Best officials in the Southeast District????

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

I have seen a lot of the crews in SE Ohio. Sometimes I cringe when I see some crews walk in the gym, because you know what the evening is going to be like.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Bassmaster wrote:I have seen a lot of the crews in SE Ohio. Sometimes I cringe when I see some crews walk in the gym, because you know what the evening is going to be like.

LOL, yep me too...

Waterboy

Post by 1234 »

GW wait til you go to Southern tonight. Tell me what you think of the jv offical with glasses.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Glad to see some of the names I worked with in 18yrs of BB officiating are still going at it....

John 3:16
think about it
Freshman Team

Post by think about it »

No such thing as best lol

the thinker
PeteRoseHOF
Riding the Bench

Post by PeteRoseHOF »

I remember while coaching a middle school boys basketball team, we went to Chesapeake and we won but after the game I heard with my own ears an official tell a kid from Chesapeake that he did all he could do to help them win. That official is now calling games on the varsity level and is as one sided official as I have ever seen. I say let the kids enjoy the game. They all put in time in practice and they trust the officials to treat them fair.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

From my new vantage point this year, I have gained a new respect for the men in stripes. It is easy to sit on your fanny and criticize, but it's another to be out on the floor and make a split-second decision. Fouls and violations could be called on almost every play during a game. The ones I like are the ones who are consistent, and aren't afraid to make the obvious call with the game on the line. Phipps and Davis are the ones who stand out in my mind.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

^^^^^^
Agreed.

However, it's bad when it always goes against one team. And I have seen it like that. I'm sure many others have too.

Derrow,Norris, Settles, not sure if they still are at it but Jeff Lanham and his crew are usually good.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

1234 wrote:GW wait til you go to Southern tonight. Tell me what you think of the jv offical with glasses.

I didn't see any officials tonight with glasses. Perhaps they forgot the lenses? lol

Competitor
Waterboy

Post by Competitor »

I started reading this thread because I was interested in everyones opinion but it turned to jokes. Let's go this way. If you are serious, give me the 3 guys you want to see call a HUGE game with an alternate.
I would go with John Derrow, Brian Phipps and Doug Davis. Alt would be, from a LARGE pool of good ones, Kevin Swartzel. With this crew, each coaching staff knows what they are going to get, and they WILL let the kids decide the outcome.

Trying to find a golf game!!!
earp
S

Post by earp »

Hey I have been to alot of games in other states and other places Ex:West Virginia and Kentucky.We are very lucky here in Southeast Ohio to have the officials that we do. :-D

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

It seems that not too many folks like being "lucky". ;-)

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

"Best Officals in the Southeast District"
Anybody that officiates in McArthur or Sturt. :lol:

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

G W McLintock wrote:"Best Officals in the Southeast District"
Anybody that officiates in McArthur or Sturt. :lol:

Good one :!: :lol:

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

You could add Brady to that list :!:

bevo12
Waterboy

disrespect to officials

Post by bevo12 »

I think alot of the officials in Southeastern Ohio do a great job officiating. There is no way you can pick just one, or even one crew of officials. And i agree with the quote earlier in the post that when you hardly notice the officials at a game... it has to be a great called game. It seems anywhere you go anymore there's always people complaining about officiating in every gymnasium. For those of you who are those complainers, i'd like to see your sorry attempt at officiating a gameon a gradeschool level, let alone a high school varsity level.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Well from what I've seen it wouldn't take much effort on my part to do a better job. :roll:

REDSTREAKFAN
Waterboy

Post by REDSTREAKFAN »

The best ones....The ones who were not at the Zane Trace/Piketon game last night!! :) INCONSISTENT BOTHWAYS!!!!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

quit crying because you got beat

Return to “Boys Basketball”