Huntington @ VC 12-28

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

VC better hope they win big or they will be ate alive here.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

wing-t wrote:So it's fair to make Huntington's fans travel and let VC have a home game? That doesn't surprise me out of the VC fateful...Should have played the game on the day it suppose to played. Oh yeah maybe you should get a life.

I read all of your posts and everyone of them are negative. You are a giant tool. But answer this. Why blame VC? This was not there call to make. The host school (Alex) made the call. So quit your cring and enjoy the game. There are so many people on here that just want to "hate on" VC its amazing.

SEfan2007
Riding the Bench

Post by SEfan2007 »

Im still laughing at the spelling in your MENSA post hater...

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Never said I was a member. :-D

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Once it was announced this game was @ VC I was figuring this would be on about page 12 by now.

By reading the posts of members with certain log in names...I'm not believing the VC was the only option theory.

All in all it doesn't matter. This game and matchup SHOULD help both teams in the long run.

Does Huntington get to bring the refs?

SEfan2007
Riding the Bench

Post by SEfan2007 »

Huntington 68-51......Ive seen them both HHS is superior from what Ive seen.

And btw hater , how do you KNOW VC was the only option?

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

pfloyd wrote:... should be a great evening of hoops action in the Vinton County gymnasium ... an extra "napkin or two or three" night that's for sure !!! - 3 games ... what time does the show start (freshmen game)? ...

Hi Pf. I believe the freshman tip @ 5:00.
Yes a great evening of hoops to be enjoyed by all!
Yeah hope concession is well stocked!
GO VIKES

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

SEfan2007 wrote:Huntington 68-51......Ive seen them both HHS is superior from what Ive seen.

And btw hater , how do you KNOW VC was the only option?

I guess time will tell on who will win. i will say this, I would assume the game you watched of Vc's was the SE game, which was VC's worst this season and they still won 70-44. VC's size and depth will be the difference in this one and the Vikes will pull away in the 2nd.

And dont worry about what "I KNOW".

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I'll take Huntington by 4

VC has the big size advantage, but Huntington has the advantage in the backcourt. If VC can consistantly break the Huntington press, they'll have the advantage.

Look for Guthrie and both Kelloughs to have big games.

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

Listen guys it is very simple the best team wins! As far as where you play, yes there are advantages to having a home game in the since that you have your fans behind you and you've played on the court, but in the end even the best teams have a bad day on their own court ! I played many years and coach now and I can tell you that what it really comes down to is who puts the ball in the hole the most ? Who plays the best defense? and WHO WANTS THE GAME MORE!!!!....This will be a great game both teams want a W here, both teams are undefeated and both teams will give it their all......

With that being said stop all the negative post and support both your teams, the boys from Vinton County did not cancel the game at the Convo it was admin.

The fact the game is being made up is the real point isn't it? THe fact the Alex's basketball program ( money wise) and Vinton Co and Huntington (experinece wise) isn't that what we look for? The money and the experience to carry the TVC to another level?

Because I LOVE the TVC GO VIKINGS...show all these nay sayers what you are made of !!!

Gold.and.Green88
Freshman Team

Post by Gold.and.Green88 »

Good Luck Rick!! You better stay on the undefeated list with us Green Devils! We can't have Coach Young out coach'in ya now can we? ;-)

- Your Weinner Dog Buddy

FrankieG
Freshman Team

Post by FrankieG »

Why don't the posters ask the" people in the know" Why this game is at VC? That way we all shall know.
I have seen a couple of score predications :lol:
Hold on i'm still laughing :lol:
OK I'm ready, Look for the main guys from each team getting theirs,
But who will step up and play smarter defense.

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

FrankieG..... so what do you think? Have you seen Huntington play?

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Options

Post by Swampfox »

As we said before the committee looked at several options. For various reasons places one by one had to be eliminated. When looking at high school gyms, you have to look at three schedules. Huntington, Vinton County and the neutral site schedule. As far as traveling, the committee was prepared to travel.

All the committee wanted was to finish what they had started because this game has been talked about for a long time. We as a committee would like to see some positve entries on this site. Both teams play hard and deserve nothing less. Commenting about inside play vs outside play, defense vs offense, player matchups, coaching matchup is what this and any game is all about.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

FrankieG- The people making "predications" or predicitions that Huntington will win big are both Southeastern posters. Huntington was much more dominate against the Panthers than the Vikings were, which is why their predictions are that lopsided.

CoyDuke
Freshman Team

Post by CoyDuke »

However, it could get interesting if the VC guards dont step up and play better D. The last 2 games (Alex & Southeastern), good guard play has torched VC.

I was at both games over the weekend, and I was just wondering.....Who exactly torched VC? Was it Alexander scoring 38 pts, or Southeastern scoring 44? Did a guard from either of those two teams even score 15 points? I'm not saying that the Kellough boys won't "torch" the Vikings (obvioulsy they have done so to many of the teams they've played this year) but Alexander and Southeastern did not. As for the game on Friday, it should be a great one. These are two really good teams. [/quote]

Much Obliged
akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

Is there anyone web-casting this game? What are the call signs for the radio stations that may be covering this game?

Gold.and.Green88
Freshman Team

Post by Gold.and.Green88 »

FrankieG
Freshman Team

Post by FrankieG »

AKWHITEWATER:No prediction here Talked to kids and parents from hunt: they are up to the challenge.
Dani: Now I know why they had such a lopsided score thanks.
can you blame them? My spelling is always messed up.That comes from my procrastinating about going to see the optometrist. Maybe I shall in the near future :lol:
Swampfox: thanks for the :in the know: news.

SEfan2007
Riding the Bench

Post by SEfan2007 »

I actually have seen VC play 3 times this year , HHS 2...so I do get out a little bit. I like how HHS plays, their guard play will make the difference in this one, thats just my opinion...I have no dog in the hunt, and dont dislike or like either team...sorry to ell you Im not a hater or lover of either team, just look forward to a good ball game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”