Where's the SPIRIT at the EAGLE NEST?

Got SPIRIT
Waterboy

Where's the SPIRIT at the EAGLE NEST?

Post by Got SPIRIT »

I am new at this site and just want to post this statement.
The boys on varsity are struggling a little now and the students in the pep section were always behind them until the second half on Tuesday nite, when they were told by staff members that they had to sit down. The boys had a nice lead at half and then ended up losing. Was it because the crowd got QUIET....who knows??????.

So now the Eastern Eagles Athletic Boosters are asking everyone to wear WHITE on fridays game against Trimble. They are going to PAY for all the HIGH SCHOOL KIDS that get their ticket at school from the AD before the game.
So lets show the school faculty that the school still has SPIRIT and lets fill the NEW pep club SECTION with white.
Be prepared for the EAGLE NEST to be real LOUD on FRIDAY 1/18/08

lets beat the Tomcats.......GO EAGLES

lovin' every minute of it
Riding the Bench

Post by lovin' every minute of it »

Eastern fans have never really cheered at the games, home or away. You go to other gyms, fans are usually really loud, and pep section really into the game. I thought it was nice to see the kids getting into the game and supporting the team. I am sure the team likes to hear the crowd cheering for them instead of sitting like a lump on a log. I have heard some people complain about the student section being to loud, PLEASE!, you're at a basketball game, it should be loud, and if you don't like it, stay home and listen to it on the radio. GO GREEN!! PEP CLUB, KEEP IT UP!

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Where's the spirit :?: This is the first year that I have seen a tunnel at every home game that runs from the locker room door to past half court. The student section is not gigantic but it is alive and well. The 4th quarter jump that they started this year is pretty cool. It looks like the spirit is doing much better. The home attendance is down but that will change with more wins. ;-)

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I was at Tuesdays game and I wondered why none of the student section was standing in the second half. They were up the entire first half, but they did get quite in the second half..... :cry:

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

I was thinking the same, Bassmaster. Kyle Edwards is doing a fine job of leading them :lol: And if someone told them to stop from Eastern then shame on them!

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I think Joel Lynch is a good role model for the pep-club, I love the orange vest and boots.

Got SPIRIT
Waterboy

Post by Got SPIRIT »

thanks for all the support of the students....

Hope to see everyone in the EAGLES NEST friday night...

and remember wear WHITE.....we want everyone in WHITE.....

LETS GO EAGLES........

1wish
Waterboy

Post by 1wish »

dont expect nothing the student body is to mad at the staff to do anything. as for the second half they were told to set down and i think that had to do with the out come of the game

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

The megaphones were also taken away for the second half. :?:

Go Get It
Freshman Team

Post by Go Get It »

Good to see the kids supporting the team. Shame on those who try to stop them. You don't see them shutting up the pep clubs at other schools and I have seen alot bigger and louder pep clubs.

renob
Freshman Team

Post by renob »

1wish,,,

Don't let "THE MAN" take your fun away....

I expect you guys to get more people and be even louder now.
Or that is atleast what I would do.....
The team needs you guys more than ever now....

:lol:

lights out
Waterboy

Post by lights out »

Just to be completely honest, there are faculty at Eastern who would rather see Boy's Basketball struggle. These are the same faculty who have caused problems for years. We all know who they are. And furthermore, we all know they are the ones who instigate such actions as quieting the pep section. It's been this way for years and will continue until they're gone. Just the facts. Sad, but true.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

lights out
Waterboy

Post by lights out »

Bass....not sure from your response whether this is news to you or you're in shock that they were, in fact, stated....lol. Either way, to most this is not suprising news. 8)

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

No it's not news to me. ;-) The student cheering section is also being moved down by the entrance to the gym. I guess some folks sitting behind them complained to the deputies because the cheering section stood the whole game and blocked their vision.

lights out
Waterboy

Post by lights out »

Whats that ladies name on the school bus that wouldn't give up her seat? Oh yeah, Rosa Parks. I'd be damned if i'd move. Been there all season and the previous ones, why move now? :twisted:

Waterboy

Post by 1234 »

Wherever they put the pep club I hope they continue to be loud and keep cheering the boys on . They do a great job. We finally got some enthusiam and they try to stop it, what a shame!

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

They're not trying to stop it, just keep it under control.

think about it
Freshman Team

Post by think about it »

They are under control its certain people most know who they are everyone should crowd into the student section 2nite its bull.... its for the kids why dont the staff back off.

the thinker

Return to “Boys Basketball”