr, I see the Cavs got out 17-9 and then 40-20 at halftime. It was looking pretty bleak then, but VC was not totally out of it. It was the third qtr blitz of 30-10 that sealed the deal. Hitchens outscored VC 21-10 with shots made from everywhere. Three 3-balls and 2 and one's while driving and scoring. The final of 89-42 showed the offensive fire power the Cavs have had most of the year. Our shooting percentate at about the end of the third was still an outstanding 66% while VC was at about 26%. Not sure where the final % ended up at. Also, I thought our bench gave us very good minutes tonight (except the final 5 minutes were a bit sloopy compared to how we played most of the year).

Jordan Benson and Ronnie Smith combined for around 16 and all of that was pretty much in the flow of the game in the 1st 3 quarters. Newman came in and gave us solid minutes off the bench defensively and offensively. He also had a few nice passes. I would finally like to see our # of assists. When we get around 20 assists in a game like this, that means we are working the ball and getting good looks. I believe Knights and Humpty had to have 12 between them and Dawes had some awesome looks.

One final thought about the poster on the other thread who said we left the starters in to long. You will see in the stats that Coach K. pulled them in the 3rd, but let them come back to start the 4th. After the 7 minute mark he sent the subs to the table, but we had to wait over a minute to get them in. I can assure you our starters were not in under the 5:30 minute mark. To that note (and I have no issue with it), Coach Combs had his starters in well after that. I believe this is more then fair (especially for the Seniors).

Well, it is off to the Championship game Saturday, and hopefully, we will get all of Southern and SouthEastern Ohio behind us. If not, I can guarantee you there will be a core of people that have been there for the past 3 years (good and bad) and we are might proud of these kids.

GO CAVS!!! REFUSE TO LOSE!!! TAKE NO PRISONERS!!! 4 DOWN! 1 TO GO!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

hitchbone64 wrote:Just returning from an outstanding game by the Cavs tonight. I am still flying high by the shooting and defensive exhibition I just saw. First off, congrats to Coach Combs and the Vinton County program. You have put together two great years. No one can take that away. Also Guthrie is a stud underneath, but the Cavs had him game planned well. Chambers, Dawes, Smith and Newman all did an excellent job on him. WKKJ in Chilly reports Guthrie finished with 10 pts. I believe 4 or 6 of them were from the line. Congrats to Guthrie on an excellent career and all the other Seniors on this program. No matter what was said this past week on these forums, both programs are alive and well and should be commended. Unfortunately VC ran into a team that played like it was playing about a month ago.

Just running through the Cavs scoring, Hitchens had 28 (21 in the 3rd qtr) and I am not sure he missed more then 4 to 5 shots. Beverly was on fire from the outside and had 19 (13 in the second qtr when Hitchens and Chambers were both on the bench with 2 fouls). After that Dawes had 9, Smith had 8 or 10, and a host of others chipped in.

Overall, I thought Knights and Dawes got us out of the blocks early and hit some big shots. Caleb drained an early three and had a nice layin, while Dawes hit two quick ones and nailed a three in the first half. Chambers was very limited on the offensive end, but if we hold Guthrie to 10, then he and the other bigs did there job. Defensively, I felt the Cavs took VC out of their rhythm with the pressure. I read were one posted we pressed well into the 4th qtr. Well, I am sorry because you did not even see our real full-court pressure tonight. We mixed it up, but I felt our guards were to strong and quick for the VC guards. They did their best, but it took them out of the offensive flow. When Guthrie bought the ball up the court or handled it on the perimeter, it took him away.

I did think Prater for VC stepped up and had some nice minutes early. He was the real spark that I saw. He is just a junior and will be a player next year.

As I look at the score Qtr by Qtr, I see the Cavs got out 17-9 and then 40-20 at halftime. It was looking pretty bleak then, but VC was not totally out of it. It was the third qtr blitz of 30-10 that sealed the deal. Hitchens outscored VC 21-10 with shots made from everywhere. Three 3-balls and 2 and one's while driving and scoring. The final of 89-42 showed the offensive fire power the Cavs have had most of the year. Our shooting percentate at about the end of the third was still an outstanding 66% while VC was at about 26%. Not sure where the final % ended up at. Also, I thought our bench gave us very good minutes tonight (except the final 5 minutes were a bit sloopy compared to how we played most of the year).

Jordan Benson and Ronnie Smith combined for around 16 and all of that was pretty much in the flow of the game in the 1st 3 quarters. Newman came in and gave us solid minutes off the bench defensively and offensively. He also had a few nice passes. I would finally like to see our # of assists. When we get around 20 assists in a game like this, that means we are working the ball and getting good looks. I believe Knights and Humpty had to have 12 between them and Dawes had some awesome looks.

One final thought about the poster on the other thread who said we left the starters in to long. You will see in the stats that Coach K. pulled them in the 3rd, but let them come back to start the 4th. After the 7 minute mark he sent the subs to the table, but we had to wait over a minute to get them in. I can assure you our starters were not in under the 5:30 minute mark. To that note (and I have no issue with it), Coach Combs had his starters in well after that. I believe this is more then fair (especially for the Seniors).

Well, it is off to the Championship game Saturday, and hopefully, we will get all of Southern and SouthEastern Ohio behind us. If not, I can guarantee you there will be a core of people that have been there for the past 3 years (good and bad) and we are might proud of these kids.

GO CAVS!!! REFUSE TO LOSE!!! TAKE NO PRISONERS!!! 4 DOWN! 1 TO GO!

Good to see somebody has a game thread with a final score listed.Wow! We need to get back to that...LOL

Army
S

Post by Army »

Way to go CAVS :!:

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Post by Swampfox »

I saw the game last night and dont any high school team that could be a team that shot the way Chillicothe did. They played a fundamentaly sound game all the way around. With that said, why is there any starters in at the start of the 4th quarter when you are up 40 points. I thought high school was to show who was the better team not to try and embarrass. All it takes is the starter to pivot wrong and twist an ankle or go up and come on someone's foot. He could miss the next game and cost not only him, but the whole team a chance to win at the next level.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Swampfox wrote:I saw the game last night and dont any high school team that could be a team that shot the way Chillicothe did. They played a fundamentaly sound game all the way around. With that said, why is there any starters in at the start of the 4th quarter when you are up 40 points. I thought high school was to show who was the better team not to try and embarrass. All it takes is the starter to pivot wrong and twist an ankle or go up and come on someone's foot. He could miss the next game and cost not only him, but the whole team a chance to win at the next level.

Wasn't this the Regionals? A starter could do this in the first minute. Quit complaining about getting whipped. Let me guess, the officiating was terrible too!
When you are in the regionals, you play hard to advance to the next level, no chances.

pinapplrdhwk
Freshman Team

Post by pinapplrdhwk »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I agree with you 100 percent, I hate when people think just because you have a nice lead going into the 4th every starter should come out. I was told VC's starters were in the entire game, so it's obvious they were trying to win and get back in the game, and i thought as long as they were in so should chillicothe's. Basically what VC's fans are saying is that chillicothe should have taken their starters out and have the JV's play against VC's starters the ENTIRE 4th? How fair is that to chillicothe, they simply worked hard to get a huge lead, and wanted to make sure that there was no way that lead would go away. All it would've taken is for chillicothe not play their starters the entire 4th quarter, and VC opens up the 4th quarter on fire , chillicothe turns the ball over a few times, and the next thing you know VC is back in the game.

I'm so tired of people saying all it takes is one wrong pivot here and there and your starter would be gone, so let me ask you should the starters just not practice all week in fear of getting hurt????? NO!!!! If you play scared in fear of injury it's going to end up happening.

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

pinapplrdhwk wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I agree with you 100 percent, I hate when people think just because you have a nice lead going into the 4th every starter should come out. I was told VC's starters were in the entire game, so it's obvious they were trying to win and get back in the game, and i thought as long as they were in so should chillicothe's. Basically what VC's fans are saying is that chillicothe should have taken their starters out and have the JV's play against VC's starters the ENTIRE 4th? How fair is that to chillicothe, they simply worked hard to get a huge lead, and wanted to make sure that there was no way that lead would go away. All it would've taken is for chillicothe not play their starters the entire 4th quarter, and VC opens up the 4th quarter on fire , chillicothe turns the ball over a few times, and the next thing you know VC is back in the game.

I'm so tired of people saying all it takes is one wrong pivot here and there and your starter would be gone, so let me ask you should the starters just not practice all week in fear of getting hurt????? NO!!!! If you play scared in fear of injury it's going to end up happening.

i think that you are really starting to turn into your avatar. you are sounding more and more like him every day now :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol:

but i do agree with you, you play scared in fear of injury and yes you will get injured.

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Post by Ted Striker »

Captain Jack wrote:
pinapplrdhwk wrote: I was told VC's starters were in the entire game, so it's obvious they were trying to win and get back in the game, and i thought as long as they were in so should chillicothe's.

I don't think swampfox is even from VC. There was nothing wrong with the way Coach Kellough played his players last night, either. Also, Coach Combs played his 5 seniors the majority of the 4th quarter, and I'd say it was because it was clearly going to be their final game. And what do you mean you "were told"? Are you saying you weren't at the game. You've talked an awful lot of smack on here for someone who didn't even attend the game. I'm really going to have to question your fanhood now. 8)

I don't know about you, Captain Jack, but I smell bandwagon. (I also smelled it really bad when I walked past the Chillicothe section.) :lol:

pinapplrdhwk
Freshman Team

Post by pinapplrdhwk »

Sir you've talked just as much smack as me.

Furthermore I live 4 hours away from Athens, and if i didn't have at 8 am I would have went to the game.

Stop acting like you didn't talk a lick of smack all week.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Juveniles! All of you.

Here is a list of the minutes played;

Chillicothe

Beverly- 23
Knights - 26
Hitchens - 22
Dawes - 23
Chambers - 16
Benson - 12
Smith - 11
Newman - 9
Turner - 7
Woodworth - 5
Von Volkinburg - 2
Hamilton - 2
Vanvoorhis - 2

Vinton County

Grillo - 26
Stewart - 25
Eberts - 23
Batey - 17
Guthrie - 29

Allen - 15
Dixon - 8
Prater - 17
Clark - 1
Thompson - 1
Reed - 1
Dyl Guthrie - 1

Seniors

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

The Colts have a very good player of their own in Phillp Biggs. He is just like Logan Aronhalt but not as strong & not as talented. He can jump just as well & he can shoot just as well. With that being said, Chillicothie by as much as they want(if they don't take this game lightly).

Return to “Boys Basketball”